• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

"Is my pokemon hacked?" (A Hack-Check Thread)

• Thread starter Deleted member 11515
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

SkittyOnWailord

☣ⓈⓀⒾⓉⓉⓎⓄⓃⓌⒶⒾⓁⓄⓇⒹ☣
Sorry for the late response. But I've been at a friends all weekend.

Are you going by just how serebii has it @ 7 only in the pokedex? Cause if so, it's flawed (not being mean, but nothing's perfect) which is why I use multiple sources... Seeing as bulbapedia, marriland, and 3 seperate videos on youtube of people encountering lv 6 larvitar (one being shiny he chianed), the TTar I have mentioned below, and I asked people with diamond to go find larvitar @ lv 6 in their game... pretty sure it can be found at 6.

I checked about larvitar @ 6 from 207 a good while ago when someone traded me a shiny tyrannitar

Kinda moot since he said his was met @ 5 anyways. Just didn't want people to get the idea that the ones @6 are as well.

Hmm. That's strange since my friend chained Larvitar a while back and all 10 shinies were Lv7. (No-one payed attention to the leval of the non-shiny ones) Do you know the persentages of each? Maybe Lv6 ones are just have a realy low chance.

wichu

Hmm. That's strange since my friend chained Larvitar a while back and all 10 shinies were Lv7. (No-one payed attention to the leval of the non-shiny ones) Do you know the persentages of each? Maybe Lv6 ones are just have a realy low chance.

In a chain, all the chained Pokémon will always be the same level. If you start the chain with a level 6, all Pokémon in that chain will be level 6.

SkittyOnWailord

☣ⓈⓀⒾⓉⓉⓎⓄⓃⓌⒶⒾⓁⓄⓇⒹ☣
In a chain, all the chained Pokémon will always be the same level. If you start the chain with a level 6, all Pokémon in that chain will be level 6.

That would explain it. Thanks for the help. (I don't chain much myself)

jpp1974

Now, I'm 99.999999% certain the shiny Darkrai I just got on GTS is dodgy as you want, but don't want to release something rare and special(!).

Basically there's four things that look iffy to me...

1 - the OT number is 00100.

2 - it only knows one move (Hyper Beam).

3 - it's in a wierd pokeball I've never seen (it's a dusky pink colour (not a heal ball, darker pink than that).

4 - the sprite is facing right (instead of left which kind of clinches it for me...).

I'm preparing to release it already!

randomspot555

#2 doesn't mean anything, since Hyper Beam is a TM Move and the other 3 slots could be deleted by the Move Deleter. #3 doesn't mean anything because I honestly don't know what you're talking about. Go over to Bulbapedia's page on Poke Balls and narrow it down to a specific one. Hacking programs don't actually change anything in the game since the data is read only, so are you CERTAIN about #4? As for #1, I'll have to look at the formula that generates ID#s before I can say anything for certain.

jpp1974

Thanks for the replies.

I worked out about the moveset but couldn't for the life of me work out why someone would do that...doesn't make a lot of sense to me.

And I didn't know Bulbapedia had a pokeball page, and it turns out it IS a cherish ball.

The trainer number thing still concerns me a bit...and I was being dim about the sprtie facing the wrong direction (didn't notice ALL the sprites change the way they're facing between the Pokedex and on their summary page...feel free to throw rocks at me for that!).

So...I'm beginning to think I may actually have a real shiny Darkrai!

Charaligatr

The Secret Rascal
So...I'm beginning to think I may actually have a real shiny Darkrai!

Sorry to burst your bubble, but if it's in a cherish ball with that ID no, then it is hacked. Events have set ID's and, iirc, the vast majority cannot be shiny.

Basically, there has been hacking to get the Darkrai. Can't say for sure if it's hacked itself, but if not, then the cherish ball would have been.

