• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Is my Pokemon Green Leaf a fake?

Joselox

Hello,

I have been reading and gathering a lot of info throughout the internet to know if my pokemon Leaf Green is fake or not with no success. There is so much misinformation that makes it impossible to know for sure.

I was wondering if people could post their original cartridges information so I can contrast it with mine.

The info I need is the following:

1- Cartridge color is green and non-see though (label is kind of holographic).
2- Near the pins it says "© 2001 Nintendo AGB-E02-20" (the Nintendo logo is not surrounded by an oval)
3- On the front label is has the "seal of Quality" (which I believe belongs to the FR and LG versions) and it says "AGB-BPGP-EUR" (for USA I believe it is AGB-BPGE-USA"). On top of this code there is like a stamp with "19A".
4- On the back: First line: "Nintendo" (with an oval), below, "MODEL NO. AGB-002" and below that, "PAT. PEND. MADE IN JAPAN"
5- My Leaf Green doesn't show any weird "save file message"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dn3ckX97BR8

If anyone reading this has a 100% original cartridge, the info would be much appreciated since I am out of options on the internet.

Regards,

Jose;094;

Last edited:

LimeSoda

I'll try my best, but I bought mine used from gamestop a long time ago so they plastered price stickers and one on the back so I cant see everything.

It will actually just be easier if I tell you the differences from your video:

In the bottom right hand corner on the front of mine there is the ESRB rating E. Immediately to the right of that is The Pokemon Company [instead of your top right]
Under the Pokemon company is the Nintendo logo in a red bubble. Mine is a tiny bit to the left of yours, to line it up none of the logo should be under the word "version".
My offical seal of Nintendo is on the completely other side of the cartridge; the right side. It also looks a lot different. Yours is a perfect circle almost, mine is an oval. There is also less text on my seal, 3 lines. It says Official, then under it, Nintendo (logo), then under it Seal. That is it. Yours has more text. Lastly, the product number or whatever it is says is AGB-BPGE-USA. This is in the bottom right hand corner on the front.

I can't look at the back as it's all covered, but I really have no idea. If yours was from a different country then it could be different. Mine is an American version.

hope I helped

Owl

G-Rank Hunter
It may be because your cart is from EUR instead of our NA copies, but the whole layout of the sticker and colour of the cart is wrong. Also, the rusted/corroded screw on the back of the cart doesn't seem right either.

ShinyUmbreon189

RealTalkRealFlow
Idk man, legit copies are hard to find now. I wouldn't trust Ebay because it may be a bootleg version. But something just doesn't seem right. Play up til you get to the Elite Four. If its a fake, the game will corrupt after you beat the Elite Four.

Roseheart95

El Psy Congroo
I have a French version of the game which is legit, and it looks exactly the same as yours, save for the fact that it says AGB-BPGF-FRA, so I don't know if the EUR bit means it came from England or if they don't get so specific outside bigger countries such as France (I know in countries like Belgium and Holland they just sell copies in English, and they may use the EUR code for generic English copies to be sold in Europe). So I'm pretty sure yours is legit, and that the American version must look different. Mine is pretty much identical to yours, and was bought (I'm pretty sure) in a French supermarket.

stylesbk

@stylesbk
I bought LG/FR, Ruby, and Merald all on Amazon and they all were the real deal. I'd suggest ppurchasing from there.

BCVM22

I'd suggest ppurchasing from there.

That would be ill-advised, at best, given that Amazon's user-supported marketplace is basically giving your money to strangers and hoping they have a legitimate product to sell to you, with limited to no recourse for getting your money back when that's not the case. It's no safer than buying something off eBay, itself ill-advised with this manner of product.

Incredibly prolific at one time, still moderate demand on the secondary market and exceedingly easy to counterfeit and pass off as legitimate all add up to "just don't". It's not worth the risk.

Champion Cynthia108

Sinnoh's Champion
It seems like a fake to me.

As they said above, playing until you beat the Elite Four and seeing if it corrupts is the best way to see.

I wish you good luck, and hope it isn't fake.

LimeSoda

That would be ill-advised, at best, given that Amazon's user-supported marketplace is basically giving your money to strangers and hoping they have a legitimate product to sell to you, with limited to no recourse for getting your money back when that's not the case. It's no safer than buying something off eBay, itself ill-advised with this manner of product.

Incredibly prolific at one time, still moderate demand on the secondary market and exceedingly easy to counterfeit and pass off as legitimate all add up to "just don't". It's not worth the risk.

Just buy from a reliable seller. I just got Fire Red off Amazon and it's real.

BCVM22

You were lucky and/or knew what to look for enough to minimize your risk.

The confluence of factors I list still make the risk outweigh the reward. A well-rated seller can sell you a counterfeit product as easily as a poorly-rated one can if he or she doesn't know what they're selling and how to inspect it.