• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

"Is my pokemon hacked?" (A Hack-Check Thread)

• Thread starter Deleted member 11515
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

SkittyOnWailord

☣ⓈⓀⒾⓉⓉⓎⓄⓃⓌⒶⒾⓁⓄⓇⒹ☣
i have a mystry mew please tell me if its hacked:
mew
mystry (its in red?) my friend has one wats in blue)
id:06930 the id is normal
caught in pokeball

From the info you gave, it looks legit. More info on it would be needed to be sure.

elias_jnr

umm its level 10 arrived from hoen.

EpicSeraph

seen regice lately?
is this event pokemon hacked?

ive been told its from a japanese version of pokemon ranch.

the names in japanese (still dont know how to write in foreign languages here)
OT: in japanese
ID:01000

its still ut, with the original moveset at level 45. however its says its been met at level 22. comes form lovely place.

SkittyOnWailord

☣ⓈⓀⒾⓉⓉⓎⓄⓃⓌⒶⒾⓁⓄⓇⒹ☣
umm its level 10 arrived from hoen.

Stats are needed.

its still ut, with the original moveset at level 45. however its says its been met at level 22. comes form lovely place.

Well telling us what Pokemon it is would help.

EpicSeraph

seen regice lately?

whoops......erm lol. its a shroomish (male too if it helps)

whoops......erm lol. its a shroomish (male too if it helps)

Yes, that looks like a Yukari Shroomish(from Japanese Pokémon Ranch).

Hayley/Yukari's trades
On the linked page, scroll down a bit and you will find the details of that Shroomish. Do they match the one you have?
You can also see their Japanese OT near the top of that page, so you can compare it to the one on your Pokémon.

EpicSeraph

seen regice lately?
Yes, that looks like a Yukari Shroomish(from Japanese Pokémon Ranch).

Hayley/Yukari's trades
On the linked page, scroll down a bit and you will find the details of that Shroomish. Do they match the one you have?
You can also see their Japanese OT near the top of that page, so you can compare it to the one on your Pokémon.

ok thanks. mine legitimate then. matching date and poke ball too. i was looking for the japanese OT everywhere, guess Ive found it lol

What's so wrong about hacked pokemon anyway?
Edit: I also don't feel like making new thread for such a simple question so I'll ask it here (it won't hurt would it lol). What's Quagsire weak against? Or you could just tell me it's type.

i dont really know. ive owned some hacked pokemon, and they never screwed my game over, but ive heard others complain that it does. most people dont like it if you use them competitively, because it means you might have an unfair advantage if your pokemon have like 999 hp or something.

quagsire is water/ground, so it's only weak against grass

Last edited by a moderator:

Best111

i dont really know. ive owned some hacked pokemon, and they never screwed my game over, but ive heard others complain that it does. most people dont like it if you use them competitively, because it means you might have an unfair advantage if your pokemon have like 999 hp or something.
That kind of hack is obvious, but it shouldn't harm your game if you got it through a trade online. I'm kind of talking about the hacking this thread seems to hate, and that is hacking just to get the pokemon. Isn't that the same thing as catching it in a pokeball (it should still grow as normal should it?) but you didn't actually catch it in a pokeball?
quagsire is water/ground, so it's only weak against grass
Thanks. I've been hitting it with everything but grass XD

Last edited:

Mega Weavile

That kind of hack is obvious, but it shouldn't harm your game if you got it through a trade online. I'm kind of talking about the hacking this thread seems to hate, and that is hacking just to get the pokemon. Isn't that the same thing as catching it in a pokeball (it should still grow as normal should it?) but you didn't actually catch it in a pokeball?

Thanks. I've been hitting it with everything but grass XD

It will grow as normal, it won't harm your game, but you know, some people waste months trying to get that perfect breed and then some guy go and hack it in one minute and make we think taht he did all the hard work and got it. In my opinion, the problem is that it's not fair, it's cheating.

LucarioMan101

HGSS ftw!!!!!!
I think i just got a legit UT Mitsurin Celebi off the GTS but im not sure Ill give all the info i can:

Nickname:Its in japanese but i think it says celebi bc ive seen the same symbols before
OT: Again in Japanese
OT Gender: Red/Pink
Evs:Hopefully none-no exp and no ribbons and ivs suck as is
Ivs:0-9/10-14/10-19/0-9/10-19/20-29
Nature:Calm
Characteristic:Impetuous and silly.
Ability:Natural Cure
Moves:Leech Seed/Recover/Heal Bell/Safeguard
Current Level:10
Level Caught At: Arrived at Lv.10
Location Received:Arrived at Lv.10
Pokeball Caught In: Regular Pokeball

All things seem to point to legit but i want verification
Btw, how do you know if something is cloned?

