• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Is My Team Any Good?

Remorph

Alone With Everybody
Note: This is a DW team.

Seismitoad
Hold Item: Leftovers
Nature: +Special Attack, -Attack
Ability: Water Absorb
EV spread: 252 Special Attack + Defense, 4 HP
Scald
Earth Power
Sludge Wave
Grass Knot

This guy tanks hits like a boss. He can sweep easily. He does well against Tyrannitar, and Politoed, and also Ninetails withoug Solarbeam, which will never happen. Basically, this guy counters every weather team except the UU hail.

Skarmory
Nature: +Special Defence, -Special Attack
EV: 252 Special Defense + Attack, 4 Defense
Ability: Sturdy
Brave Bird
Toxic
Roost
Stealth Rock

Covers for Seimitoad's grass weakness. Sets up with Stealth Rock on the predicted switch, and Toxics any non steel types, who won't be doing much, anyways.

Arcanine
Hold Item: Life Orb
Nature: +Speed, -Special Attack
EV: 252 Speed + Attack, 4 HP
Ability: Flash Fire
Flare Blitz
Close Combat
Wild Charge
ExtremeSpeed

Covers for Skarmory's fire, and Seismitoads grass weakness. Punches in a little bulky offence into the game, sweeping against any potential fire types, and abusing Flare Blitz.

Gengar
Nature: +Speed, -Attack
Ability: Levitate
EV: 252 Special Attack + Speed, 4 HP
Shadow Ball
Substitute
HP Fire
Focus Blast

Covers for Porygon 2, and is a sweeper. Lets throw in another LO user for fun. This guy really punches the foe in the face, with Substitute, and a multitude of move options, including HP fire for Ferrothorn.

Scrafty
Hold Item: Lum Berry
Nature: +Attack, - Special Attack
Ability:Shed Skin
EV: 252 Attack + HP, 4 Speed
Dragon Dance
Ice Punch
Crunch
Drain Punch

Takes hits, does damage. Covers for Gengar. Set up DD, sweep. That's what this guy is for. Fighting types and flying types are pretty common these days, so You have to send this guy in at the right time.

Porygon-2
Hold Item: Eviolite
Ability: Download
Nature: +Special Attack, - Speed
EV: 252 Special Attack + HP, 4 Defence
Trick Room
Recover
Psychic
Tri Attack

My surprise set. No one expects an offensive Porygon. Covers for Gengar (Ghost)
What do you think? Suggest set changes, pokemon changes, how competitive it it is, etc. Also, this surprise set won a match I had vs. PureTrainer, so it should not be dropped lightly.

Last edited:

Huspoel

You do need descriptions, It can be locked.
Arcanine needs LO or Choice Scarf, for the extra power/speed.
Try making the Porygon-2 a wall :

Porygon-2@Eviolite
Nature : Bold (+Defense -Attack)
Ability : Trace
EV's : 252 HP 208 Special Defense 48 Defense
-Recover
-Thunderbolt/Thunder wave
-Ice Beam/Tri Attack
-Toxic

P2 wall is always better then sweeper.
All your pokemon also need abilities

floatzel98

→ s o a r i n g
Seismitoad
Hold Item: Grass Gem
EV spread: 252 Special Attack + Speed, 4 HP
Scald
Earth Power
Sludge Wave
Grass Knot
i don't know what to suggest but all i can say is that you should get rid of him. you could use swampert over him

Skarmory
EV: 252HP/232Def/24Spe
Brave Bird
Whirlwind
Roost
Spikes
this lets you rack up some spikes damage and they ev spread lets it shrug off physical hits

Arcanine
Hold Item: Life orb/ Choicescarf
Flare Blitz
Close Combat
Wild Charge
ExtremeSpeed
like thing said^ you either need more speed or power on acranine

Gengar
Shadow Ball
Thunderbolt
HP Fire
Focus Blast
it seems okay. maybe put sub in over t-bolt

Scrafty
Hold Item: Lum Berry
Dragon Dance
Ice Punch
Crunch
Drain Punch
Okay!

Porygon-2
Nature: bold
EV:252HP/176Def/76Sdef
Discharge
Ice Beam
Recover
Toxic

With this you have a bulky set that can take heaps of hits. discharge lets you paralyze and toxic lets you eat away at their health
What do you think? Suggest set changes, pokemon changes, how
competitive it it is, etc.

Changes in BOLD

Remorph

Alone With Everybody
I dunno. That Porygon 2's set saved my butt, and your set is too predictable.

