• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Is Naruto Better Than DBZ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skiks

MUCH RESPECT
1st. I didn't said that i like the fact that Sasuke took the spotlight from Naruto. What i said is that Narutos personal story is more intriguing than Gokus.
2nd I havent watched the "Sasuke retrieval" arc.
As you said: Learn to read.
Hahaha you haven't even finished seeing the whole thing yet claim it to be better? Really it all falls apart after the arc you mention. And Sasuke sounds similar to a guy named Vegeta. Frankly at this point Naruto just lost it's purpose but at least it'll end sooner then we think.
In fact the only over rated anime in the USA is naruto not one piece. Opinions can be wrong sadly.

Buizelster

Not sure. I don't know how his character develops later in the story but this far it seems fair that he wants to be a hokage, even if it is just for a stupid reason. But if you think that everyone else rejects Naruto for what he has in him it is fair. Said that, aside from the characters Naruto as a series has a deeper story than DB. What the rest of the village does to Naruto is pure racism. Plus none in the show claims that being a ninja is good, they know that they are in constant war and they are only trained as ninjas to defend their village. On the other hand One Piece shows Piracy as something good.Well, guess what. It is not.

Popularity does not equal quality. I don't say it is a bad anime but as i said popularity and quality are two different things.

Ditto to that.

1st. I didn't said that i like the fact that Sasuke took the spotlight from Naruto. What i said is that Narutos personal story is more intriguing than Gokus.
2nd I havent watched the "Sasuke retrieval" arc.
As you said: Learn to read.

When d i said that? *thinks* Oh yeah never

As i said each of those series has pros and cons. I Like both Naruto, DB and One piece. My opinion is that One piece is a bit more overrated. We are all entitled to our opinion.

Considering you said One Piece is overrated. That is enough right there for anyone to think that you believe it to be garbage.

Chris

Old Coot
As far as fillers go.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_-VnA4QWpcI

This >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Anything in Naruto ever.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ww9vyv385VU

Good ol' Goku.

I'm not gonna post some long crap post here, so i'll get straight to the point and voice out what I think.

DBZ's fights go up to 10 episodes, more or less, and Naruto's go as far as 3, more or less. The animation, comparably, Naruto's better. As for the storyline, both are reasonably good. But in my opinion, presently, since Naruto isn't done yet, there's no point in comparing it. DBZ was old, and old is gold. But Naruto isn't bad as well. None of them are overrated, if the audience likes it then it is liked, not overrated.
Naruto fights take 3 or more episodes, but the overall plot takes forever to even move anywhere. Dragon Ball Z had clear points in the plot of each arc, whereas Naruto hasn't really figured out what the hell it wants to do with everything, to the point where it relies on killing characters to go anywhere.

Zazie

So 1991
It doesn't matter, Yu Yu Hakusho is better than both. Why?
1. little to no filler
2. smaller cast ensures all the main characters get a decent amount of screentime and fights to win. (except Kuwabara not doing much in later arcs)
3. ended within 112 episodes. Still long but avoiding all the pitfalls associated with trying to keep the story going every week for a decade.

Last edited:

Ash-kid

Ash-kid
1. little to no filler
2. smaller cast ensures all the main characters get a decent amount of screentime and fights to win. (except Kuwabara not doing much in later arcs)
3. ended within 112 episodes. Still long but avoiding all the pitfalls associated with trying to keep the story going every week for a decade.

With all my respect to Yu Yu Hakusho, it's still not popular like DBZ or Naruto. there are more anime shows with little plots that didn't have many episodes but were pretty good, so Yu Yu Hakusho is one of them. to DBZ or GT were many different plots, so I think it was much better.

zlxq3000

Master Collector
1. little to no filler

Kind of agree with you, except... well... have you ever seen the last arc of YYH? It was awful. Yu Yu Hakusho suffered from something that a lot of longer '90s anime seemed to have in common: they all went one season too far, which totally ruined it. Rurouni Kenshin suffered from this, as did DBZ, kind of (if you consider GT a 'season', which it very well could've been since it was about as long as a story arc in DBZ could've been, and if you don't consider GT a 'season', then just know that I personally would've been happy if they'd ended it after Cell). I mean, sure, the last arc of YYH had lots of backstory, but it wasn't totally necessary, and after the Dark Tournament and Sensui arcs, the Makai Tournament arc was really weak.

