• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Is it worth playing Pokemon Sapphire first?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JohnLynch

So I have Pokemon Sapphire. I haven't played it in ages. I do plan on getting the remake Alpha Sapphire for 3DS in about 6 months time. Is it worthwhile playing the GBA version? Or should I skip it and just play Alpha Sapphire?

Is there any significant advantage in bringing forward Gen 3 Pokemon to Gen 6 or Gen 7?

BCVM22

Unless you absotively posilutely MUST play a Generation III Hoenn game just to say that you did or you are in dire need of something to keep you busy until you play the Generation VI title and this is your sole option for doing so, no, it's not really worth it if you're going to play Alpha Sapphire in a few months' time.

Cometstarlight

What do I do now?
Either are fine to play. Playing the original may give you a greater appreciation for how far Pokemon has come, but it's not necessary. They're both solid games with fun music, great Pokemon, interesting characters, and just an overall fun generation. And hey, if you have a way of transferring those Pokemon from Sapphire all the way to Alpha Sapphire, you'll get a special certificate for your base, so there's that. Either way, have fun!

Mrs. Oreo

Banned
I liked the original Sapphire game more than I liked Alpha Sapphire if I'm being honest, but I'd probably choose Alpha Sapphire over it simply because the remake is more up to date.

Cometstarlight

What do I do now?
I agree with this. However to truly appreciate Gen III I would recommend playing Emerald

Oh yeah, definitely. If it's only between Sapphire and Alpha Sapphire, sure, but Emerald is the best gen III has to offer and I highly recommend it.

Status
Not open for further replies.