• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Is mew that ugly?

pokefan90

<<Evil???
Why do you think they make that cute pink little pokemon so damn U-U-U-UGLY in the sprites of pokemon games? I will put the sprites in in a little bit if noone else will out fear of going blind from its ugliness. IF you don't mind then the pics will be here shortly so close your eyes or go to another thread.

Never mind the pics,
here is the link for RBYGSC

Here he is for RSEFRLG

Here he is for D/P

IMO he's not that ugly in Crystal nor Emereld, but in the rest...(hurls out the 16 thermal nuclear hot wings, only recomended for people with guevos)

Last edited:
the green version is hilarious

I think the R/S sprite was alright, but the DP one is once again ugly.

I think its just that they cant get their heads round drawing a normal mew

they have to instead put it in twisted wierd poses or else we'll complain that they didnt try

much like Silver's sprites in fact

Aaron_fan

The Green version sprite is hideous, but somehow extremely retarded and funny. The Red/Blue sprite is...pretty generic. It's "eh" for me. The Yellow sprite is also "eh". The Gold and Silver version ones are a bit of an improvement, and I like the Crystal one. The Ruby/Sapphire/FireRed/LeafGreen Mew sprites are pretty good, but the Emerald one looks too choppy. Diamond/Pearl Mew sprite is bad-looking - the head looks deformed.

Fin.

pokefan90

<<Evil???
the green version is hilarious

I think the R/S sprite was alright, but the DP one is once again ugly.

I think its just that they cant get their heads round drawing a normal mew

they have to instead put it in twisted wierd poses or else we'll complain that they didnt try

much like Silver's sprites in fact

Green version mew scared the crap out of me when I saw it for the first time. now it makes me laugh for hours LOLZ!!!

IMO they did tryed too hard to make pokemon look cool when they lack space
for silver.

Spriteman

Sometimes a bit rude
I don't see a problem with them, apart from the green one (which is hideous).

And you have to remember that the games weren't as powerful as they are now (for past gens), and the RSEFRLG sprites are fine, stop complaining.

And the silver one is the best in that gen, I can't belive you guys think it sucks :p

Polursine

Leave my posts alone
^ Motion seconded!

The R/S/E Mew looks better than the Fr/Lg due to the tail being long. It's cute none the less, just a long tail makes it look...more like a rodent.

Mew got cuter as the generations went on, I think. Except for D/P. Looks like its trying to turn into Mewtwo...

Vycksta

Of course Mew was "ugly" back in the days of old... the graphics back then were not as sharp and detailed as they are now.

pokefan90

<<Evil???
Thats no excuse Vycksta, look at the mewtwo sprite for red/blue with it's awsome apelike intimidating pose. HERE is the page.

Vycksta

pokefan90 said:
Thats no excuse Vycksta, look at the mewtwo sprite for red/blue with it's awsome apelike intimidating pose. HERE is the page.
Yes it is... and i'm not the only person who thinks so. Oh em gee.

All graphics are going to be better in D/P then they are on the older games because of detail. 8 bit against 32 bit. No contest. *eye roll*

pokefan90

<<Evil???
I think greenman might be right!

Well, I'm off to a party later!!! keep potsing!!!

Don't get me wrong PPLZ, I LUV MEW, not his sprites though.

char char

Professional Shut-In
in the green she looks ugly but the others she is cute ;151;********;250;

mew used psychic! ho oh was defeated mew gained 459 exp. points

Aptenodytes

I acually like all of Mew's sprites except the Green one. I think the older ones make Mew look more "ancient" if you know what I mean.

Grasswhistler

stopthesealhunt.ca
I think they're fine except for the Green version, but that's the fun of the green version avatars - they're hilariously bad and I would never change them. Diamond Pearl Mew is my favourite.

*Jean Grey*

Night Triumphant
Mew's green sprite is hideous, It looks like an undeveloped thingy. I like his overworlds better. ;151;