• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

"Is my pokemon hacked?" (A Hack-Check Thread)

• Thread starter Deleted member 11515
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

SkittyOnWailord

☣ⓈⓀⒾⓉⓉⓎⓄⓃⓌⒶⒾⓁⓄⓇⒹ☣
Having a hacked Pokémon can't corrupt your game (unless it's a glitch Pokémon, such as a Bad Egg). There's no need to panic.

If you were talking to me then I was more wondering what caused it/how it happened than worrying. Thanks though.

Nini

AspiringShinyHunter~
Here's a Ho-oh I got over the GTS... it looks like a legit Ho-oh from HeartGold, but I'm not sure about its "location".. are Pokemon traded to Sinnoh from Johto supposed to say they're from "Faraway Place" or "Johto"?

Ho-oh (in Japanese)
Nickname: (japanese)
OT: (japanese)
OT Gender: blue
ID: 61905
EVs (if known/estimated): n/a
IVs (if known/calculated): 24/30/31/21/31/16
Nature: Serious
Characteristic: Capable of taking hits.
Ability: Pressure
Moves: Extrasensory, Sunny Day, Fire Blast, Sacred Fire
Current Level: 46
Level Caught at: Apparently met al Lv. 45.
Location received: Faraway Place
Current Stats: 161 HP/ 135 ATK/ 102 DEF/ 113 SP.ATK/ 160 SP.DEF/ 93 SPD
Pokeball caught in: Master Ball

Ammako

Having a hacked Pokémon can't corrupt your game (unless it's a glitch Pokémon, such as a Bad Egg). There's no need to panic.

Correct.

ROM, by definition, is "Read-Only memory".
DS carts are read-only, wich means you can only access the data stored on the cart, but you cannot write to it.

Obvious exception is the flash chip used for storing the save file.

SkittyOnWailord

☣ⓈⓀⒾⓉⓉⓎⓄⓃⓌⒶⒾⓁⓄⓇⒹ☣
Correct.

ROM, by definition, is "Read-Only memory".
DS carts are read-only, wich means you can only access the data stored on the cart, but you cannot write to it.

Obvious exception is the flash chip used for storing the save file.

Then maybe you can help me with this question; Why is it when you chose "Delete all saved data" from the main menu does it not delete all of it. While I used to think that it was a factory reset, recently I've found out that not everything is infact deleted. Some parts from the last save are left intact. Is there any way to actually factory reset a DS Pokemon game?

Shine

Psyched Up
Staff member
It's unusual for bootleg carts to get to the point where they can trade with someone since they usually stop saving after about 20-40 hours into a game

Actually, most bootleg carts nowadays can keep on going for more than 50 hours of gameplay, including having beaten the E4.

Bootlegged Hoenn cart trades Rayquaza to a legit 3rd gen cart then the legit 3rd gen cart migrates to legit 4th gen (most likely scenario)

I often do this - yet I never saw any red lines that SoW mentioned.....

chenmiester

Shiny Breeder
hey i just got a lvl 100 shiny Japanese Spiritomb off the GTS in return for a legit shiny lvl 50 Staryu that I had deposited (I bred it). I'm rather suspicious of it.

Nickname: Japanese
OT: Japanese
OT Gender: (red/pink or blue) blue
ID: 08942
EVs (if known/estimated):
IVs (if known/calculated): 24 28 18 21 3 25-26 (i just inserted its stats into an IV calc)
Nature: Brave
Characteristic: Likes to fight
Ability: Pressure
Moves: Sucker Punch, Nasty Plot, Memento, and Dark Pulse
Current Level: 100
Level Caught at: Apparently met at lvl 100 <~ wow, just noticed this, probably hacked
Location received: Route 202
Current Stats: 234 238 239 210 224 90
Pokeball caught in: Regular Pokeball

Ammako

Then maybe you can help me with this question; Why is it when you chose "Delete all saved data" from the main menu does it not delete all of it. While I used to think that it was a factory reset, recently I've found out that not everything is infact deleted. Some parts from the last save are left intact. Is there any way to actually factory reset a DS Pokemon game?

The game says "reset game to factory settings?", but in fact they only delete enough data so that the game thinks there's no save file.

dannydstk

so is there a way to return any of your old data in case of accidental reset such as a friend restarting or something?

