• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

"Is my pokemon hacked?" (A Hack-Check Thread)

• Thread starter Deleted member 11515
  • Start date
Status
Not open for further replies.

iCharmarc

Y do u have any reason to believe that someone would hack a sandshrew?

cause of the fact that its an event sandshrew? idk probly beacuse of that. ;078;;078;;078;

DannyB01

Well-Known Trader
I recently obtained a japanese, shiny UT Lv. 70 Palkia off the GTS from Pokemon Platinum, and I think it's legit, the only thing that seems a lil off is the ball it was caught in, but I'll list everything just to make sure.

Palkia: Lv. 70, Ball caught in: Normal Poke Ball, OT: (Jap name), ID No. : 51875, Nature: Quirky, Apparently met al Lv. 70, Spear Pillar, Hates to lose, Happily eats anything.

Stats: (From HP to Speed) -- 220/182/163/219/192/147 -- Ability: Pressure

Moves: Spacial Rend, Heal Block, Earth Power, Slash -- Sheen: Was fed no berries, Ribbons: None

Is it legit then and the guy just got lucky with the Pokeball?

I'll second that as being legit, from everything you've listed here anyway. I caught my Palkia on platinum using just a quick ball right at the start - you got a good pokemon there!

Of course, if you could get the PID and check it that'd make it sure, otherwise I'd just treat it as legit and say you got a good deal.

Last edited:

DannyB01

Well-Known Trader
Well...just in case that my bestie isn't lying (which of course I know he never lies), I need a check on 2 Jirachis he gave me. They both seem pretty legit, though.

This first one was given to me many months ago and it's an event Jirachi.
Nickname: Jirachi
OT: WISHMKR
OT Gender: Blue
ID: 20043
EVs (if known/estimated): The least I can remember is that he gave 252 Attack EVs before giving it to me. I don't remember how much EVs he gave to the other stats.
IVs (if known/calculated): N/A
Nature: Adamant
Characteristic: Likes to thrash about.
Ability: Serene Grace
Moves: Thunder Wave, Zen Headbutt, Stealth Rock, Cosmic Power
Current Level: 84
Level Caught at: Arrived at lvl. 5
Location received: Hoenn
Current Stats: HP: 335 / Attack: 276 / Defense: 187 / Sp. Atk: 158 / Sp. Def: 187 / Speed: 178
Pokeball caught in: Pokeball

Then, he gave me this 2nd Jirachi about a month ago, I think. I haven't started training it yet.
Nickname: (Jirachi's name in Japanese)
OT: (OT is also in Japanese)
OT Gender: Red
ID: 08188
EVs (if known/estimated): 4 HP / 252 Sp. Atk / 252 Speed (already planned out)
IVs (if known/calculated): N/A
Nature: Timid
Characteristic: Proud of its power.
Moves: Wish, Confusion, Rest
Current Level: 5
Level Caught at: Apparently had a fateful encounter at Lv. 5.
Location received: Pokemon Fan Club
Current Stats: HP: 26 / Attack: 14 / Defense: 15 / Sp. Atk: 16 / Sp. Def: 16 / Speed: 16
Pokeball caught in: Cherish Ball

Well, the first one is one of the more common ones and certainly looks legit, but if you're saying he'd given it 252 EVs in atk already, yet you received it at level 5 that's impossible. Also, it should say fateful encounter but if you traded it over it probably won't say that now, hopefully someone can double check that.

The second one is legit, I'm 90% sure, the stats look a little low if anything but they may differ - as long as it arrived to the original owner whilst hold a Jaboca berry it is legit. Don't bother quoting EVs it doesn't have yet though, that's just confusing and pointless, there's no way a level 5 pokemon can already have its EVs maxed out - without cheats.

In conclusion, I'm 90% sure the first is legit and 99% sure the 2nd is legit, there's nothing really out of place, as long as both originally said they had a fateful encounter.

