• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

"Is my pokemon hacked?" (A Hack-Check Thread)

• Thread starter Deleted member 11515
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, I have received a Mew who's OT is "Ash", which means it was caught and not received in an event, at least I think so. Last time I checked, Mew couldn't be caught in the wild, aside from the Faraway Island event that was never released in the outside Japan. So, can anyone confirm or deny my suspicions?

golden_charizard

Shiny Hunter
thanks, another question:
do the Hacked Pokemon have any effect on the game? cause at the Pokemon Video Game showdown, my friend Maddie got kicked out for using Action Replay...

Yes, they do have an effect.The staff haves a special machine that can read if you have any hack Pokemon, since hack Pokemon haves different coding than regular ones.

Even if you make an egg with the hack Pokemon, the baby will also have a different coding, so there is no way that you can bypass the fact that you use hack Pokemon.

So the best way for you to enter the Video Game Showdown when you have hack Pokemon is to restart your game, you can trade some of your Pokemon (IF THEY AREN'T HACK) to an other game and trade them back after you restart your game, this will erase the different codes and you will have no problem entering the Showdown.

I'm not sure if this information is true, it's what I heard from an other website.

randomspot555

I'm not sure if this information is true, it's what I heard from an other website.

If you "aren't sure', then why post potentially misleaidng info?

Yes, official tournaments have a check that the mod Skittyonwailord has observed (used?) and yes, it can detect nearly everything, including just a use of an Action Replay on the game cartridge, regardless of if any codes were used.

Yes, you can kicked out even if you got a hack via trade/GTS.

No, it can't detect Pokemon that come from hacked parents, because that defies all types of logic.

Last edited:

SkittyOnWailord

☣ⓈⓀⒾⓉⓉⓎⓄⓃⓌⒶⒾⓁⓄⓇⒹ☣
Well, I have received a Mew who's OT is "Ash", which means it was caught and not received in an event, at least I think so. Last time I checked, Mew couldn't be caught in the wild, aside from the Faraway Island event that was never released in the outside Japan. So, can anyone confirm or deny my suspicions?

If it's in English then it's hacked.

If you "aren't sure', then why post potentially misleaidng info?

Yes, official tournaments have a check that the mod Skittyonwailord has observed (used?) and yes, it can detect nearly everything, including just a use of an Action Replay on the game cartridge, regardless of if any codes were used.

Yes, you can kicked out even if you got a hack via trade/GTS.

No, it can't detect Pokemon that come from hacked parents, because that defies all types of logic.

Yep, last years Showdown Opperations Manual had this fun rule in it.

The use of external devices to alter a player's Pokemon game is expressly forbidden. Random checks will be preformed throughout the tornamant to determine whether or not an external device has been used to modify a player's game or Pokemon. Players found to have games that have been tampered with will be disqualified from the event, regardless of whether the player tampered with his or her game, or received a Pokemon or item that was tampered with by someone other than the player. It is the player's responsibility to have legal Pokemon. Event officials have the final determination regarding the legality of a Pokemon

Last edited:

randomspot555

I got another question... I have a Celebi who's OT is "10 ANIV", but I have another one that who's OT is "10 ANIV" with what appears to be another space in between the two words. Are both legit? hacked?

And just to make certain, can 10th Anniversary Pokemon be Shiny?

Two spaces between "10" and "ANIV" mean hacked.

The programming of 3rd gen event Pokemon, assuming distribution via link cable, allows the possibility of being shiny. But the only way to tell would be to obtain an event cartridge and look in. Since these are individually made, and not generated from a wonder card, it can't be said for certain if any shiny exist.

The reason we know 4th gen Wonder Card distributed/mystery gift received Pokemon can't be shiny is because the Wonder Card generates Pokemon, and is specifically programmed to STOP the 1/8000whatever chance of a possible shiny (with the only exception being ALL are shiny, such as the World Milotic)

Dagger54321

Trade Junkie
I just traded a totodile for a shiny darkrai over the GTS, so that obviously aroused my suspicion. Information is as follows (also has active pokerus, even at lvl100). I looks like eveything checks out, but I want to be sure.

