• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

"Is my pokemon hacked?" (A Hack-Check Thread)

• Thread starter Deleted member 11515
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

Pamizard

Queen of Charizards!
oh i thought it was. unless it was made in Poke sav.. which is what hackers use

Dragon Rules

No longer trading.
Shiny eevee:
Nickname:Eevee
OT:CALISTA
OT Gender: (red/pink or blue) Red
ID: 58151
EVs (if known/estimated)don't know
IVs (if known/calculated): dont know
Nature: Relaxed
Characteristic: alert to sound
Ability:run away
Moves:tail whip helping hand sand-attack growl
Current Level:17
Level Caught at:met at 17
Location received: trophy garden
Current Stats:47/28/28/22/32/25
Pokeball caught in:pokeBall
Is it legit?
Anyone?Is this eevee legit?

Saberu

Anyone?Is this eevee legit?
Not a chance.
It was hacked using the Pokémon mod. (the cheat that makes any Pokémon appear in the wild)
Eevees can be caught only at levels 16 and 18.
I've actually used that code for eevee before. I can recognize it.

Dragon Rules

No longer trading.
Not a chance.
It was hacked using the Pokémon mod. (the cheat that makes any Pokémon appear in the wild)
Eevees can be caught only at levels 16 and 18.
I've actually used that code for eevee before. I can recognize it.
Great,hacked,and I traded a legit mew for it!
What should I do with it now?

Saberu

Great,hacked,and I traded a legit mew for it!
What should I do with it now?
You could..
Train it anyway
Release it
Scam some other innocent person (please don't..)
Try to get revenge on the person that took your mew

I'd recommend one of the first two options. ^^;

Wait - I didn't realize it was shiny...
Bad loss. D: I hate scammers.

Last edited:

Dragon Rules

No longer trading.
You could..
Train it anyway
Release it
Scam some other innocent person (please don't..)
Try to get revenge on the person that took your mew

I'd recommend one of the first two options. ^^;
I should probably release it.......

www500

WWW500
Apologies if this is spamming. What happens if you breed a hacked Pokemon? Would the son/daughter still be hacked?

Eon_is_not_the_end

~Mentally Unstable~
Apologies if this is spamming. What happens if you breed a hacked Pokemon? Would the son/daughter still be hacked?

It depends on who you ask; some people don't mind, others do

www500

WWW500
but is it?

Thanks for answering my question.

Last edited:

randomspot555

While if it's hacked or not is largely up to opinion, there's nothing in the data, from the viewable summary to the hex data, that would make it different from any other breeded Pokemon. The parents could be met in the Mystery Zone on Jan 0, 0000 from Johto, and none of that would show up in the baby. It's worth noting that any trading/battling community has their own rules on the role of hacking and how it can/can't be used in their community, and you should check with those before doing anything that could get you banned.

Arande

Well, most would consider the hatched pokes as hacked. That was a grey area people tried to exploit to justify azumaril w belly drum and aqua jet, as well as other pokes with illegal movesets.

randomspot555

Well, most would consider the hatched pokes as hacked. That was a grey area people tried to exploit to justify azumaril w belly drum and aqua jet, as well as other pokes with illegal movesets.

That isn't true at all. Hatching a Pokemon that has hacked parents won't magically create an illegal move set on the baby Pokemon. If I hacked 2 Bibarrels with Explosion, Judgement, Volt Tackle, and Spore, the baby from those two won't know any of those moves. Egg moves have to be specifically programmed to be passed down as egg moves. That's why a female and male Charizard won't be able to pass down Fire Punch.

Not to mention you can easily identify illegal move sets yourself. There's only like...a bunch of online Pokedexes, and Smogon has a fairly extensive list of illegal sets (in fact, it mentions on Azumarill's page that BD+AJ is illegal).

(Semantics, but you also don't know "Most people" would consider it hacked)

Pamizard

Queen of Charizards!
u know if people get hacked pokemon that can breed. u should breed them then get rid of the hack.. instead of just releasing it.. its what i do althoguh i hack myslef but never trade them

MasterBreeder7190

Friendship Trainer
I have a question and would like to know if this Shiny Spiritomb I got yesterday off the GTS is hacked or legit. I'd greatly appreciate it if someone could help me because I had it in my signature for trade and some guy said it was a hack.

Here's the Spiritomb's info:
Hardy Nature
Aug. 5, 2008
Route 209
Apparently met at lvl 25.
Proud of its power
Happily eats anything.

It's currently lvl 26 which is the lvl I got it at and was captured in an ultra ball. Any info would be helpful...thanks.

Dragon Rules

No longer trading.
I have a question and would like to know if this Shiny Spiritomb I got yesterday off the GTS is hacked or legit. I'd greatly appreciate it if someone could help me because I had it in my signature for trade and some guy said it was a hack.

Hardy Nature
Aug. 5, 2008
Route 209
Proud of its power
Happily eats anything.

It's currently lvl 26 which is the lvl I got it at and was captured in an ultra ball. Any info would be helpful...thanks.
It seems like a legit,what's its stats?

randomspot555

Hardy Nature
Aug. 5, 2008
Route 209
Proud of its power
Happily eats anything.

It's hacked. Spiritomb isn't found on Route 209.

Yellow Aura

Light of Hope

Hardy Nature
Aug. 5, 2008
Route 209
Proud of its power
Happily eats anything.

It's hacked. Spiritomb isn't found on Route 209.
Spiritomb IS found on route 209 from the hallowed tower! It's completly legit.

Arande

That isn't true at all. Hatching a Pokemon that has hacked parents won't magically create an illegal move set on the baby Pokemon. If I hacked 2 Bibarrels with Explosion, Judgement, Volt Tackle, and Spore, the baby from those two won't know any of those moves. Egg moves have to be specifically programmed to be passed down as egg moves. That's why a female and male Charizard won't be able to pass down Fire Punch.

Not to mention you can easily identify illegal move sets yourself. There's only like...a bunch of online Pokedexes, and Smogon has a fairly extensive list of illegal sets (in fact, it mentions on Azumarill's page that BD+AJ is illegal).

(Semantics, but you also don't know "Most people" would consider it hacked)

I'm quite aware about egg moves being programmed in. I was referring to the sets that have 2 or more egg moves that CAN be learned, but it's an either OR case, not both. Just like you can not get both curse and drill peck on a skarm, just one or the other, even though they are both egg moves. And I still see cases of people trying to say those are legal cause "they hatched the poke legitly" <_<

And yes, spiritomb is at the tower, if you put the keystone in, and talked to 32 PLAYERS underground. Not the NPCs.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.