• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Is Naruto Better Than DBZ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ash-kid

Ash-kid
No. i think DBZ is my favorite anime, after pokemon.
And if you are talking about Dragon Ball, with Z and GT, this is mcuh better than Naruto.

evilman378

The e-unit
The Naruto anime is terrible compared to the manga. DBZ is awesome except for the GT part and we should see Dragon Ball Kai being released in english next year aswell (which has none of the fillers from original DBZ).

Nebbio

NINJA!
Dragon Ball-Z is my favorite anime, so I'll say no. Naruto is good though. But it'll never beat DBZ.

clone1

Aesthetics brahz
DBZ is in a whole other league than Naruto. Also it's my second favorite anime while Naruto is at the bottom of my list.

Lucille

In some ways Naruto is better then DBZ. Let's face it. DBZ had some much filler that sometimes they just talked for an entire episode when there supposed to be in this huge battle. Naruto is in no way better then DBKai though.

Alpha Gamer

Strength & Strategy
I'm probably going to get some flack for this but I honestly think Naruto is better than DBZ. I love both but IMO Naruto has better animation, better story, better action, better characters, and is simply more interesting than DBZ to me. I respect and love DBZ for what it's done as far as being a legendary series and ushering in the anime takeover of america, but Naruto is honestly a better anime.

Ahmed48

Tactician
No Dragon Ball is much better. It's older than Naruto, so Naruto would have better animation, but I still prefer Dragon Ball. It's my favorate anime/manga series.

zlxq3000

Master Collector
No, although I will admit that I haven't seen a lot of Naruto; I stopped watching it around the middle of the Chuunin exams or whatever that whole tournament where Orochimaru shows up and douches up the place was. I have, however, seen every episode of DBZ (and GT, and half of the original series), and regardless of what could be considered filler, everything in DBZ had a purpose for being how it was. The series was dramatic and intense, and the suspense built up by those 'filler' episodes wherein people are powering up and explaining themselves and whatnot is a part of that, and those were a small part of the series overall; the parts of the series I remember are the fights, not the screams. Of course, this is also coming from someone who's watched DBZ since he was a small child, so of course I'm somewhat biased. Regardless, Naruto is nowhere near DBZ's level of greatness, and never will be; DBZ was made to show that people can break through their limits and achieve great things (albeit on a ridiculously cosmic scale), whereas Naruto is made for weeaboos that think that they can be ninjas. Not that Naruto doesn't have its good points; it's animated quite well, and the manga is really good, but I'm not willing to watch a hundred episodes of filler (and if I were watching the anime, I would, if only because I'd fear that they'd reference something in one of those episodes at some point in the future and I'd need to understand it).

So while Naruto may be a more 'realistic' show (in the sense that they're not fighting with the power to blow up planets... then again, they're magical brightly-clothed loud-mouthed ninja children living in a city of ninjas), I wouldn't say it's better by a long shot. DBZ did get a bit ridiculous near the end; I for one wish that Buu hadn't existed and that they'd ended it on Cell (since he was probably best suited to be the final boss of that show, being who he was and all), but it was still a really good show that will always remain in my heart. Naruto might've been, too, if it'd come out, like, fifteen years earlier.

So if someone comes into my account and says that Naruto is better... don't BELIEVE IT...

(Had to say it.)

EDIT: However, if you disagree with my reasoning, I'd like to know why it is that you think that Naruto is better, and perhaps, conversely, why people who are like-minded with me think the other way...

HK

Radiance of Shadows
Not that Naruto doesn't have its good points; it's animated quite well, and the manga is really good, but I'm not willing to watch a hundred episodes of filler (and if I were watching the anime, I would, if only because I'd fear that they'd reference something in one of those episodes at some point in the future and I'd need to understand it).
Eh, occasionally watching the well-animated and directed show doesn't really dull any supposed emotional impact; that one episode with Shikamaru dealing with grief works well out of context, for instance, and you don't need a backstory to appreciate a well animated and choreographed fight.

Anyway, as the typical response of this section, "One Piece is infinitely better than both."

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Is Naruto Better Than DBZ?

I'm not sure. I haven't seen too much of DBZ so I cannot make a solid choice.

Naruto has it's moments, but I suppose DBZ has quite a lot more fans.

Status
Not open for further replies.