Nickname: Japanese characters
OT: Japanese characters
OT Gender: Blue
ID: 07734
EVs (if known/estimated): Unknown
IVs (if known/calculated): Will try to calculate
Nature: Quirky
Characteristic: Very finicky, happily eats anything
Ability: Bad Dreams
Moves: Dark Void, Nasty Plot, Dream Eater, Dark Pulse
Current Level:100
Level Caught at: 50
Location received: Newmoon Island
Current Stats:
HP---253
Attack---208
Defense---205
Sp. Atk---309
Sp. Def---203
Speed---265
Pokeball caught in: Ultra Ball

ayushgarg

got this trade on chat for cress

Nickname:Cress
OT:NITE321
OT Gender: (red/pink or blue):Blue
ID:05232
EVs (if known/estimated):252 hp 252 def i dont know the other 4
IVs (if known/calculated):31 / 25 / 30 / 30 / 14 / 0
Nature:Bold
Characteristic:Often Dozes Off
Ability:Levitate
Moves:Moonlight,Energy Ball,Calm Mind,Ice Beam
Level Caught at:50
Location received:Route 229
Current Stats:444/153/371/185/280/175
Pokeball caught in:Quick Ball

plz check this and it is shiny

anyone plz???

DialgaMan

Nickname: Lucario
OT: World08
ID: 08178
EVs (if known/estimated): No Idea
IVs (if known/calculated): No Idea
Nature: Adamant
Characteristic: Somewhat of a Clown
Ability: Inner Focus
Moves: Force Palm, Bone Rush, Sunny Day, Blaze Kick
Current Level: 30
Level Caught at: Apparantly had a fateful encounter at lv 30
Location received: Pok''emon Event
Current Stats:84 HP 85 attack 51 def 67 sp att 50 s[ def 67 speed
Pokeball caught in: Cherish
Ribbons:Classic

Nickname: Lucario
OT: PALCITY
ID: 07157
Nature: Modest
Characteristic: Quick To Flee
Ability: Steadfast < wondering bulbapedia said it should be inner focus
Moves: Aura Sphere, Dragon,Dark,Water Pulse
Current Level: 50
Level Caught at: Apparantly had a fateful encounter at lv 50
Location received: Pokemon Event 07
Current Stats:140 HP 114 attack 82 def 141 sp att 86 sp def 109 speed
Pokeball caught in: Cherish
Ribbons:CLassic

Nickname: Japanese (Chatot from concert)
OT: Japanese
OT Gender: red
ID: 10286
Nature: Timid < Wondering because bulbapedia said it should be Jolly
Characteristic:Very Finicky
Ability: Keen Eye
Moves: Sing, Fury Attack, Chatter, Taunt
Current Level: 25
Level Caught at: Apparantly had a fateful encounter at lv 25
Location received: Lovely Place
Current Stats: HP 75 attack 34 def 31 sp att 55 s[ def 27 speed 56
Pokeball caught in: Pokeball
Ribbons:none

Ty in advance

Anyone :( ?

Last edited:

Dagger54321

Trade Junkie

DialgaMan

Those are all event Pokemon. Go to one of the event lists in the first post.

I already did and saw some mistakes so I wanted to ask you here if they were right or not.

Seeing most of it is right except one part of them

vitz

Is it possible for a D/P starter to have no exp? Or would it necessarily gain exp from the first battle?

Palamon

Silence is Purple
I just traded a totodile for a shiny darkrai over the GTS, so that obviously aroused my suspicion. Information is as follows (also has active pokerus, even at lvl100). I looks like eveything checks out, but I want to be sure.

Nickname: Japanese characters
OT: Japanese characters
ID: 07734
EVs (if known/estimated): Unknown
IVs (if known/calculated): Will try to calculate
Nature: Quirky
Characteristic: Very finicky, happily eats anything
Ability: Bad Dreams
Moves: Dark Void, Nasty Plot, Dream Eater, Dark Pulse
Level Caught at: 50
Location received: Newmoon Island
Current Stats:
HP---253
Attack---208
Defense---205
Sp. Atk---309
Sp. Def---203
Speed---265
Pokeball caught in: Ultra Ball
^ Not hacked It's stats are in a regular range and from a platinum game Nasty plot is in Platinum at level 75 & Embargo in D/P. It's very possible to be caught in an ultra ball because it's catch rate is of 3. The shiny part could either be AR or luck.
So you are alright so no need to worry.

DialgaMan

The chatot's hacked,"Apparantly had a fateful encounter at lv 30" but its still at lv25.

My bad it says Apparantly had a fateful encounter at lv. 25.

My bad sorry

Eon_is_not_the_end

~Mentally Unstable~
Is it possible for a D/P starter to have no exp? Or would it necessarily gain exp from the first battle?

It would gain EXP from the first battle UNLESS:

A) Said starter fainted in that first battle, getting no experience at all(lol fail)

or...

B) The starter was hatched from an egg

Status
Not open for further replies.