• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Is J....?

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Or she could have gone all friendly having her mind wiped and be Dawns contest rival in the future.

I can't see that happening though.

She won't die, they rarely kill off characters in the anime.

Blackjack Gabbiani

Clearly we're great!
The crown was symbolic in movie 12 and Marcus survived (something it seems a lot of people found confusing for that very reason).

Shneak

this is a Nessa x Sonia stan account ✨
I think she's alive, and wanting revenge. She should be dead, but I don't want her to be.

Mr. Joker

keep calm & carry on
/\ Maybe or maybe not, you know the Anime never say anyone dies so she could still be alive but then again there was no prof that she did escape is there?
I don't know my guess she could have escape but either she get caught off screen or she resting due to injures from the explosion.

who knows?

Arceus died. I guess Marcus did but they never said it, but he did.

I think that J is alive, if we see her again who knows.

EDIT: Blackjack, I don't recall Marcus still being alive, did they say he was??

Shneak

this is a Nessa x Sonia stan account ✨
Exactly. I know it would be for the best but I cannot bear to see her perish this way.

Me too. The best villian in the whole series should not be gone just like that. She needs to do much more.

BlueDragonfangirl

I think she's dead, which is a shame cuz I liked her. She was one of the best villains on the show, I shall miss her.

Dr. MECha

Prof. of Pokeology
It might be possible that ShoPro wanted to write her off after she served her purpose (which is capturing the spiritual trio). But to do it in the same episode she completed her task is a bit rushed if you asked me. But all in all, she's dead. They wanted to get of all the villians that they introduced in Shinnoh completely out of the way so they can focus on the Shinnoh Regional Tournament, and Festival.

However, there maybe a chance that she was recruited by Charon to bring Galactic back on its feet. But, it is most likely that he will get a job at Team Rocket instead.

Last edited:

rlopez

Arceus died. I guess Marcus did but they never said it, but he did.

I think that J is alive, if we see her again who knows.

EDIT: Blackjack, I don't recall Marcus still being alive, did they say he was??

The ending credits show him helping Damos in the field (or something like that). I think everyone thought he was dead until that scene.

About J, I dont want to believe it but I really think shes dead. Its just the way the whole scene was handled just makes it more believable. I was hoping for an epic J showdown where she would get her stuff handed to her but like someone said, I rather shes gone before her character gets staled and killing her off was pretty unexpected.

Willow's Tara

The Bewitched
Let's face it, folks - they probably would never outright show somebody getting killed on this show. Likewise, there was a lot of freaking symbolism that seemed indicative of death. The drifting toward the whirlpool slowly and dramatically, the water gushing in, the final explosion, and perhaps the most symbolic piece of all - the visor drifting upward. I'm always one to caution against jumping to conclusions, but Pokemon has never done something this daunting before. I say she's dead, but at the same time, I'm not gonna be super surprised if she shows up again.

Besides, isn't dying a hell of a lot cooler way to go out than either A) Being captured, or B) Being milked as a character to the point of staleness?

Let me also say that this series has never had me going "NoWayNoWayHolyCrapNoWayNoWay" like that before. J is just too badass, even in her falling.

That's a good point, although I wouldn't mind seeing her in the future again it would be more interesting if she went out in an explosion. Now I haven't seen this episode on the count of living in Australia but I wanted to commented.

Plus if Latios and Celebi can die then so can she. And just because Team Rocket seems to have immortality and survive every explosion and blasting off doesn't mean the rest of them.

Although I totally see her somehow getting out with Salamence, either that or she had a psychic Pokemon that used teleport.

Edit: Just looked up on Youtube, did anyone notice as the ship was in the water and going deeper you could see J's stone gun floating up to the surface? Maybe it slipped off her and went up but who knows.

Last edited:

Dr. MECha

Prof. of Pokeology
I just thought of something. If ShoPro wants to comfirm that J's dead, shouldn't they have Future Sight not only hit her ship, but also herself as well? Then they should show her motionless body as the ship crashed into the ocean.

thunderblade12

I agree with S.Suikun. I think J is dead. I expected from the beginning that her only purpose was for the Team Galactic arc. Her death is a much better way to write her off then having her get arrested and I really don't want her character to get stale.

Don't worry though, if the writers created a character as great as her once they can do it again. Who knows, maybe they'll top themselves next time. As for Marcus, did he die as well? Ash even flat out says "No Arceus, you can't die!!!", Brock says "We're alive!", and Marcus says "Arceus is going to perish here!" so I don't think the writers really see death as such a mature subject any more.

My question is did Cyrus die? Some one in the episode thread said that he succeeded in creating a new dimension for himself (poor Mars) but Dialga and Palkia destroyed that universe. Wouldn't he die if the universe he's in was destroyed the way Gohan, Piccolo, and the kids were in DBZ when Kid Buu destroyed the Earth?

