• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

"Is my pokemon hacked?" (A Hack-Check Thread)

• Thread starter Deleted member 11515
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

zm_

Charming. So it can only be in a pokeball pretty much?

itachi95

shiny hunter
i have a wcs milotic, and it says it was recieved on november 24 is it real?

DialgaMan

Slowking[George];9348543 said:
I believe it's hacked because of the extremely low probability of having 31 IV in all stats. (The probability is (1/32)^6).

Are you sure? if so i want to release it.

Also can a pokémon have an ID with all 0's ??

^Jµãñ^

Dragon Trainer
no, an all zeros id is definitely a hack and what he says it's true...it's almost impossible to have a legit pokemon with 31 in everything but it's your choice to keep it or release it.

randomspot555

no, an all zeros id is definitely a hack and what he says it's true...it's almost impossible to have a legit pokemon with 31 in everything but it's your choice to keep it or release it.

It's impossible for events and wild captures. It's possible in breeding, and some breeders are certainly obsessed enough to get there, but almost no Pokemon would actually need all 31s. I've personally witnessed 5 31 IVs done.

Arande

No, it's hacked. Larvitar can only be found on Route 207 at Lv7, not Lv5.

Actually larvitar can be found at lv 6 as well. (just double checked, apparently in plat larvitar swarms, and is lv 5, but at route 206. Won't know till Ig et a larvitar swarm)

And about that palkia. Since it's lv 100, did you remember to remove it's EV's before you checked the IV's? running the calculator without including EV's will give you IV's higher than they are.

About the shiny eevee from the trophy garden. I recall it being that the daily pokemon are lv 18 on day 1, and 16 the next day. no lv 17 daily pokemon. (someone double check? I remember this as it was along the same lines of taking a lv 18 compound eyes poke and SRing till chansey is your daily, for easy lucky eggs, since you'll only find chansey and pikachu with repel)

Last edited:

^Jµãñ^

Dragon Trainer
It's impossible for events and wild captures. It's possible in breeding, and some breeders are certainly obsessed enough to get there, but almost no Pokemon would actually need all 31s. I've personally witnessed 5 31 IVs done.
I said "almost impossible"....i know it can happen but if you compare the odds of getting 6 IVs with 31 against the odds of it being hacked (let's say it's something like 0.001% versus 99.999%....just guessing) it's more logical to say it's hacked, specially if it came from GTS, the only way to be certain that a pokemon with all 31s is real is to actually breed it or catch it yourself or that a very close and trusted friend of you did it...and even then almost nobody would believe it's not hacked, that one would only be for you to use it.

Deoxysmatter

OH MAI GAWD!
I said "almost impossible"....i know it can happen but if you compare the odds of getting 6 IVs with 31 against the odds of it being hacked (let's say it's something like 0.001% versus 99.999%....just guessing) it's more logical to say it's hacked, specially if it came from GTS, the only way to be certain that a pokemon with all 31s is real is to actually breed it or catch it yourself or that a very close and trusted friend of you did it...and even then almost nobody would believe it's not hacked, that one would only be for you to use it.

Actually, Nintendo made it impossible to get 6 31 IVs in the stats. The closest I've ever seen it was 31/31/31/29/31/31, but it's impossible to get 31 in all 6.

randomspot555

Actually, Nintendo made it impossible to get 6 31 IVs in the stats. The closest I've ever seen it was 31/31/31/29/31/31, but it's impossible to get 31 in all 6.

Read the breeding guide on Smogon. It is possible to get all 31s via breeding. TLDR: Three of the 6 IVs are taken from the parents, and 3 are generated randomly.

Yes, it is not made to be an easy task to get all 31s. The odds are quite literally against you. Even with perfect IVd parents, you still have the 3 random IVs to deal with.

But it is not impossible.

Stuff that is impossible, based on the game coding:

Straight 31 IVs in the wild. Smogon's Shoddy server even has a clause that restricts legends from having all 31 IVs.