COKTAL

<-Newest Shiny!!!
Nickname: Darkrai
OT: Almia
OT Gender: Male (Blue)
ID: 03208
EV's: None; Meet @ 50, hasn't gained EXP
IV's: 0/3/6/29/31/24 (these were checked @ lv. 50, so some had 2 possibilities)
Nature: Mild
Characteristics: Somewhat Vain
Ability: Bad Dreams
Moves: Dark Void, Dark Pulse, Shadow Ball, Double Team
Current Level: 50
Level Caught At: 50
Current Stats: 130/96/88/169/110/142 (HP/A/D/SA/SD/S)
Pokeball Caught in: Pokeball

I just obtained this in a trade for one of my Shiny Skitty's, and I just want to make sure it's legit. I'll try to post an image once I can.

I'm pretty sure that your darkrai is legit. You can transfer one from pokemon ranger 2. i have the same one. even the same id number, and mine isn't hacked.

BunnieRabbot91

Live Without Warning
A little while back I traded an my ALAMOS Darkrai for an EV trained Japanese event Shaymin. I don't know if its legit after seeing its IV's and after being told by various people its moveset is only for the Sky Forme

Nickname: シェイミ
OT: えいがかん
OT Gender: red
ID: 07198
EVs (if known/estimated):6 HP/253 Special Attack/ 252 Speed (So I've been told)
IVs (if known/calculated): HP 11, Attack 31, Defence 2, Speed 31, Special Attack 30 and I think its Special Defense IV is 0
Characteristic: Strong Willed
Ability: Natural Cure
Moves: Seed Flare, Psychic, Earth Power, Air Slash
Current Level:100
Level Caught at: Apparently had a fateful encounter at Lv. 50.
Location received: Pokémon Movie 08
Current Stats:
HP: 330
Attack:191
Defense: 219
Special Attack:295
Special Defense:225
speed:286
Pokeball caught in: Cherish Ball
Ribbon: Classic

Last edited:

DialgaMan

A little while back I traded an my ALAMOS Darkrai for an EV trained Japanese event Shaymin. I don't know if its legit after seeing its IV's and after being told by various people its moveset is only for the Sky Forme

IVs (if known/calculated): HP 11, Attack 31, Defence 2, Speed 31, Special Attack 30 and I think its Special Defense IV is 0
Current Stats:

I don't know much about hacks but the EV's exceed the Limit of 510

DialgaMan

Current Stats:

Level: 50
OT: Eigakan (Movie Theater)
ID No.: 07198
Ball: Cherish
Berry: Micle
Move: Seed Flare
Move: Aromatherapy
Move: Substitute
Move: Energy Ball

That is the 8th movie description of the Shaymin given away then.
The ID No. matches and the ribbon I guess :p

^Jµãñ^

Dragon Trainer
I'm pretty sure that your darkrai is legit. You can transfer one from pokemon ranger 2. i have the same one. even the same id number, and mine isn't hacked.
Almia darkrai doesn't have id 00100, it's 03208, same for the japanese one. So where did yours come from?

Charaligatr

The Secret Rascal
Almia darkrai doesn't have id 00100, it's 03208, same for the japanese one. So where did yours come from?

I think he was talking about the one that had the 03208 ID. The one that COKTAL posted.

^Jµãñ^

Dragon Trainer
I think he was talking about the one that had the 03208 ID. The one that COKTAL posted.
oops, sorry, i tought he was talking about a shiny darkrai that was mentioned before, i didn't saw his post first...my mistake.

Last edited:

Arande

He has the right ID. ONly thing I can think of is to make sure it has a classic ribbon. pokeball fine.

Edit: bleh (have a habit of opening many threads in tabs, then going through em XD posting lag?)

Last edited:

Pamizard

Queen of Charizards!
ok well i dont give away my hacks but check also the date they were caught. If it for example says caught january 1 2000 then u know its been hacked.

Charaligatr

The Secret Rascal
ok well i dont give away my hacks but check also the date they were caught. If it for example says caught january 1 2000 then u know its been hacked.

It goes by whatever the DS's internal clock though, so the date isn't a factor in it being hacked.

For example, if I were to set my DS to 2099, then go out and chain and catch a shiny pokemon, it wouldn't be hacked. Yes, the date would be weird, but it alone is not an indicator of whether or not a pokemon is hacked.

Status
Not open for further replies.