• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Is it time to do away with the Elite Four Format?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yoshifan22

not a fan?
Once my friend put on a code to where he could catch the opponents pokemon, caught them, then we checked the Ivs, natures, moves, and stats.... wow, yea the e4 should be at least "decent". They sucked!

BlazingTrainer

I don't know, they are there for a reason. You don't want them to be too tough. I like them just the way they are. If they were too tough and leveled extremely high when you first battle them then it'll take forever to train your pokemon.

Kabuto

little punks!
I don't think the Elite Four needs a big change (though I do think the Champion should be better developed in terms of character like Blue or Lance were). I DO however think that many aspects of the game do need overhauls.

Victory Road for instance. A long cave at the end is really annoying, I liked something like Realgam Tower or Citadark Isle from the GameCube games much much better. Or maybe a forest would be cool, or a mountain, or pretty much ANYTHING but a cave.

The 8 gyms also need some work. I'd almost say to make them more like miniature Battle Frontier facilities with different themes besides mono type. More clever puzzles are a start, but I'd say to delve even deeper than that.

randomspot555

Victory Road for instance. A long cave at the end is really annoying, I liked something like Realgam Tower or Citadark Isle from the GameCube games much much better. Or maybe a forest would be cool, or a mountain, or pretty much ANYTHING but a cave.

In D/P/Plat, there already is a forest and mountain you're forced to journey through. Sure they can switch it up, but it's still the same.

And I think caves are great for right before the E4. Pack in some Dusk Balls and you can capture some relatively high level Pokemon.

The 8 gyms also need some work. I'd almost say to make them more like miniature Battle Frontier facilities with different themes besides mono type. More clever puzzles are a start, but I'd say to delve even deeper than that.

But that's what the BF/BT is for, more of a challenge. The gyms need to stay relatively simple so that the (large majority) fan base that plays Pokemon for the main 20 hour adventure aren't frustrated. I'm a lot older and I found the Ice Gym puzzle extremely frustrating, so I don't think even I want even harder puzzles.

Status
Not open for further replies.