• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

"Is my pokemon hacked?" (A Hack-Check Thread)

• Thread starter Deleted member 11515
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

God Realm

Mobile post.

In my room and was on the GTS. I got a:
Shiny Shaymin
Nickname: H1N1 (LOL)
OT: Blue Japanese
Pokedex: Red 492
ID: 44444
Level: 100
Obtained: Through GTS/Pokemon Event
Date: Jan 1st, '09
Apparently had a fateful encounter at Lv. 1
Has a red star next to it in sprite summary
Highly curious. Happily eats anything.
Quirky nature.
Holding: Toxic Orb
Moveset: Toxic
Other: Has Pokerus. HP is 310. All stats are 205. Seems damn hacked to me.

SilverJirachi

Dragon Trainer
Mobile post.

Shiny Shaymin
Quirky nature.

Oh my... Your right. It does seem hacked. First of all, it can't be saw at Lv.1 since that indicates a egg hatch which is impossible with Shaymin. It also can't been seen at that date either. Does it have any other moves besides toxic?

Disfunction51

Don't know if this should go here but anyway I hatched a houndour and an elekid (my eggs) in jubilife city and they came out saying they were caught in Jubilife. Is it a glitch or what?(Hatching eggs has worked normal since then but it's still weird)

Dragon Rules

No longer trading.
Mobile post.

Shiny Shaymin
Quirky nature.

100% hacked. There's no shaymin that's "Apparently had a fateful encounter at Lv. 1".

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
The ID number is also way too suspicious.
And it is a bad joke regarding the new H1N1 flu, since Shaymin is a hedgehog, not a pig.
Grumpig would be more suitable for that.....

I recently obtained a female Jolteon in GTS.

Jolteon
OT is in Japan
Nickname is in Japan as well
ID : 41260
Exp. Points : 65011
To Next Level : 3910 (exp bar slightly filled)
Moves : Pin Missile, Quick Attack, Double Kick, Thundershock
IV & EV unsure
Current stats:

HP 109
Attack 66
Defense 47
Sp. Atk 102
Sp. Def 83
Speed 110

no ribbon
Is in Master Ball (probably just a case of wrong ball thrown?)

Mild Nature
Oct. 12 2007
Trophy Garden
Apparently met at
Lv. 18
A little quick tempered.
Likes dry food.

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
if a jirachi is met at lv1 at some route its hacked right?

Yes, it is hacked. All Jirachi are at least level 5. Most of them, apart from Colloseum bonus disc Jirachi, are from events, so it is impossible to be "met at route x".
And I'm sure the Collo disc Jirachi does not "met at route x".

siddarth95

well i got my monferno at lv.33 from the gts a few days ago and i noticed that it aldready had close combat which it is supposed to learn at lv.41 or so . So i wanted to know if it learnd the attach through breeding or was it hacked.

wichu

Wrong; Chimchar can't learn Close Combat, and therefore can't inherit it. However, Monferno learns it at level 36; if you leveled it up after getting it, it might have learned Close Combat without you noticing.

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
If he got it at lv 33 with it already learned Close Combat, I suspect it's a hack.

Daimona

Hero of Truth
Hi I got a question which is probably stupid, but I'm just looking for a quick answer...

I just got a shaymin from the GTS and everything looked good except for the name and OT... a flower paradise shaymin must have a japanese name right? Because the Oak's letter event has only been for the japanese platinum right? (Wasn't sure.)

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
Hi I got a question which is probably stupid, but I'm just looking for a quick answer...

I just got a shaymin from the GTS and everything looked good except for the name and OT... a flower paradise shaymin must have a japanese name right? Because the Oak's letter event has only been for the japanese platinum right? (Wasn't sure.)

Not really. You can use Latin characters instead of Japanese characters for trainer name & Pokemon name in Japanese Pokemon games.
However it can't be more than 5 letters.

And iirc, there's also the Flower Paradise Shaymin obtained via the tweaking glitch on English version of D/P....

Daimona

Hero of Truth
Yeah ok, the OT actually has only five letters, but it's named "SHAYMIN", that's seven...
So that leaves only the glitch then?

siddarth95

Wrong; Chimchar can't learn Close Combat, and therefore can't inherit it. However, Monferno learns it at level 36; if you leveled it up after getting it, it might have learned Close Combat without you noticing.

well yes but it had the move as soon as i got it from the gts that was lv.33 and secondly it says met at lv5. meanin it wasn't hatched[just noticed the fact]

pokefreak in qatar93

um I just got a mew from the GTS and I wanna know if it's legit or not so ,
name : mew
ot: somrthing in japanese
ot gender: pink
id: 50716
pokeball: normal pokeball
has pokerus
nature: gentle
arrived at lvl 100 from hoenn
often dozes off
but something starng the date says'' jun.15 2009'' ?!
i checked serebii and the ID matches the ID of the movie mew ...can someone hack the ID if no then is it legit????

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
Yeah ok, the OT actually has only five letters, but it's named "SHAYMIN", that's seven...
So that leaves only the glitch then?

Hmm, I'm not sure then. If a Japanese Pokemon with Japanese nickname evolved in an English game, its nickname will become English, but since it is Shaymin....

Anyway, are you sure its the nickname that's written as SHAYMIN? Probably putting all its data (like what I did above with my Jolteon) would help.

Also, it is possible to be a Flower Paradise Shaymin obtained via tweaking (or hacking the Oak's Letter, but capture the Shaymin fair and square) in english version of D/P, and we can use only 5 letters as our name in english version if we want to, despite being able to use more (in fact, my character's name in my Pearl is SHINE, that's 5 letters).

Daimona

Hero of Truth
Hmm, I'm not sure then. If a Japanese Pokemon with Japanese nickname evolved in an English game, its nickname will become English, but since it is Shaymin....

Anyway, are you sure its the nickname that's written as SHAYMIN? Probably putting all its data (like what I did above with my Jolteon) would help.

Also, it is possible to be a Flower Paradise Shaymin obtained via tweaking (or hacking the Oak's Letter, but capture the Shaymin fair and square) in english version of D/P, and we can use only 5 letters as our name in english version if we want to, despite being able to use more (in fact, my character's name in my Pearl is SHINE, that's 5 letters).

Allright here's the data on the Shaymin:

Name: SHAYMIN/SHAYMIN

OT: Abdul
ID:28750

(Modest,scatters things often.)

Date: 16 apr. 2009
Apparently had a fateful encounter at lv.30, Flower Paradise.

Stats: 108/59/72/72/65/71.
Moves: Growth, magical leaf, leech seed, synthesis.

Caught in quickball, no sheen, no ribbons.

So, I don't know if it's nicknamed or not, but if it's indeed from a japanese game it couldn't be right (too long)? And then it's either a hack or from the glitch, but the move growth can't be obtained in D/P only Plat. So if there's no glitch in platinum then it seems like it's a hack (allthough you could tranfer it to platinum and then teach it growth...but it seems unlikely).

I don't know but it seems suspicious...

Last edited:

God Realm

Got a MYSTRY Mew, is it legit?

Nature: Naive
Level: 35
Characteristics: Thoroughly cunning. Likes sweet food.
OT: MYSTRY (red)
ID #: 06930
Moveset: Transform, Mega Punch, Metronome, -
Stats: HP: 123/80, 81, 81, 72, 82
Date: April 13th, 2009
Other: Other Elite Four Ribbon
Ball: Pokeball

Status
Not open for further replies.