• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Is Naruto Better Than DBZ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chris

Old Coot
Stop confusing arcs with seasons. There is no such thing as a season for most anime, if any at all.

GT is a separate series that takes after the anime continuity of Dragon Ball Z, which in itself is based off of the later portion of the manga that is simply titled "Dragon Ball." Compared with the manga, GT would most definitely be considered filler. However, it's best to just view it as a form of continuity for the anime.

Chris

Old Coot
Stop confusing arcs with seasons. There is no such thing as a season for most anime, if any at all.

GT is a separate series that takes after the anime continuity of Dragon Ball Z, which in itself is based off of the later portion of the manga that is simply titled "Dragon Ball." Compared with the manga, GT would most definitely be considered filler. However, it's best to just view it as a form of continuity for the anime.

Mr.Brightside

You will evolve too!
DBGT is a different anime series not based off of the Manga and thus can't be considered filler in any way shape or form. The Garlic Junior Saga would most likely be a better example of a filler season, though I am not sure it it counts as a full season.

Ok my mistake.

Compared with the manga, GT would most definitely be considered filler.

This is what i wanted to say.

bright neon clothing loudly proclaiming they're gonna be the best Pokemon master ninja ever. I know it's a cartoon and all, but it's like. Why a ninja? Their villages are some odd mix of various eras, but all the modern food packaging throws me off. Oh yeah, and villages full of

(and for some reason I could never really buy "chakra" as a credible power source like "ki"/spirit energy)

Agree about the clothing. What is even more annoying is that they wear those flip flops, slippers or whatever they are called. I can't understand how a ninja can battle wearing this. It seems as they could slip at any time. Naruto cast has the most hideous fashion i have seen in an anime series.

Regarding your comment on the mixing of various eras, i don' think that it is unusual or weird. I mean Samurai Champloo has a heck lot things from different time periods and in FF games we see technology mixed with magic in somewhat medieval settings so...

But both chakra and ki exist. Maybe not in the form they are presented in the series but they exist.

lucario is best

shiny seeker
i love em both

Cipher

Nothing to be done
I haven't watched an episode of Naruto in over five years now. But there was a time when I was interested.

You know what the problem with Naruto is? It's every bit as contrived and ridiculous as DragonBall, but takes itself dead-pan seriously.

That's not okay. Not at all.

Toki Hakurei

Omae wa mo shindeiru
Sure, ignore all of the manga that came out in the 50s, 60s and 70s long before Fist of the North Star.
But the 80's is what set the foundation for anime to be recognized throughout the world. Fist of the North Star is what set the foundation for all that is Shonen. Gundam set the foundation for all that is Mecha. Urusei Yatsura is what set the foundation for romance/comedy.

I acknowledge some old works (Astro Boy, Lupin III) don't get me wrong.

Last edited:

Jb

Tsun in the streets
But the 80's is what set the foundation for anime to be recognized throughout the world. Fist of the North Star is what set the foundation for all that is Shonen. Gundam set the foundation for all that is Mecha. Urusei Yatsura is what set the foundation for romance/comedy.

I acknowledge some old works (Astro Boy, Lupin III) don't get me wrong.

This^

10chara

Ash-kid

Ash-kid
I haven't watched an episode of Naruto in over five years now. But there was a time when I was interested.

You know what the problem with Naruto is? It's every bit as contrived and ridiculous as DragonBall, but takes itself dead-pan seriously.

That's not okay. Not at all.

You can't say it about Dragon Ball. Naruto isn't a ridiculous show, but it's a bit less interesting than Dragon Ball. you can't say about both they are ridiculous because it's an anime. all the anime shows are actually "ridiculous".

bobjr

You ask too many questions
Staff member
You can't say it about Dragon Ball. Naruto isn't a ridiculous show, but it's a bit less interesting than Dragon Ball. you can't say about both they are ridiculous because it's an anime. all the anime shows are actually "ridiculous".

Not all anime are ridiculous. Shonen however is often known for that action wise.

Ash-kid

Ash-kid
Not all anime are ridiculous. Shonen however is often known for that action wise.

I meant ridiculous because they are not realistic. Dragon Ball probably can't be in the real life, maybe Naruto can but I don't so sure.

bobjr

You ask too many questions
Staff member
I meant ridiculous because they are not realistic. Dragon Ball probably can't be in the real life, maybe Naruto can but I don't so sure.

There's a whole genre of anime called slice of life.

And there is no way Naruto could take place in real life.

Lucille

Dragonball is way better then Naruto. Naruto got some of its ideas from Dragonball so thats saying something. Didn't One Piece also get some ideas from Dragonball?

Status
Not open for further replies.