DannyB01

Well-Known Trader
HACK check please: sandshrew. OT JEREMY, ID13579 exp.points 1728 CALM nature, sep. 8, 2007

KANTO
arrived at lv.12
often scatters things
likes bitter food

MOVESET
scratch
DEFENSE curl
sand attack

Yeah, I'd say that was legit, all checks out.

Masran

I just received a Manaphy from the GTS, and I'm dubious whether it is real or not. Just seems to good to be true.

Anyways, the information:

Nickname: MANAPHY
OT: Rafa
ID: 65049
EVs (if known/estimated): Not known
IVs (if known/calculated): Not known
Nature: Hasty
Characteristic: Impetuous and silly.
Ability: Hydration
Moves: Waterfall / Bubble / Supersonic / Charm
Current Level: 21
Level Caught at: Egg obtained
Location received: Link Trade / Fight Area (Unclear which is the location received)
Current Stats: HP 75, Attack 48, Defense 42, Sp. Atk 48, Sp. Def 48, Speed 53
Pokeball caught in: Poke Ball

If I've missed anything, just ask. I appreciate any thoughts on whether this is legit or not.

Last edited:

DannyB01

Well-Known Trader
HACK check please: sandshrew. OT JEREMY, ID13579 exp.points 1728 CALM nature, sep. 8, 2007

KANTO
arrived at lv.12
often scatters things
likes bitter food

MOVESET
scratch
DEFENSE curl
sand attack

Yeah, I'd say that was legit, all checks out.

I got a Shiny Cresselia in a trade, and I'm suspicious because the asking price was very low.

Nickname: None
OT: Erik
ID: 51500
IVs (if known/calculated): 2-3/28-29/16-17/6-7/20-21/28-29
Nature: Impish
Characteristic: Quick Tempered, Likes Sour Food
Ability: Levitate
Moves: Mist, Aurora Beam, Future Sight, Slash
Current Level: 50
Level Caught at: 50
Location received: Route 205
Current Stats: 181 HP/89 ATK/146 DF/74 SP ATK/145 SP DF/104 SP
Pokeball caught in: Master Ball

DannyB01

Well-Known Trader
I got a Shiny Cresselia in a trade, and I'm suspicious because the asking price was very low.

Nickname: None
OT: Erik
ID: 51500
IVs (if known/calculated): 2-3/28-29/16-17/6-7/20-21/28-29
Nature: Impish
Characteristic: Quick Tempered, Likes Sour Food
Ability: Levitate
Moves: Mist, Aurora Beam, Future Sight, Slash
Current Level: 50
Level Caught at: 50
Location received: Route 205
Current Stats: 181 HP/89 ATK/146 DF/74 SP ATK/145 SP DF/104 SP
Pokeball caught in: Master Ball

Yes, i'd be very doubtful about a shiny cresselia, but all this checks out. The EVs aren't excessively good, and obviously the stats are standard - so it definitely could be legit. However, it could easily have just been made up by someone with pokesav, but I don't think they'd have put it in a master ball if they wanted it to look totally legit, so yeah, this could quite easily be legit. In which case you've got a great deal, but unless there's some way you can get the pokemon ID (PID) we won't be able to tell for sure, I'd consider it legit though myself.

Yes, i'd be very doubtful about a shiny cresselia, but all this checks out. The EVs aren't excessively good, and obviously the stats are standard - so it definitely could be legit. However, it could easily have just been made up by someone with pokesav, but I don't think they'd have put it in a master ball if they wanted it to look totally legit, so yeah, this could quite easily be legit. In which case you've got a great deal, but unless there's some way you can get the pokemon ID (PID) we won't be able to tell for sure, I'd consider it legit though myself.

Well, the thing of it is, the guy asked for a Bagon. Just, a Bagon(So, I gave him a freshly hatched one). Now, if you're a guy with Pokesav, why would you bother trading for a level 1 Bagon?

Kreis

Still Dirrty
Well, the thing of it is, the guy asked for a Bagon. Just, a Bagon(So, I gave him a freshly hatched one). Now, if you're a guy with Pokesav, why would you bother trading for a level 1 Bagon?