Mayu808

GIGA DRILL BREAK!!!!
well sometimes predictability is fine sine they think they know how to counter you, so they bring in something, you switch as well, and then either set up or sweep. Now, why floatzel recommended swampert makes no sense. swampert is pretty bad this gen. Try gastrodon, a much better weather counter overall, ofcourse baring ninetales running solarbeam. Otherwise, try to elaborate on the descriptions. One sentence isn't exactly a lot.

Remorph

Alone With Everybody
well sometimes predictability is fine sine they think they know how to counter you, so they bring in something, you switch as well, and then either set up or sweep. Now, why floatzel recommended swampert makes no sense. swampert is pretty bad this gen. Try gastrodon, a much better weather counter overall, ofcourse baring ninetales running solarbeam. Otherwise, try to elaborate on the descriptions. One sentence isn't exactly a lot.

Swampert sucks? Where have you been living, under a rock? Swampert rocks the house! The only reason I use Seismitoad is because it has kewl points, like Abomasnow.

Last edited:

Novan_Hero

omnomnomnom
Swampert sucks? Where have you been living, under a rock? Swampert rocks the house! The only reason I use Seismitoad is because it has kewl points, like Abomasnow.

Dude they're trying to give you help and yes Seismitoad may have the SURPRISE factor but it sucks worse than Swampert. Swampert's Peak was last gen, now it fails because of the amount of things that easily counter it and/or wall it. Especially since Ferrothorn is running rampant Water/Ground's aren't that good anymore.

Remorph

Alone With Everybody
Dude they're trying to give you help and yes Seismitoad may have the SURPRISE factor but it sucks worse than Swampert. Swampert's Peak was last gen, now it fails because of the amount of things that easily counter it and/or wall it. Especially since Ferrothorn is running rampant Water/Ground's aren't that good anymore.

Guess what? No one has torn down Seismitoad easily. And any Ferrothorn? Switch to fire type to shut him up. Water/Grounds are very good. You are insane. Who gives a freak about Ferrothorn? Just run HP fire on Swampert with fire gem. THAT should KO.

Remorph

Alone With Everybody

Mayu808

GIGA DRILL BREAK!!!!
It's not that seismitoad is bad, it just isnt that good either. I like seismitoad but gastrodon is the best choice of all the water/grounds for his ability to shut down waters and to atleast check thunderus. Your hatred for ferro is in the right place, but just slapping hp fire on a swampert or something and a gem wont be good. not only did you make that poke specifically to counter one thing, it also runs the risk of either being set up fodder or dead weight. however a good fire and mag can kill ferro easily outside of rain and conkeldurr and toxicroak say "DIE!" Any competent player will not leave ferro in on a counter and will have a way to kill those counters (or use ferrojellytran) So if you stick with seismitoad, use a LO for added power since a grass gem is redundant since grass knot has such unreliable power at times. no use boosting it.

Remorph

Alone With Everybody
With so many freaking heavy pokemon running around, I find Grass Knot helpful, but only when fighting ubers. I might switch grass knot with Focus Blast, or something.

Mayu808

GIGA DRILL BREAK!!!!
Grass knot is fine, I just meant you should change the item. Grass gem is pretty useless unless you only need grass knot once, and even then a LO boosted everything is better then one single boosted grass knot. Or run specs if you don't like the recoil. I used to recomend wise glasses, but specs and LO are superior, wise glasses is if you like neither items with a passion.

Remorph

Alone With Everybody
Grass knot is fine, I just meant you should change the item. Grass gem is pretty useless unless you only need grass knot once, and even then a LO boosted everything is better then one single boosted grass knot. Or run specs if you don't like the recoil. I used to recomend wise glasses, but specs and LO are superior, wise glasses is if you like neither items with a passion.

Maybe lefties? Those can heal up damage. Or a sitrus berry. You dont see those much anymore.

Mayu808

GIGA DRILL BREAK!!!!
You could run a focus band for all it matters, anything goes with seismitoad because no one knows what it does. However seismitoad is raped hard with anything grass oriented, so keep that in mind when battling. Oh, as much as I enjoy telling people to brave bird everything, consider (as bad as it usually is) fly on skarmory. It's quite funny actually, toxic, then fly stall and roost. Not only do you toxic stall, you waste their PP and get more lefties for free and (kinda crappy) damage. It's like using sky drop with the glitchy problems. Just a thought since using random things is fun :D

TM0verlord

PSN ID is on sig
Note: This is a DW team.

