• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Is Jigglypuff in the anime shiny

Do you think Jigglypuff in the Anime is shiny?

• Yes, it has green eyes and a lighter body

• No, it's just your eyes or a miscolor from the animators.

• Other, list in comments below.

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rain-and-Thunder

I checked and saw no other thread about this so I decided to risk posting something and hope I don't get yelled at again for just wanting to find out the truth. Some Serebii people are not very nice so please bear with me on this.

Recently been watching the Sun and Moon anime and when Jigglypuff showed up I did a double take on it. It's light colored with green eyes, yet Serebii doesn't list it as being shiny. I went back to older pics of it and it appears to have green eyes too, instead of the normal blue of not being shiny.

I'd just like to know reasons why you think it may or may not be shiny, or if this was just some confusion of it's color pallet by the animators. I've looked it up and seen several discussions saying it is shiny, which since it has green eyes makes me think it is. There are also a few shots too where it's eyes look more blue, so I am stumped on this one. :p

There are pics on google if you search up anime jigglypuff and articles debating if it is shiny.

TheWanderingMist

Paladin of the Snow Queen
I checked and saw no other thread about this so I decided to risk posting something and hope I don't get yelled at again for just wanting to find out the truth. Some Serebii people are not very nice so please bear with me on this.

Recently been watching the Sun and Moon anime and when Jigglypuff showed up I did a double take on it. It's light colored with green eyes, yet Serebii doesn't list it as being shiny. I went back to older pics of it and it appears to have green eyes too, instead of the normal blue of not being shiny.

I'd just like to know reasons why you think it may or may not be shiny, or if this was just some confusion of it's color pallet by the animators. I've looked it up and seen several discussions saying it is shiny, which since it has green eyes makes me think it is. There are also a few shots too where it's eyes look more blue, so I am stumped on this one. :p

There are pics on google if you search up anime jigglypuff and articles debating if it is shiny.
I don't think she's shiny. Those eyes are nowhere near as green as the eyes of the shiny variant, and the shiny variant is a deeper pink color.

Kutie Pie

"It is my destiny."
Jigglypuff's eyes only became more teal when the anime entered digital coloring. A lot of the color palette changed as a result to give it more vibrant color that wouldn't wash out like it was when it was cel-animated (which needed to be a bolder color). If Jigglypuff was Shiny, there'd be sparkles accompanying her whenever she would appear like we've seen with Ash's Noctowl, or someone would've pointed it out by now in-universe. Now it is possible Jigglypuff may be an instance of an alternatively-colored Pokémon (like the pink Butterfree and James' Mareanie), which doesn't make them a Shiny Pokémon, but nothing suggests that she is.

(Note, chose not to use the darker color, which is the closest to the pupil, and the lighter highlight. The sliver of color in the iris is the "true" color. Wait, dammit, what'd I do in the first screenshot? Bleh, point still stands.)
1adaf40b5cb442d29da338d0380810a0cd4f9d36.png

507f3ed97cd6031f650321c5debc049d7958c7d0.png

(Best example of Jigglypuff in digital coloring I can get atm, but it's still the same Jigglypuff. But although the green tint is higher than before, there's still enough blue that keeps it from being considered green, so it's teal.)

Now here's an instance of a green-eyed random Jigglypuff from AG138, but it still wasn't stated to be a Shiny Jigglypuff.
445d7a83df54e83524d4379aabd9309874946110.png

Yes, there's still blue, but the green tint is higher.

Last edited:

Rain-and-Thunder

Thanks. I was a little confused over the color swap or so, and the articles stating this as proof it's a shiny. I'm still not 100% but this explains it a little better. :)

shoz999

Back when Tigers used to smoke.
Jigglypuff's eyes only became more teal when the anime entered digital coloring. A lot of the color palette changed as a result to give it more vibrant color that wouldn't wash out like it was when it was cel-animated (which needed to be a bolder color). If Jigglypuff was Shiny, there'd be sparkles accompanying her whenever she would appear like we've seen with Ash's Noctowl, or someone would've pointed it out by now in-universe. Now it is possible Jigglypuff may be an instance of an alternatively-colored Pokémon (like the pink Butterfree and James' Mareanie), which doesn't make them a Shiny Pokémon, but nothing suggests that she is.

(Note, chose not to use the darker color, which is the closest to the pupil, and the lighter highlight. The sliver of color in the iris is the "true" color. Wait, dammit, what'd I do in the first screenshot? Bleh, point still stands.)
1adaf40b5cb442d29da338d0380810a0cd4f9d36.png

507f3ed97cd6031f650321c5debc049d7958c7d0.png

(Best example of Jigglypuff in digital coloring I can get atm, but it's still the same Jigglypuff. But although the green tint is higher than before, there's still enough blue that keeps it from being considered green, so it's teal.)

Now here's an instance of a green-eyed random Jigglypuff from AG138, but it still wasn't stated to be a Shiny Jigglypuff.
445d7a83df54e83524d4379aabd9309874946110.png

Yes, there's still blue, but the green tint is higher.
Would be a great excuse though to bring two singing Jigglypuff lol, one regular and one shiny. A singing duet. Or maybe a lone Jigglypuff that changes its color palette to confuse the audience if there were two Jigglypuffs or one this whole time... but here's the gist of it. The anime will never tell lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.