Shiny events from 4th gen wonder cards: While the algorithym for nature (assuming it's not pre-set) and IVs are seeminly endless as far as combinations go, 4th gen events can either be ALL shiny (World Milotic) or NO shiny (everything else). The exception to this is the Manaphy egg from Ranger.

EDIT: And a nitpick. Nintendo didn't do anything. The core Pokemon games are made by Gamefreak.

EDIT: Other nitpick. Just because the closest you've seen doesn't mean that's all that's possible. Anecotal experience is nothing in the face of facts such as the game data.

Last edited:

the elite trainer

Warrior Of Darkness

Actually it's quite possible.

Blue_Ditto_256

Fail on a Stick
It's possible to have all 31 IVs on a wild Pokemon if it has certain natures. For example, It's allowed with Modest and Timid. Shoddy Battle allows those natures and 31 IVs on legendaries, and it uses the same PID codes as the games.

Red Pika

C'mon DSi!
Is this Deoxys I got in a trade from wifi hacked? The guy who traded it to me said he got it from the gts.

Nickname: its in japanese
OT: its in japanese
OT Gender: blue
ID:08137
EVs (if known/estimated): none ( I think)
IVs (if known/calculated): not sure
Nature: Naive
Characteristic: Capable of taking hits
Ability: Pressure
Moves: Knock off/spikes/psychic/snatch
Current Level: 30
Level Caught at: arrived at lv. 30
Location received: kanto arrived at lv 30
Current Stats: hp79/atk71/def68/spa71/spd61/spe134
Pokeball caught in: ultra ball

dragon-dark-master

Thanks SPPf. TTYL
here is a pokemon i got of GTS for my LV. 1 Spiritomb...

Nickname: LUCARIO
OT: Clint
OT Gender: Blue
ID: 01959
EVs (if known/estimated): not sure
Nature: Timid
Characteristic: Sturdy Body
Ability: Steadfast
Moves: Arua Sphere, Poison Jab, Psychic, Earthquake
Current Level: 100
Level Caught at: 63
Location received: Pokemon Leauge
Current Stats: HP. 280/ Attack 230/ Defence 176/ Sp. Atk 265/ Sp. Def 175/ Speed 236
Pokeball caught in: Masterball

thank you

A-Burrito

<-- Favourite Shiny
here is a pokemon i got of GTS for my LV. 1 Spiritomb...

Nickname: LUCARIO
OT: Clint
OT Gender: Blue
ID: 01959
EVs (if known/estimated): not sure
Nature: Timid
Characteristic: Sturdy Body
Ability: Steadfast
Moves: Arua Sphere, Poison Jab, Psychic, Earthquake
Current Level: 100
Level Caught at: 63
Location received: Pokemon Leauge
Current Stats: HP. 280/ Attack 230/ Defence 176/ Sp. Atk 265/ Sp. Def 175/ Speed 236
Pokeball caught in: Masterball

thank you

Mega hack, they caught Cynthia's Lucario, or out front. Lucario can only be obtained as riolu eggs or pokemon events (world08 & palcity), either breeding or from Riley.

BunnieRabbot91

Live Without Warning
This is probably a stupid question but can Sceptile learn Outrage? I traded mine a friend so he could defeat someone in Platinum (I can't remember who) and when I got it back he had replaced Dragon Claw with Outrage. Can Sceptile learn that now? Or has he used a moveset modifier code?

A-Burrito

<-- Favourite Shiny
This is probably a stupid question but can Sceptile learn Outrage? I traded mine a friend so he could defeat someone in Platinum (I can't remember who) and when I got it back he had replaced Dragon Claw with Outrage. Can Sceptile learn that now? Or has he used a moveset modifier code?
Sceptile can learn Outrage Via platinum move tutor
http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-dp/254.shtml

glenn7lhy

UTevent collector
Can you do hack checks with PBR?

and if so, can someone tell me how?

Status
Not open for further replies.