• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

"Is my pokemon hacked?" (A Hack-Check Thread)

• Thread starter Deleted member 11515
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

pokedude105

Bday Charmander 2009

Name: Charmander Male
Type: Fire
OT: Tokyo (Blue)
ID Number: 07209

Nature: Naughty
Date Met: July 20, 2009
PC Tokyo
Apparently had a fateful encounter at Lv. 40

Often Dozes Off
Likes spicy food

Stats
Hp: 93
Atk: 57
Def: 49
Sp Atk: 58
Sp Def: 45
Speed: 57

Moves
Return
Hidden power
Quick Attack
Howl

Classic Ribbon: A ribbon that proclaims love for Pokemon

is this hacked?

Havocide

Collector
Bday Charmander 2009

Name: Charmander Male
Type: Fire
OT: Tokyo (Blue)
ID Number: 07209

Nature: Naughty
Date Met: July 20, 2009
PC Tokyo
Apparently had a fateful encounter at Lv. 40

Often Dozes Off
Likes spicy food

Stats
Hp: 93
Atk: 57
Def: 49
Sp Atk: 58
Sp Def: 45
Speed: 57

Moves
Return
Hidden power
Quick Attack
Howl

Classic Ribbon: A ribbon that proclaims love for Pokemon

is this hacked?

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/List_of_Nintendo_event_Pokémon_in_2009

Its fine mate.

the elite trainer

Warrior Of Darkness
Why should he have done that?

And just because it's shiny, modest and has high ivs in sp.atk does not make it hacked. It could very well be a shouthern island latias but I'm a bit unsure about the level. Isn't the level supposed to be 50 when it is from southern island?

What is the chance of that? The way I see it, if there's only s 1% (which there is a much much less chance) chance it's legit that does not mean it's legit. It means it's very likely hacked.

razor fire

What is the chance of that? The way I see it, if there's only s 1% (which there is a much much less chance) chance it's legit that does not mean it's legit. It means it's very likely hacked.

Care to explain why it is hacked? The player could simply have been really lucky.

the elite trainer

Warrior Of Darkness
Care to explain why it is hacked? The player could simply have been really lucky.

Care to explain why it is legit?

There is no way to be 100% sure about something being legit or hacked. An arceus could be caught at route 202 if there is a massive bug that no one know about, does that make every route 202 arceus legit?

razor fire

There is no way to be 100% sure about something being legit. An arceus could be caught at route 202 if there is a massive bug that no one know about, does that make every route 202 arceus legit?

That was a really bad example as there is no "massive bug" that makes arceus appear there. It is possible you know. That's why Pingouin7 asked if he could get the IVs so he could check the PID.

the elite trainer

Warrior Of Darkness
That was a really bad example as there is no "massive bug" that makes arceus appear there. It is possible you know. That's why Pingouin7 asked if he could get the IVs so he could check the PID.

I didn't say I knew, I just say there's a possibility someone could accidently trigger a bug on their game but that doesn't mean every arceus that was caught on route 202 is legit. Using the logic you used anything could be legit, defeating the purpose of this thread. We use the chance of things to figure out if they are legit or not.

razor fire

.Using the logic you used anything could be legit, defeating the purpose of this thread. We use the chance of things to figure out if they are legit or not.

What? So getting the IVs to figure out the PID is wrong?

razor fire

Uh... How has nobody noticed that it knows Water Spout?
It could simply be that the user misspelled water sport too. I'm pretty sure latias learns water sport.

Last edited:

wichu

You mean Water Sport, right? I'm still surprised that everyone managed to miss that, even if it is a misspelling.

the elite trainer

Warrior Of Darkness

razor fire

No, not saying there's a 99.9999% chance it's hacked is wrong.

How is that wrong? Asking for more info is not wrong. You can't figure out if it's hacked or not if you don't have enough info.

salmonman78

Nickname:REGICE
OT:Vulpix
OT Gender: Blue
ID:41966
EVs (if known/estimated):
IVs (if known/calculated):
Nature:Careful
Characteristic: A little quick tempered. Likes bitter food.
Ability:Clear Body
Moves: AncientPower, Amnesia, Charge Beam, Lock-On
Current Level:57
Level Caught at:57
Location received:Oreburgh Mine
Current Stats:
Attack 77
Defense 130
Sp. Atk 113
Sp.Def 270
Speed 72

Pokeball caught in: Pokeball(regular)

Got it for free and really don't want to look a gift horse in the mouth but figured it just seems a little odd. If it is doesn't look that badly hacked.

zenzai

Sweet and Delicious
Nickname:REGICE
OT:Vulpix
OT Gender: Blue
ID:41966
EVs (if known/estimated):
IVs (if known/calculated):
Nature:Careful
Characteristic: A little quick tempered. Likes bitter food.
Ability:Clear Body
Moves: AncientPower, Amnesia, Charge Beam, Lock-On
Current Level:57
Level Caught at:57
Location received:Oreburgh Mine
Current Stats:
Attack 77
Defense 130
Sp. Atk 113
Sp.Def 270
Speed 72

Pokeball caught in: Pokeball(regular)

Got it for free and really don't want to look a gift horse in the mouth but figured it just seems a little odd. If it is doesn't look that badly hacked.

Uh... I'm no master hack-checker... But the level caught at and the location received look like instant red flags even to me.

salmonman78

I know, thats why I posted here, but it works fine in a battle and looks ok I guess

the elite trainer

Warrior Of Darkness
How is that wrong? Asking for more info is not wrong. You can't figure out if it's hacked or not if you don't have enough info.

You didn't ask for more info, you said:

Looks definitely legit. :]
before you deleted your post. It did not look legit at all.

P.S. Deleting your posts doesn't help, i'm lucky I quoted it.

Last edited:

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.

There is no way to be 100% sure about something being legit or hacked. An arceus could be caught at route 202 if there is a massive bug that no one know about, does that make every route 202 arceus legit?

What are you talking about?....

There is no bug nor will there ever be a bug that makes an Arceus appear on Route 202.

There is no sure way to identify a hack? If you saw a Level 5 Arceus with Leaf Guard caught at the Pokemon League, would you assume it was legit? It would be an obvious hack. Why? Because everything is incorrect. That is how we identify hacks. By using common sense.

Last edited:

salmonman78

What are you talking about?....

There is no bug nor will there ever be a bug that makes an Arceus appear on Route 202.

*crosses fingers* please let it replace bidoof :p

sorry couldn't resist

Status
Not open for further replies.