• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Is Mijumaru getting a lot screen time a good thing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

streetlightdsb

Uni hiatus
First of all if you compare gym battles, Totodile was used more often than Cyndaquil.

Cyndaquil:
Bugsy
Whitney
Morty
Jasmine
Pryce

Totodile:
Whitney

Don't know where you're getting that idea from :S

Aquadon

TCG Trainer
There is plenty of time for Mamepato,Oshawott,Tepig,and Snivy to all get stronger,besides this team is much better handled then the Sinnoh and Hoenn teams ever was.

After 13 episodes? That's a pretty bold statement, given that most of the team hasn't even been on for 10 episodes, and definitely not over 100 episodes.

I like Mijumaru, and he does have the second most wins out of anyone on the team, but that's 2 wins (You could say third if you count all of Snivy's wins over Ash's Pokemon). He beat out Yanappu and Kokomori (and Kokomori was before Ash caught it). Other than that, he's lost out to Snivy, Hatooboo, Darumakka, and Chillarmy. Easy to say that Ash's team has a fair amount of make-up work to do if they want to be considered powerhouses as opposed to comic relief (although Miju has been fitting the bill pretty well out of any of his team)

Waterpokes

I honestly don't mind it. At first, I thought it would hog the screentime like a mad man, but now, I find it sort of adorable in a way. I mean, it's not even near Squirtle, who will always be first, unless it evolves, but I honestly like Oshawott.

Oshawott compared to Snivy and Tepig are okey, but compared to Mamepato? Mamepato defiantly needs more time to shine, that's for sure.

Tavoc

Please call me Tad!
I'm actually perfectly fine with it. Mijumaru is definitly my favorite out of the starters, so I'm glad to see him out and about. The only problem is poor Pokabu and Mamepato. Despite the fact i dont like either of them. >_o;

To be honest, Mamepato not getting screentime is quite normal for first stage birds. It's not until they evolve that they should get more screentime. And actually, it seems to have done the most out of all the first stage birds before their evo. And with the bug gym coming up after Aloe, I think it'll be fine.

Same with Tepig. It's being used against Aloe and has a clear advantage the next gym.

So Oshawott's appearances here and there aren't as bad towards the other pokemon as some make it out to be.

SSJ SVEN

<-- Zapdos FTW!
I don't mind that Oshawott is getting so much attention. Like everyone already said, the others will get plenty screentime.
Mamepato needs more attention, but I think it will get a major role against the bug gymleader.

johno1995

I don't mind it, it seems like Oshawott isn't appearing as much as it did in the beginning of the season. I think Mamepato will be the "star" of the Arti gym battle, and get his time to shine there (probably will get more screentime once it evolves, as usual with the birds).

I think Tepig is one I'm a bit more worried about. I have a feeling it might get shafted for a while, but I honestly think it's for the better since Infernape got most of the attention last season and I'd like to spend more time developing the Grass and Water starters more, and it seems they're going in that direction, at least by the looks of it right now.

TheNewGuy

Chimchar got plenty of screentime and that didn't stop it from evolving.

True, but Chimchar was never played up as "cute", and I think Oshawott is being played up to be this "cute" Pokemon with hidden power. It's honestly a toss-up whether it evolves or not - it could follow the evolution of its design. That is, being a weak-looking thing to start with before evolving into a powerful and brave Daikenki. Similarly it could stay as some kind of "underdog mascot" for Ash, if that popping out of Pokeball thing keeps carrying on.

Seems to me like they've dedicated a lot of time to establishing its personality, which could mean either character development OR it'll be comic relief in the long run. I just think the more the writers push it as cute comic relief, the less likely it is to evolve.

True, but Chimchar was never played up as "cute", and I think Oshawott is being played up to be this "cute" Pokemon with hidden power. It's honestly a toss-up whether it evolves or not - it could follow the evolution of its design. That is, being a weak-looking thing to start with before evolving into a powerful and brave Daikenki. Similarly it could stay as some kind of "underdog mascot" for Ash, if that popping out of Pokeball thing keeps carrying on.

Seems to me like they've dedicated a lot of time to establishing its personality, which could mean either character development OR it'll be comic relief in the long run. I just think the more the writers push it as cute comic relief, the less likely it is to evolve.

Well usually in the beginning of the series, the starters are more marketable at their base stages and with Oshawott's cuteness, they probably want to show that as much as they can before possible evolution. I mean Ash isn't like Dawn or May. He shouldn't have a cute pokemon by the league. Sure Ash has had unevolved pokemon before but think about, Buizel was already a fighter pokemon from the get-go. Corphish and Gible have that comic relief status but it's the type of comic relief that works with being strong. Oshawott's comic relief at this point is just being cute, funny, and failing.

So while Oshawott is being promoted as a cute pokemon right now, at least for Ash, that should change once the series really gets going and all the characters and plot get more developed. Again, unlike Corphish and Gible and Buizel, it's whole personality/cuteness can only go so far that it should change as the series develops. The show has lasted without that cute starter before and has shown it doesn't need one (i.e. AG). Let the writers flesh out Oshawott's cuteness during the beginning, but hopefully they'll recognize when to switch things up and develop Oshawott even further (through evolution obviously) as BW goes on.

Caseydia

Ace Trainer
Mijumaru getting a lot of screen time is a good thing only if the Pokemon is of some effort. If this keeps up I'm thinking it might pull a Torterra on us and end up losing matches all the way through the sixth gym. This cute and clumziness faze thing will get old and annoying fast so if it does evolve I hope it's manner of battling changes.