Of course I don't speak any Japanese so I can't translate what the characters in the episode were saying myself and I have no idea if the person I'm talking about really knows what he/she was talking about.

But yeah, since Gary was still at the site where J's ship exploded he probably would have seen her if she made an escape on her Salamence. It's not like she can just sit around and wait until no one was around to see her make her escape, she was underwater. I'm pretty sure J's gone but if someone would clearify on Cyrus it'd be appreciated.

Last edited:

Willow's Tara

The Bewitched
True they could do that, or do what they did in Shipwreck, have Jenny throw a flower boudquet in the water showing she was dead (Considering she did it also for Jessie, James and Meowth in that episode despite TR was partly to blame for the ship going down, I know they are alive lol but still).

Or as you said show her motionless somewhere (Again they did that in Shipwrecked and showed Ash, TR and co unconicous and looked like they might die). I guess we won't know until the Sinnoh Saga ends (Unless she is alive and they plan bringing her back after the Sinnoh Saga)

GaZsTiC

Alternating
I agree with S.Suikun. I think J is dead. I expected from the beginning that her only purpose was for the Team Galactic arc. Her death is a much better way to write her off then having her get arrested and I really don't want her character to get stale.

Don't worry though, if the writers created a character as great as her once they can do it again. Who knows, maybe they'll top themselves next time. As for Marcus, did he die as well? Ash even flat out says "No Arceus, you can't die!!!", Brock says "We're alive!", and Marcus says "Arceus is going to perish here!" so I don't think the writers really see death as such a mature subject any more.

My question is did Cyrus die? Some one in the episode thread said that he succeeded in creating a new dimension for himself (poor Mars) but Dialga and Palkia destroyed that universe. Wouldn't he die if the universe he's in was destroyed the way Gohan, Piccolo, and the kids were in DBZ when Kid Buu destroyed the Earth?

Of course I don't speak any Japanese so I can't translate what the characters in the episode were saying myself and I have no idea if the person I'm talking about really knows what he/she was talking about.

Whether or not Cyrus is alone in his universe or if he's dead, we will probably never find out. He's more likely dead though.

Dr. MECha

Prof. of Pokeology
It is still a kid's show.

Yet it confirms that she's gone for good. As long as there's no blood, then it fine for the kids.

True they could do that, or do what they did in Shipwreck, have Jenny throw a flower boudquet in the water showing she was dead (Considering she did it also for Jessie, James and Meowth in that episode despite TR was partly to blame for the ship going down, I know they are alive lol but still).

Or as you said show her motionless somewhere (Again they did that in Shipwrecked and showed Ash, TR and co unconicous and looked like they might die). I guess we won't know until the Sinnoh Saga ends (Unless she is alive and they plan bringing her back after the Sinnoh Saga)

It after they show her lifeless corspe, they should show the ship EXPLODED UNDERWATER TO SEAL HER FATE WHILE SHE IS UNCONICOUS!!

Last edited:

STICKTOPIA

I didn't even see with the bad quality but idc. have TR and TG was enough of bad guys. She can die for i ca- *SHOT!*

Charizard Lord

Probably Napping
Yeah...I'm pretty sure she's gone. She couldn't have gotten away (at least not without anyone seeing her) and there's NO way she could have survived the crash, flood, and explosion. She's probably gone for good, which is sad, in a way. Oh well, like someone else said, they can easily make a character as great as her, if not make a better one.

P.S. It's really a shame that nobody told poor J about Karma. I guess what goes around really DOES come around. Humorously enough, that attack that ultimately did her in was Future Sight.

Bliksem

The Quirky Quilava
You all talk about how they wrote off the villains, but other than Jupiter, I don't see any of the Galaxy admins suffering any repercussions for their actions. Yes, Cyrus got sealed into his own universe to do whatever (he might even become God, we don't know). Yes, J and her troops crashed into the water where their ship exploded. But if you really want to get technical, if J's visor could float out of the ship, she could've easily swam as well. There's always Drapion, Ariados and Salamence that could help her survive as well.

So no, I don't think she's dead. I don't think she'll reappear, but I think it's foolish to completely write out a character like that; ESPECIALLY one that has pokemon with them. You'll notice that this show is rather adverse to killing off pokemon that are used as minions for evil villains.

Dr. MECha

Prof. of Pokeology
Yeah...I'm pretty sure she's gone. She couldn't have gotten away (at least not without anyone seeing her) and there's NO way she could have survived the crash, flood, and explosion. She's probably gone for good, which is sad, in a way. Oh well, like someone else said, they can easily make a character as great as her, if not make a better one.

P.S. It's really a shame that nobody told poor J about Karma. I guess what goes around really DOES come around. Humorously enough, that attack that ultimately did her in was Future Sight.

Not to mention Two of the Spiritual Trios fired it. Therefore, one hit the ship, and the other hit J, KILLING HER OFF COMPLETELY.