• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Is May overrated?

Is may overrated?

• Yes

Votes: 42 60.9%
  • No

Votes: 20 29.0%
  • Dont know

Votes: 7 10.1%

• Total voters

High Commander Solomon

This is MADNESS!
...says you. It's an OPINION. The opinion that is not yours is not the "wrong" answer, because there is not a "wrong" answer. What's next, you're gonna start the Official May Fanatics? One can argue that May's rivals are more interesting than her in those episodes, especially Harley. Why, exactly, do you feel the need to jump everyone who dislikes May?

Phantom_Bugsy

So hot he's on fire.
...says you. It's an OPINION. The opinion that is not yours is not the "wrong" answer, because there is not a "wrong" answer. What's next, you're gonna start the Official May Fanatics? One can argue that May's rivals are more interesting than her in those episodes, especially Harley. Why, exactly, do you feel the need to jump everyone who dislikes May?

For the same reason fans of any character jump on haters of that character :0

And yes, her opponents are much more interesting. TBH, I'd rather know more about Chaz and Joshua than May :/

Rex Kamex

Her bodily structure is overrated.

But, technically, when one person praises her too much and acts like she's more special than she really is, May is automatically overrated. XD Of course, more than one person thinks so. I like May a lot though. She's a good co-star for the group too. But why did the writers have to burn her bike and give her a Bulbasaur and a Squirtle? And was Munchlax necessary other than "promoting the 4th generation"? (I like her outfit though. And, of course, she has a lot of good points, so I am glad she's in the show. And I'm not saying that because I hate Misty or anything like that.)

Ridley-X4 said:
She's fine in the show, it's just that I hate most of her fanbase which are people who want to rape her and stuff.

That's an even bigger problem than what I mentioned before. Actually, I'm in her fanbase, but I think it's obvious that one of the main reasons people like her physical appearance is because of her chest. And, people assume because of her chest that she isn't 10 (or even 11) even though she said she was. There's a difference between saying she is drawn to look attractive and appealing to the audience and wanting to go that far with a ten-year-old cartoon girl. (Though many people do want to do that.)

Just like every other character in Pokemon.

"Quoted for truth." May isn't the only one. I don't hate any of the main Pokemon characters, but I just wanted to say that.

Satoshi

リーリエの為に戦ってるトレーナー
She's a nice character (although some of her male fanbase annoys the crap out of me. I mean, if you want to eat out a 10 year old girl, then you know something's wrong...), but she is a tad overrated, at least, coming from her male fanbase. I know alot of Haruka fans aren't like that, but that's what I see alot of and it technically makes me sick.

Last edited:

Jo-Jo

blows stuff uhup
For the same reason fans of any character jump on haters of that character :0
:( I don't jump on Drew-, Harley- or Team Rocket-haters... I think...

IMO everyone ought to let others dislike their favourite characters and only step in if bashing is involved.

She's not a bad character, but she is overrated. Her fans behave like she's the Goddess and Saviour of the anime.
I agree, I like May but she is treated as if she's the godess of the world or something. I used to love her but her fanbase toned down my love for her.
So, yah, she is overrated.
Dudes, how many threads are out there like these for a website who supposedly consist of more May fans then Misty fans there sure are a lot of May hater threads or Misty VS May threads.
I wish someone would put a band on these threads.

Mse Ownage

Ur Going Down!
nah she is not overrated but not low rated to anyway..shes not so bad,,,XD

Liam-Kun

My precious!
no, I don't think zo

dannyphantomhott

Ash fan girl! Cute!
I agree, I like May but she is treated as if she's the godess of the world or something. I used to love her but her fanbase toned down my love for her.
So, yah, she is overrated.
Dudes, how many threads are out there like these for a website who supposedly consist of more May fans then Misty fans there sure are a lot of May hater threads or Misty VS May threads.
I wish someone would put a band on these threads.

Yes, people who understand me. I like May as well, she used to be one of my favoites but her male fan base rubbed me the wrong way. Some can indeed be ok, but they act like she's the whole show when that's not true but I do respect there opinion. And yes people should respect those people who dislike certian characters, I mean syre I hate it when people bash Ash but I don't give them a long summary reason to not to =/

Blue_Lightning8

Moon Prism Power!
When Hikari starts acting like a heroine and gets praise from the fandom, people will bash her and call her overrated too. They'll start calling her a "glory hog" for overtaking Ash's role against the villains and so forth.

At least May won't be bashed as much since the Super Contests won't be as shocking as defeating legendaries/Team Galaxy.

Cybercubed is like the only person who gets it. Plus, i like her because the rivalry she has with Drew is not much like with Ash and his. I was going going to say something else but i forgot so nvm. Yeah cybercubed gets it

intergalactic platypus

Only rescues maidens
I think she's terrifiically overrated. She's a cardboard cutout; I find her personality to be extremely dull. She also has tons of cheap battles a la Super Skitty and 00ber Squirtle. She's like the Mary Sue of the Pokemon anime. I wouldnt' dislike her NEARLY as much if people didn't act like she's the only good thing about the anime and she totally overtakes any anime character

Juputoru

M-m-m-m-onobear?!
She's overrated...as is Ash...and Misty...and early Kanto...and in some cases TR...and rarely Brock...and seeing main charas catch new Pokemon and evolve old ones...and seeing old characters come back, including Pokemon...

Remember kiddies, anything people like that you don't is OVERRATED! That's a fact!

But yeah, she is overrated. I still like her character, but it's overrated nontheless. Mostly due to a select few people(same goes for Misty, really. *glances at Cybercubed and Jo-Jo, respectively*).

Captain

*CLICK HERE FOR FUN*
Yeah but only a little. I mean she is a main character, but Misty isn't as hyped as her.

darza77

Banned
yes mainly because theres no way in hell a squirtle and combusken should beat a absol and flygon

RiverStone

A Trainer of Shadows
Ehh, she acts like she's 2 instead of 10, new personality, then i'd like her better...

CyberCubed

Yeah, ok!
yes mainly because theres no way in hell a squirtle and combusken should beat a absol and flygon

This isn't the games.

Also say hello to Ash and every other character in the anime, because they all do the same exact thing.

Ehh, she acts like she's 2 instead of 10, new personality, then i'd like her better...

Uh, May acts more like a 14 year old than 10. Her entire character is teen-oriented, especially all the shoujo elements in her Contests.

If May never said her age in early AG, most people would assume she's around 14 because that's how she looks and acts.