Shneak

this is a Nessa x Sonia stan account ✨
I don't mind it. He's the comedy relief character now, and he's not annoying like Piplup was.

Probably because Piplup was in every episode.

might

Banned
Chill92,You are wrong and one starter evolving snf the rest of the team not being fully evolve does not make a team the worst which is non sense of your's,Cyndaquil and Totodile did shine in Johto wether you like it are not,Phanpy had good focus in the late part of Johto and the Johto League,before coming back on Ash team during the BF saga and evolving,you are wrong about the Kanto team aswell,they were a strong powerhouse team and Charizard was a badass powerhouse compare to a weakling like Infernape who need to be train somemore.

RanBoo,I hope Ash6K prediction won't happen at all and his logic fails big time about Oshawott evolving,Oshawott is not being set up to evolve either and he isn't weak,there is still time for Oshawott to become stronger and there isn't anything wrong with Ash having cute pokemon since he don't have to be May are Dawn to have cute pokemon,Ash6k wrong again.

Some fans need to stop comparing Oshawott to that stupid annoying Piplup since they are both two different pokemon,Oshawott is a Unova region starter that isn't even related to Piplup.

Last edited:

Aquadon

TCG Trainer
you are wrong about the Kanto team aswell,they were a strong powerhouse team and Charizard was a badass powerhouse compare to a weakling like Infernape who need to be train somemore.
Weird, I'd think that beating a major Gym Leader (or 3 and a half) and 3 powerhouses against his Rival would classify Infernape as strong. Wasn't that all the Chimchar arc was about?

Some fans need to stop comparing Oshawott to that stupid annoying Piplup since they are both two different pokemon,Oshawott is a Unova region starter that isn't even related to Piplup.
Actually, there are some ground when it comes to their personality. They both do happen to pop in and attempt to do well, and currently Mijumaru has been beaten a few times (including against a PotD; the only Pokemon to lose to one in BW). Piplup also attempted to shine and wound up on it's face. There's definitely time for Mijumaru to rock out, but for now he does have a little ways to go.

Krizor

Evil Genius
I don't mind the amount of screentime Oshawott is getting since I like it and it's the only thing providing any sort of comedy since TR has abandoned their old ways.

Chill92

Chill92,You are wrong and one starter evolving snf the rest of the team not being fully evolve does not make a team the worst which is non sense of your's,Cyndaquil and Totodile did shine in Johto wether you like it are not,Phanpy had good focus in the late part of Johto and the Johto League,before coming back on Ash team during the BF saga and evolving,you are wrong about the Kanto team aswell,they were a strong powerhouse team and Charizard was a badass powerhouse compare to a weakling like Infernape who need to be train somemore.

WHEN THE HELL DID I EVER SAY THAT THE KANTO TEAM WASN'T A STRONG POWERHOUSE TEAM? You must be blind or something, I was comparing on who got the most focus in that team not if that team was epic or not. You are acting as if I hated the damn team, which I don't.
Since the creator wondered if Miju was getting too much screen time, I analysed old teams to make a statement. And no Miju isn't getting too much. Also the johto starters didn't IMO get equal screen time for reasons I have explained. That team didn't look professional looking even with Cyndaquil and the rest shining.

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
WHEN THE HELL DID I EVER SAY THAT THE KANTO TEAM WASN'T A STRONG POWERHOUSE TEAM? You must be blind or something, I was comparing on who got the most focus in that team not if that team was epic or not. You are acting as if I hated the damn team, which I don't.
Since the creator wondered if Miju was getting too much screen time, I analysed old teams to make a statement. And no Miju isn't getting too much. Also the johto starters didn't IMO get equal screen time for reasons I have explained. That team didn't look professional looking even with Cyndaquil and the rest shining.

Don't worry about him too much ;)

He's a repeat offender that likes to flame at everybody who only critiques a little bit of the Johto region. You can easily recognize him though, and I wondered when this reincarnation of him got caught. Points of recognition are:

1. Username is short, one word, without any capitals: hack, hate, tpl9, etc
2. Sticks up for the Johto crew without using any logic.
3. Poor, poor grammar.
4. Resorts to name calling quite often and quick. He's even threatened the lives of certain posters...
5. Writes the verb 'To know' as 'To No', even when you tell him he's wrong...

streetlightdsb

Uni hiatus
Don't worry about him too much ;)

He's a repeat offender that likes to flame at everybody who only critiques a little bit of the Johto region. You can easily recognize him though, and I wondered when this reincarnation of him got caught. Points of recognition are:

1. Username is short, one word, without any capitals: hack, hate, tpl9, etc
2. Sticks up for the Johto crew without using any logic.
3. Poor, poor grammar.
4. Resorts to name calling quite often and quick. He's even threatened the lives of certain posters...
5. Writes the verb 'To know' as 'To No', even when you tell him he's wrong...

Adding to that- his favourite quote (often paraphrased):
*insert name here* you are wrong and not right at all because *incoherant babbling*

;)

phantasystar69

I am hoping that the cute act eventually turns into him being strong. I still liked gliscor being silly, but he also was a very strong battler. Just being a comic relief in battle and doing terrible is not what I am hoping for, especially with ash getting a baby pokemon from the egg

Status
Not open for further replies.