Seismitoad
Hold Item: Grass Gem
Ability: Water Absorb
EV spread: 252 Special Attack + Speed, 4 HP
Scald
Earth Power
Sludge Wave
Grass Knot

This guy tanks hits like a boss Yeah, because 321 Hp/155 defense/155 sp. defense screams tank.. He can sweep easilyBase 85 Special attack and base 74 Speed isn't the definition of a sweeper without a stat boosting move . He does well against Tyrannitar, and Politoed, and also Ninetails withoug Solarbeam(Energy Ball cries at you.), which will never happen. Basically, this guy counters every weather team except the UU hail. Seismitoad doesn't counter any weather teams at all. It's pretty bad in OU. You'll be outspeed by most of the metagame and K.O.ed before you know it. You need to replace this with a Gastrodon because thanks to Storm Drain's upgrade, you now have an immunity to water attacks and get a Sp. attack boost every time you're hit by a water type attack. It goes very well with your Arcanine since you can just switch out Arcanine on a predicted Water type attack and Switch out to Gastrodon to take no damage and get a sp.attack boost at the same time

Skarmory
EV: 252 Special Defense + HP, 4 Defense
Ability: Sturdy
Brave Bird
Toxic
Roost
Stealth Rock

Covers for Seimitoad's grass weakness. Sets up with Stealth Rock on the predicted switch, and Toxics any non steel types, who won't be doing much, anyways.If you're gonna make a defensive pokemon, always put MAX HP FIRST. other than than, no major changes.

Arcanine
Ability: Flash Fire
Flare Blitz
Close Combat
Wild Charge
ExtremeSpeed

Covers for Skarmory's fire, and Seismitoads grass weakness. Punches in a little bulky offence into the game, sweeping against any potential fire types, and abusing Flare Blitz. Can't really think of any changes except for maybe replacing Life Orb for a Choice Band to do even more damage.

Gengar
Ability: Levitate
Shadow Ball
Thunderbolt
HP Fire
Focus Blast

Covers for Porygon 2, and is a sweeper. Lets throw in another LO user for fun. This guy really punches the foe in the face, with Substitute, and a multitude of move options, including HP fire for Ferrothorn. Nice job with this set.

Scrafty
Hold Item: Lum Berry/Life Orb
Ability:Moxie[/B/]Shed Skin
Dragon Dance
Ice Punch
Crunch
Drain Punch

Takes hits, does damage. Covers for Gengar. Set up DD, sweep. That's what this guy is for. Fighting types and flying types are pretty common these days, so You have to send this guy in at the right time. If you're gonna keep the Lum Berry, replace Shed Skin with Moxie. If you want to keep Shed Skin, replace the Lum Berry with a Life Orb so that you can do a ton of damage while you can recover your HP with Drain Punch. Other than that, this set looks pretty good.

Porygon-2
Ability: Download
Nature: +Special Attack, - Speed
EV: 252 Special Attack + HP, 4 Defence
Trick Room
Recover
Psychic
Tri Attack

My surprise set. No one expects an offensive Porygon. Covers for Gengar (Ghost)
Steel Types say Hi to your Porygon2. Also, why run Trick Room when half of your team is either naturally fast or boosts their own Speed(Scrafty)? I'd go with the standard set for Porygon2. It works well for a reason.
What do you think? Suggest set changes, pokemon changes, how competitive it it is, etc. Also, this surprise set won a match I had vs. PureTrainer, so it should not be dropped lightly.

Suggestions and Changes are in Bold

Remorph

Alone With Everybody
You could run a focus band for all it matters, anything goes with seismitoad because no one knows what it does. However seismitoad is raped hard with anything grass oriented, so keep that in mind when battling. Oh, as much as I enjoy telling people to brave bird everything, consider (as bad as it usually is) fly on skarmory. It's quite funny actually, toxic, then fly stall and roost. Not only do you toxic stall, you waste their PP and get more lefties for free and (kinda crappy) damage. It's like using sky drop with the glitchy problems. Just a thought since using random things is fun :D

I like it... I like it. I have to say something that will make me sound ominous.

"I shall drink from the Goblet of your past victory."

Yeah, about the Seismitoad max speed thing: I didnt do that. I must have phazed out. I did Max Defense, as it already has great HP.

Last edited:

Remorph

Alone With Everybody
quagsire/gastro>seismotoad/swampert

I know, I know. But Seismitoad is one of my faves, and I wanted to base a team off him. Swampert is kinda dull looking, Quagsire sucks unless you have Unaware, and Gastrodon is cool, but I way prefer Seismitoad. Besides, I tried using a Gastrodon, and failed at it. Maybe I'll try again.