Because you could simply make another Pokemon without much of an effort. That, or the person could have cloned his Cresselia.

Kreis

Still Dirrty
what if you have hacked pokemon, why release them?

Hacked Pokemon do not have any affect on your game, to my knowledge. It's up to the owner if he wants to keep it or not.

DannyB01

Well-Known Trader

Wow, that's a pretty good trade then, you're right though it seems almost too good. It wouldn't really take any effort at all to get a level 1 bagon with pokesav though, far less effort than it would take to trade it in over the GTS so it probably is legit, although the guy trading may have just wanted a legit pokemon for once, i don't know.

It still seems legit so you probably just got an incredible deal in my opinion.

kimaginations

Nickname: LATIAS
OT: 10 ANIV
OT Gender: blue
ID: 00010
EVs (if known/estimated): 6 hp/252 special atk/252 speed
IVs (if known/calculated): 31/24/27/31/29/31
Nature: timid
Characteristic: alert to sounds.
Ability: levitate
Moves: dragon pulse|calm mind|recover|ice beam
Current Level:100
Level Caught at: ARRIVED AT lv. 70
Location received: hoenn
Current Stats: 302/170/212/319/294/350
Pokeball caught in: poke ball

the date says Dec. 15, 2006

i got this for a latias on gts. it looks entirely legit but the iv's are too good to beleive. maybe i'm missing something...
please help!

Kyogre Master V3.0

cause of the fact that its an event sandshrew? idk probly beacuse of that. ;078;;078;;078;

^Oops, my bad :S

To the above: seems legit to me - ID and everything checks out. Possibly hacked cos of those IVs but nothing obvious to indicate it is.

DannyB01

Well-Known Trader
Nickname: LATIAS
OT: 10 ANIV
OT Gender: blue
ID: 00010
EVs (if known/estimated): 6 hp/252 special atk/252 speed
IVs (if known/calculated): 31/24/27/31/29/31
Nature: timid
Characteristic: alert to sounds.
Ability: levitate
Moves: dragon pulse|calm mind|recover|ice beam
Current Level:100
Level Caught at: ARRIVED AT lv. 70
Location received: hoenn
Current Stats: 302/170/212/319/294/350
Pokeball caught in: poke ball

the date says Dec. 15, 2006

i got this for a latias on gts. it looks entirely legit but the iv's are too good to beleive. maybe i'm missing something...
please help!

Hmm, well at first glance it looks legit, and the poke ball checks out as it was a GBA event. However, I think you're right about the IVs being too good to believe. There is no possible pokemon ID that can be generated with those IVs and nature combination, a good way to check if something's hacked - so unfortunately I'd say this isn't legit and someone was just trying to make an incredible legit-looking latias. Sorry, the checker might be wrong, but as it stands this is not legit.

randomspot555

It really isn't quite pointless to say "oh but it could be pokesav".

We get it.

But if the description someone provides within a post falls within the legal parameters of the game, then you can say legit.

Don't say "Legit but probably pokesavd" because it's stupid to add that and casts unnecessary doubt.

[GS]

Staring at my phone
I got this Jirachi in a trade for a Shiny Belly-Drum Charmander and I'm not sure if it's legit...

Nickname: In Japanese
OT: In Japanese
ID: 60707
EVs (if known/estimated):
IVs (if known/calculated):
Nature: Jolly
Characteristic: Highly Curious
Moves: Wish/Confusion/Rest
Level Caught at: 5?
Current Stats: 25/15/15/14/16/16

DannyB01

Well-Known Trader
I got this Jirachi in a trade for a Shiny Belly-Drum Charmander and I'm not sure if it's legit...

Nickname: In Japanese
OT: In Japanese
ID: 60707
EVs (if known/estimated):
IVs (if known/calculated):
Nature: Jolly
Characteristic: Highly Curious
Moves: Wish/Confusion/Rest
Level Caught at: 5?
Current Stats: 25/15/15/14/16/16

Yeah, that's legit. That's the PokePark Jirachi from a GBA event.

Status
Not open for further replies.