• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Is Journeys the most unpredictable series?

DuskAstral

Geeta and the champion ranked trainers of her region are being hyped up as being the best of the best now, so why didn't they enter the PWC?
Just because they didn't show up doesn't mean they didn't participate.
There was talk of 10,000 trainers participating in PWC, so there is a good chance that some people from Paldea were also in the tournament.

masdog

What is the airspeed of an unladen Swellow?
JN018 was the episode where Ash registered for the PWC, and that episode starts off with saying there are over 10,000 participants in the tournament. We only see the contestants that Ash battles, so we have no idea how many trainers from other regions are participating. There is plenty of room trainers from Alola, Paldea, and other regions that haven’t been revealed to participate without running into Ash.

SH65

Victory Over All!
If by "unpredictable" you mean no one could predict how bad this **** could get then yes your right.

JN018 was the episode where Ash registered for the PWC, and that episode starts off with saying there are over 10,000 participants in the tournament. We only see the contestants that Ash battles, so we have no idea how many trainers from other regions are participating. There is plenty of room trainers from Alola, Paldea, and other regions that haven’t been revealed to participate without running into Ash.
How true could this really be? Because this sounds like coping more then anything.

masdog

How true could this really be? Because this sounds like coping more then anything.
How true could what be? That there are 10,000 participants in the PWC? It’s literally the first line of JN018 Destination: Coronation. You can go back and watch it on Netflix if you don’t believe it…

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
No it is very predictable
I always predict breaks or recaps and I am right

desdar300

I can buy this for some no name trainers, but not the champion of the region.

Sham

The Guardian of War
At the very least the Masters 8 is implying that the current Champions 1-8 are the most strongest even after every other region that comes after. Alain, a non Champion and a league winner got in but not other regional Champs? They screwed themselves with this concept and not polishing it.

SH65

Victory Over All!
How true could what be? That there are 10,000 participants in the PWC? It’s literally the first line of JN018 Destination: Coronation. You can go back and watch it on Netflix if you don’t believe it…
If it was more then 10,000 participants then thats one thing. But that amount can be filled up by trainers from Kanto to Galar theirs no reason to think that anyone from Paldea is in the PWC.

masdog

There are 91 trainers in the Ultra Class, and they only revealed about 5 trainers who had that rank. There could have easily been a Champion in there who didn’t progress.

And its not like Champions automatically go to the top. Ash had to work his way up to the M8, and his battle with the Unova Champion happened while both were in the Super Class.

At the very least the Masters 8 is implying that the current Champions 1-8 are the most strongest even after every other region that comes after.
How so?

If it was more then 10,000 participants then thats one thing. But that amount can be filled up by trainers from Kanto to Galar theirs no reason to think that anyone from Paldea is in the PWC.
As the saying goes, “absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.” We don’t have any information on who in the PWC besides the trainers that Ash has battled onscreen. And in many cases, we don’t know which region those trainers are from. The tournament is constructed in a way where they can easily fit trainers from future regions into it without contradicting anything.

Why don’t you think there could be any trainers from Paldea (or future regions) in the PWC?

Sham

The Guardian of War
What do you mean how so? A league winner being stronger than somebody who actually participated in the league, beat the Elite Four and became Champion is somehow weaker than him? Having exterior knowledge that they didn’t already exists doesn’t mean it’s still not bad story telling

SH65

Victory Over All!
As the saying goes, “absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.” We don’t have any information on who in the PWC besides the trainers that Ash has battled onscreen. And in many cases, we don’t know which region those trainers are from. The tournament is constructed in a way where they can easily fit trainers from future regions into it without contradicting anything.

Why don’t you think there could be any trainers from Paldea (or future regions) in the PWC?
Look at what I said here
But that amount can be filled up by trainers from Kanto to Galar theirs no reason to think that anyone from Paldea is in the PWC.
Also if the Paldea's Champion couldn't even make it to the Ultra Class or even lost their then she likely wasn't that strong to begin with and will make it harder to believe when the anime tries to make her seem as strong or stronger then Ash.

Sham

The Guardian of War
Paul didn't participate in the tourney because it was beneath him, so that justifies other post-Leon champion not bothering to come.
Paul didn’t participate because he said he didn’t like festivals as if he didn’t compete in Kanto-Sinnoh leagues it was a convenient excuse that still doesn’t explain the others. Everybody after Leon thought it was pointless?

Sham

The Guardian of War
Also if the Paldea's Champion couldn't even make it to the Ultra Class or even lost their then she likely wasn't that strong to begin with and will make it harder to believe when the anime tries to make her seem as strong or stronger then Ash.
Which is why I believe no Champions for the most part should’ve have been allowed to participate. Maybe give Ash some wiggle room since the league was still being structured and he didn’t have to go the traditional route of collecting badges + entering the league + battling the Elite Four + battling the current Champion like the others.

Half of them didn’t even have build up in the series to care about them participating so why all of them are there is baffling kinda.

Imagine competing in the PWC and you get Lance/Diantha/Iris/Cynthia/Steven?

masdog

What do you mean how so? A league winner being stronger than somebody who actually participated in the league, beat the Elite Four and became Champion is somehow weaker than him? Having exterior knowledge that they didn’t already exists doesn’t mean it’s still not bad story telling
You act like the rankings are static and that regional champions are automatically in the M8. We know both aren’t the case, and they can easily justify a champion not being in the M8. They could have joined late, dropped out, took a year off, been pulled away due to something happening in their region, didn’t want to travel, thought it was beneath them, weren’t champion at the time, etc…

Look at what I said here
Yes, I understood that you said its possible that all 10000 trainers are from known regions. I’m wondering why you think that none of those trainers could be from Paldea.

I never said they couldn’t make it to the Ultra Class. But they could be one of those trainers that Ash leap-frogged and never encountered.

Narratively, it’s not that big of a deal because we get such a limited view. The problem will be how they execute it (if there is an SV anime) because execution is not this series strong poi…

Sham

The Guardian of War
You act like the rankings are static and that regional champions are automatically in the M8. We know both aren’t the case, and they can easily justify a champion not being in the M8. They could have joined late, dropped out, took a year off, been pulled away due to something happening in their region, didn’t want to travel, thought it was beneath them, weren’t champion at the time, etc…
No I’m acting like it’s strange assuming that every generation after Galar just didn’t compete and who knows how many generations that is. That’s the excuse for every single Champion after Leon? Okay, very convenient. Problems that can also apply to every other revealed Champion here but didn’t.

DuskAstral

How would Geeta appear in the M8 tournament when she made her debut so late?
Let's see:
- start of the M8 tournament: June 17th
- Geeta's debut: September 7

It's hard to show a person who doesn't exist yet.

SH65

Victory Over All!

Yes, I understood that you said its possible that all 10000 trainers are from known regions. I’m wondering why you think that none of those trainers could be from Paldea.

I never said they couldn’t make it to the Ultra Class. But they could be one of those trainers that Ash leap-frogged and never encountered.

Narratively, it’s not that big of a deal because we get such a limited view. The problem will be how they execute it (if there is an SV anime) because execution is not this series strong poi…
My god all you have done at this point to throw out headcanon after headcanon and trying to act like they're true. Also do you really think that their enough trainers to fill up the PWC in only Kanto to Galar because that makes no sense.

Sham

The Guardian of War
It's less about Paul not liking festivals but more that he had his own reason, of which anyone else not showing up(?) also had their own reasons.
I mean I’m just saying what came out from the source’s mouth. That was his excuse. And even that was wonky logic.