• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Is Mewtwo still the strongest Pokemon in anime?

ChampioN One

The chosen One!
Yes.

BobbbidyBob

According to anime logic, any Pokémon can be defeated with the right strategy and emotional manipulation....but....I would say the strongest pokemon would be Giovanni

Leonhart

Imagineer
I'm not sure how we could judge who is the single strongest Pokemon in the anime given how inconsistent the anime is when it comes to portraying strength. Mewtwo is arguably a top tier battler, but I figure that for the sake of lore, Arceus is probably stronger.

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
I would think that the tiers for strongest Pokémon would look something like this:

Arceus (Full Power) > Dialga, Palkia, And Giratina (They all can warp reality with ease)> Mewtwo>Deoxys (At full power)>Yveltal>Zygarde Complete

Leonhart

Imagineer
What about Lugia, Ho-oh, or trio legendaries?

Or Arcanine, and giant Dragonite?
Most Legendary Pokemon are only slightly above average compared to non-Legendaries, and I can't think of any that were portrayed as being as strong as Mewtwo [I'm not counting Mythicals in this case]. And Windie as a species aren't anything extraordinary, so I'm not sure why it would even be considered among the strongest Pokemon when we've seen many of them lose in mundane ways. As for the giant Kairyu, it never had a proper battle, but given its size we can estimate that it was stronger than regular Kairyu, although that's about it.

BobbbidyBob

Maybe what could make Mewtwo the strongest is his intelligence and planning skills?

ash&charizardfan

Humans are tools
I would think that the tiers for strongest Pokémon would look something like this:

Arceus (Full Power) > Dialga, Palkia, And Giratina (They all can warp reality with ease)> Mewtwo>Deoxys (At full power)>Yveltal>Zygarde Complete

Arceus is no longer the strongest pokemon now, that title now belongs to eternatus.

Applecorp

Arceus is no longer the strongest pokemon now, that title now belongs to eternatus.

In the show? Because isn't Arceus a god in the anime or at least the closest thing to one? Minus that time when its plates got stolen and it almost died in some wet cement lol. Did Eternatus do something impressive in its debut episodes that I'm forgetting?

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
In the show? Because isn't Arceus a god in the anime or at least the closest thing to one? Minus that time when its plates got stolen and it almost died in some wet cement lol. Did Eternatus do something impressive in its debut episodes that I'm forgetting?
I am guessing Eternatus was considered to be stronger only because of how it was the Darkest Day. I think Arceus would be stronger since it is a deity in the Pokémon world and it could shift types to not only become immune to both of Eternatus’ types and also it’s weaknesses with ease and then strike with Judgment.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Maybe what could make Mewtwo the strongest is his intelligence and planning skills?
Mewtwo does seem to have incredible intellect compared to most other Legendaries. That combination of intelligence and power is what made Mewtwo so much of a threat in the first movie, as evidenced by the fact that nobody in that movie could even touch Mewtwo until Mew arrived.

WalesNote

1. Arceus
2. Dialga / Palkia / Giratina
3. Eternamax Eternatus / Ultra Necrozma / Zygarde 100% / Mega Rayquaza / Primal Groudon / Primal Kyogre
4. Eternatus / Groudon / Kyogre / Rayquaza
5. Mewtwo
5. Lugia / Ho-oh / White or Black Kyurem
6. Reshiram / Zekrom / Kyurem / Solgaleo / Lunala / Regigigas / Xerneas / Yveltal / Zygarde / Deoxys
7. Mew / Darkrai / Cresselia / Shaymin sky mode / Jirachi / Genesect / Necrozma / Zarude / Urshifu
8. Bird trio / Beast trio / Eon duo / Goldem trio / Regidraco / Regieleki / The Unova sword trio or whatever they are called / The genie trio

I don't know. It's hard knowing how to rank them all in terms of power and their abilities