• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

"Is my pokemon hacked?" (A Hack-Check Thread)

• Thread starter Deleted member 11515
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Light Ruler

Light of Ruin.......
I just got a Regice from the GTS and I'm not sure if its legit or not.

Name: Regice
OT: OSCAR
OT Gender: Male (blue)
ID: 13068
EVs (if known/estimated): N/A
IVs (if known/calculated): N/A
Nature: Bold
Characteristic: Loves to eat.
Ability: Clear Body
Moves: Curse, Super Power, Ancient Power & Amnesia
Current Level: 46
Level Caught at: 46
Location received: Kanto
Current Stats: HP: 136
Attack: 47
Defense: 111
Special Attack: 98
Special Defense: 191
Speed: 51
Pokeball caught in: Master Ball

I know it can't be obtained in Kanto without an action replay or something but if it was traded from R/S/E to Fire Red or Leaf Green then migrated would it say its arrived from Kanto?

A legit Regice should arrive from Hoenn regardless of which game it was migrated from.

DialgaMan

I can garantee that one is legit. I was there when my friend caught it. :p

Did he clone that pokémon? I have exactly the same tyranitar from a trade lol

glenn7lhy

UTevent collector
why does no one dare to ask about JEREMY's or ask if theyre hacked? i think i have most of them and i dont know if i should ask your oppinions because no one says anything about them

Dragon Rules

No longer trading.
A legit Regice should arrive from Hoenn regardless of which game it was migrated from.
It could say arrived from kanto if the regice was traded to kanto from hoenn, then been migrated from kanto to dp.

Charaligatr

The Secret Rascal
It could say arrived from kanto if the regice was traded to kanto from hoenn, then been migrated from kanto to dp.

Nope. It will always say the region that it was caught in. I've traded pokemon from Ruby to FR, then pal parked them and the location data says "Hoenn"

randomspot555

why does no one dare to ask about JEREMY's or ask if theyre hacked? i think i have most of them and i dont know if i should ask your oppinions because no one says anything about them

I just linked to Gold Ursaring's event list a few pages back. All we're doing here is checking the info that you see on the summary, something which you'll be able to do too.

That being said, most GBA events being traded nowadays are hacked, they just aren't completely obvious (the visible info looks correct). I used to have a 10 ANIV Umbreon that was hacked.

Here was how it was made:

Someone started a new game in R/S/E with the OT "10 ANIV".

Hacked the game to change it to the appropriate ID#.

Raised an Umbreon.

The other guys are correct. The Pal-Park area is where the Pokemon itself is native to, not where it's migrated from. This is made quite obvious because Distant Land Pokemon are from Gamecube games but Pal-Parked via GBA games but their info doesn't say Hoenn or Kanto.

Dragon Rules

No longer trading.
Nope. It will always say the region that it was caught in. I've traded pokemon from Ruby to FR, then pal parked them and the location data says "Hoenn"
That's weird,because I've got a Charmander that said "arrived from Hoenn", and the orginal trainer said he traded the Charmander to Hoenn from Kanto so the summary said "arrived from Hoenn".

glenn7lhy

UTevent collector
so can i say everything about the JEREMY's but the nature?

Shikyobi

Just got this off GTS. It's a shiny Raikou, but I'm 100% certain it's hacked so I'm just making sure.

Name: Raikou
OT: 10 ANIV
OT Gender: Blue
ID: 00010
EVs: Unknown
IVs: 30 HP, 0-1 Atk, 2 Def, 19 Sp. Atk, 18 Sp. Def, 22 Speed
Nature: Naive
Ability: Pressure
Moves: Quick Attack, Spark, Thunder, Rain Dance
Current level: 70
Level caught: 70
Stats: 227 HP, 124 Atk, 111 Def, 179 Sp. Atk, 141 Sp. Def, 199 Speed
Pokeball caught in: Pokeball

Last edited:

randomspot555

Just got this off GTS. It's a shiny Raikou, but I'm 100% certain it's hacked so I'm just making sure.

Name: Raikou
OT: 10 ANIV
ID: 00010
IVs: 30 HP, 0-1 Atk, 2 Def, 19 Sp. Atk, 18 Sp. Def, 22 Speed
Nature: Naive
Ability: Pressure
Moves: Quick Attack, Spark, Thunder, Rain Dance
Current level: 70
Level caught: 70
Stats: 227 HP, 124 Atk, 111 Def, 179 Sp. Atk, 141 Sp. Def, 199 Speed
Pokeball caught in: Pokeball

Nothing in a GBA event Pokemon's coding prevents them from being shiny. So as far as the summary appears, it looks fine.

Tadashi

kiss my greens
Hello there~

I think I received a Platinum Pokémon, but I want to double-check it before I do anything.

Name: Gyarados (in Japanese Katakana)
OT: Youki (in Katakana)
ID: 50572
IVs: 23 HP, 0 Atk, 7 Def, 10 Sp. Atk, 26 Sp. Def, 4 Speed (calculated via Serebii.net's calculator)
Nature: Adamant
Characteristic: Somewhat vain
Ability: Intimidate
Moves: Splash, Tackle, Flail
Current level: 90
Level caught: apparently met at lv. 89
Stats: 291 HP, 253 ATK, 153 DEF, 109 Sp.A, 208 Sp.D, 154 SPD
Pokeball caught in: Quick Ball

I believe it was fished up as a Magikarp, but can you catch them at lv.89 in Platinum? o_O

Thanks to anyone who can double-check! ^^

I also have a Salamence that I got off the GTS, I wanna be sure if this is good too.

Name: Salamence
OT: YO MAMA
ID: 45176
IVs: 31 HP, 18 Atk, 13 Def, 11 Sp. Atk, 2 Sp. Def, 22 Speed (calculated via Serebii.net's calculator)
Nature: Relaxed
Characteristic: Scatters things often
Ability: Intimidate
Moves: Double Edge, Iron Tail, Dragon Pulse, Fly
Current level: 100
Level caught: Egg apparently hatched
Stats: 353 HP, 293 ATK, 195 DEF, 236 Sp.A, 167 Sp.D, 204 SPD
Pokeball caught in: Pokéball

Again, thanks to anyone who can double-check for me ^^

Zimiii

Keep going, Jack \o/
In Platinum's Resort Area, Magikarp can be caught in any level between 1 and 100. So yeah, I think it's legit. But how did you calculate it's IVs when you don't know it's EVs?

Last edited:

Pamizard

Queen of Charizards!
Slamence looks fine to me. Since it was probably hatche das a bagon.

^Jµãñ^

Dragon Trainer
You don't need to know a Pokemon's EVs to get the IVs.
Because EVs are gained when you defeat a Pokemon. o__O That means they have no effect what so ever on the IVs.
No but they do have an effect in the equations to calculate the IVs, have you used a calculator like the one on this site?

Zimiii

Keep going, Jack \o/
You don't need to know a Pokemon's EVs to get the IVs.
Because EVs are gained when you defeat a Pokemon. o__O That means they have no effect what so ever on the IVs.

You have to input the EVs to the calculator to get the IVs. If that Magikarp wasn't trained with a Rare Candy, it has EVs.

Status
Not open for further replies.