KKInu

recieved in a trade.

Nickname:ARCEUS
OT: TRU
OT Gender:none
ID:11079
EVs (if known/estimated):no idea
IVs (if known/calculated):no idea
Nature: relaxed
Characteristic:likes to thrash about
Ability: Multitype
Moves: Judgment, Roar of Time, Spacial Rend, Shadow Force
Current Level:100
Level Caught at:"Apparently had a fateful encounter at lv. 100"
Location received: none
Current Stats: Attack 276, Defense 301, Sp. Attack 274, Sp. Defense 256, Speed 231,
Pokeball caught in: Cherish Ball
Item: Enigma Berry

I compared it to the standard TRU Arceus, and it's virtually the same. It's pretty much the enigma berry thing that's bothering me like crazy....... why WOULD anyone attach an enigma berry to an Arceus?

Last edited:

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
so is there a way to return any of your old data in case of accidental reset such as a friend restarting or something?

No.

recieved in a trade.

Nickname:ARCEUS
OT: TRU
OT Gender:none
ID:11079
EVs (if known/estimated):no idea
IVs (if known/calculated):no idea
Nature: relaxed
Characteristic:likes to thrash about
Ability: Multitype
Moves: Judgment, Roar of Time, Spacial Rend, Shadow Force
Current Level:100
Level Caught at:"Apparently had a fateful encounter at lv. 100"
Location received: none
Current Stats: Attack 276, Defense 301, Sp. Attack 274, Sp. Defense 256, Speed 231,
Pokeball caught in: Cherish Ball
Item: Enigma Berry

I compared it to the standard TRU Arceus, and it's virtually the same. It's pretty much the enigma berry thing that's bothering me like crazy....... why WOULD anyone attach an enigma berry to an Arceus?

The OT Gender should be male otherwise it's hacked. I don't think the fact that it had an Enigma Berry is too suspicious.

jessepokemaster

Pro legend hunter
hello today through the gts i resived a shiny faraway place mew lvl 5 in master ball ot is in jap so idk wat it is and the mew is nicknamed cuz i remember wat mew lookis like in jap im sure i alleady know but before i get rid of it is it hacked

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
whats the difference between blue and red colored ot in event pkmns?

Nintendo DS event Pokemon have set OT colors. For example, the TRU Arceus cannot have a female OT, it must be Blue because it was set that way. It must have that color OT in order for it to be legitimate.

hello today through the gts i resived a shiny faraway place mew lvl 5 in master ball ot is in jap so idk wat it is and the mew is nicknamed cuz i remember wat mew lookis like in jap im sure i alleady know but before i get rid of it is it hacked

Hacked. No Mew should come from Faraway Place.

Last edited:

wichu

You could always use an external device to manually wipe the save data.

I wasn't actually talking to you originally (I was on the wrong page, and I thought I was answering a current question), but your story is intriguing. Does the red line only appear if you have Rayquaza in your party? Are Rayquaza's stats completely normal? I have no idea what would cause it... It does sound similar to the R/B/Y glitch where catching a Pokémon using the MissingNo. glitch would sometimes cause its HP bar to overflow and go across the screen. Maybe that's what happened here (Pomeg glitch?). I'd like to investigate this myself :p

SkittyOnWailord

☣ⓈⓀⒾⓉⓉⓎⓄⓃⓌⒶⒾⓁⓄⓇⒹ☣
You could always use an external device to manually wipe the save data.

I wasn't actually talking to you originally (I was on the wrong page, and I thought I was answering a current question), but your story is intriguing. Does the red line only appear if you have Rayquaza in your party? Are Rayquaza's stats completely normal? I have no idea what would cause it... It does sound similar to the R/B/Y glitch where catching a Pokémon using the MissingNo. glitch would sometimes cause its HP bar to overflow and go across the screen. Maybe that's what happened here (Pomeg glitch?). I'd like to investigate this myself :p

Well that Rayquaza is long gone so I can't give any info than I already know. I never checked the Rayquaza in a box but the line was only there if you put the curser over it on this kind of screen. (I couldn't even find a screenshot example so I had to take a picture:p) And I don't remember the IVs but the stats apeared within the limits. It was Lv70 and had been migrated from Hoenn and was caught in a Master Ball.

Status
Not open for further replies.