LucarioMan101

HGSS ftw!!!!!!
Is it possible (however unlikely) to have a shiny legal Dialga?

Of course.....its called softresetting for a shiny people do it all the time

randomspot555

Is it possible (however unlikely) to have a shiny legal Dialga?

Well, shiny Pokemon are programmed into the game, and there are a variety of (100% legal, non hacking) ways to obtain shinies in the game.

I think i just got a legit UT Mitsurin Celebi off the GTS but im not sure Ill give all the info i can:

Nickname:Its in japanese but i think it says celebi bc ive seen the same symbols before
OT: Again in Japanese
OT Gender: Red/Pink
Evs:Hopefully none-no exp and no ribbons and ivs suck as is
Ivs:0-9/10-14/10-19/0-9/10-19/20-29
Nature:Calm
Characteristic:Impetuous and silly.
Ability:Natural Cure
Moves:Leech Seed/Recover/Heal Bell/Safeguard
Current Level:10
Level Caught At: Arrived at Lv.10
Location Received:Arrived at Lv.10
Pokeball Caught In: Regular Pokeball

The IVs are pretty random and overall not that great, which is pretty much the norm for 3rd gen Pokemon. Looks fine to me, but I'm working off memory. Look at the 3 event lists in the OP. I think the Pokecommunity list has the Japanese characters, and none of the Celebis (as is the same with ALL event Pokemon) can be nicknamed.

Btw, how do you know if something is cloned?

Unless you literally see someone with your own eyes doing it, or encounter someone else with the exact same Pokemon, you don't. That's why it's a clone, an exact replica. Both the visible data, the coding or whatever, etc...

And even if you see someone else with it, you don't know if theirs is the clone, or the original.

redpanda

Umm, I just got a Raikou off the GTS and I want to verify that it's legitimate. I think it is but I don't trust myself identifying hacked pokemon just yet unless it's very obvious.

Nickname: none(still named Raikou)
OT: SHADOW
OT Gender: blue
ID: 36987
EVs: unknown
IVs: unknown
Nature: Modest
Characteristic: Likes to run
Ability: Pressure
Moves: Spark, Reflect, Thunder, Crunch
Current Level: 69
Level Caught at: 69
Location received: Distant land
Current Stats: 223, 132, 117, 189, 163, 187
Pokeball caught in: Ultra ball
Ribbons: Champion, National, Sinnoh Champ

Any help is much appreciated!

mew..

What do you want?
well, It is possible to get a raikou from colloseum. Not sure if the colloseum has Distant land as the location(I think so though)

It has the national ribbon, which is required on shadow pokemon, which raikou was....

Since it has been touched, the iv's won't matter.

So from what I can tell, it's legit.

SkittyOnWailord

☣ⓈⓀⒾⓉⓉⓎⓄⓃⓌⒶⒾⓁⓄⓇⒹ☣
What's so wrong about hacked pokemon anyway?

Some people don't like them because certon hacked Pokemon can perminatly alter data on the game save. Though most people that hack deny this. Also the fact that using an AR on a game "flags" it so that it can be detected with the right devices.

randomspot555

Some people don't like them because certon hacked Pokemon can perminatly alter data on the game save.

It's not that other people are saying you're wrong or don't believe you. It's just that you never have told us exactly what happened to your friend(s?) and your save files over the hacked Pokemon, and what exactly the hack was and what it did. Not to mention that you're on a forum with admitted hackers, and people who have received hacks, and you're the only one who's ever experienced anything of the sort. It just seems odd that there aren't more stories like yours, and more details to yours.

Also the fact that using an AR on a game "flags" it so that it can be detected with the right devices.

That's interesting. What devices? Is this the Nintendo Rom checker you've talked about?...of course, devices implies something else can be used to, and programs that are only available to Nintendo don't do any good for the rest of us.

Last edited:

Lucazard

Spoof Man™
i think she means that once AR has been used u cant trade it over GTS coz one day my friend used it to get a mew then tried and and trade it over but it said that you cannot trade this pokemon or something like that and i think it knows that you have been using it

randomspot555

i think she means that once AR has been used u cant trade it over GTS coz one day my friend used it to get a mew then tried and and trade it over but it said that you cannot trade this pokemon or something like that and i think it knows that you have been using it

That isn't at all what she means, and that experience by itself is not due to an AR. That's just the GTS' form of hack checking (checking IVs and EV distribution). If anyone has a Pokemon meeting that criteria, regardless of them being the creator of the hack or not, it can't be traded on the GTS with that message.

Status
Not open for further replies.