Kurosaki_klan

AERODACTYL
Your Opinion is somewhat based on how old you are, about +15 you are obviously going to Say Dragonball Z and below You'll say Naruto.

The Creator of Naruto said DBZ was a major influence in Naruto.

Dragonball Z was one of the Best animes ever, it revolutionized the Anime craze for Americans.

DBZ=Win

Zazie

So 1991
Kind of agree with you, except... well... have you ever seen the last arc of YYH? It was awful. Yu Yu Hakusho suffered from something that a lot of longer '90s anime seemed to have in common: they all went one season too far, which totally ruined it.

I actually haven't seen the last arc. Yu Yu Hakusho isn't exactly perfect though I do feel that it still does avoid some of the pitfalls of the more popular shonen fighting animes.

Last edited:

Mr.Brightside

You will evolve too!
Hahaha you haven't even finished seeing the whole thing yet claim it to be better? Really it all falls apart after the arc you mention. And Sasuke sounds similar to a guy named Vegeta. Frankly at this point Naruto just lost it's purpose but at least it'll end sooner then we think.
In fact the only over rated anime in the USA is naruto not one piece. Opinions can be wrong sadly.

Reply:

I'm on the second season of Nauto so i'm a bit hesitant as to what extent i should call Naruto better than DB but this far, at least in terms of plot it is a lot more interesting than DB was.

Considering you said One Piece is overrated. That is enough right there for anyone to think that you believe it to be garbage.

Since when the meaning of the word changed? Naruto is overrated, DB is overrated but that doesn't make them rubbish. As i said it is a matter of personal taste. Naruto this far seems more appealing to me.

The Creator of Naruto said DBZ was a major influence in Naruto.

Nearly every new shonen has influences from Dragon ball. One piece, Bleach Naruto etc etc so?

Dragonball Z was one of the Best animes ever, it revolutionized the Anime craze for Americans.

DBZ=Win

lol what? Best anime ever? The joke of the day... One of the best shonen sure, agree with that, but not one of the best anime.

K Rurouni Kenshin suffered from this, as did DBZ

Kenshin followed a completely different story after the Kyoto arc. I know they are fillers but i never thought of those episodes that way. For me the series just followed a different path. Anyway Kenshin had more than one filler seasons.

I still find the whole comparison weird. It is Ninjas vs Sayans. Apart from the DB influences, on Narutos behalf, and the fact that they are both Shonen they don't have much in common...

lucario is best

shiny seeker
i love them both but im not sure wich one is best

zlxq3000

Master Collector
I actually haven't seen the last arc. Yu Yu Hakusho isn't exactly perfect though I do feel that it still does avoid some of the pitfalls of the more popular shonen fighting animes.

Oh, good. Never EVER watch the final arc of Yu Yu Hakusho; it TOTALLY ruins the whole series. And I'll agree that it isn't perfect before then, but it's as close as it can get, since everything is kind of manageable power-level-wise, but they can still blow up all of Japan if necessary.

Buizelster

Reply:

Since when the meaning of the word changed? Naruto is overrated, DB is overrated but that doesn't make them rubbish. As i said it is a matter of personal taste. Naruto this far seems more appealing to me.

Well considering you're making insinuations that Naruto has a deeper and more well written plot than One Piece or Dragonball. It paints you as just some uninformed NaruTard. Especially when you make BS statements like One Piece overrated while you wank all over Naruto.

Toki Hakurei

Omae wa mo shindeiru
I'm not sure if either Naruto or Dragonball Z is better but I know what beats both of them:

Fist of the North Star
[IMG139]http://www.freewilliamsburg.com/archives/Hokuto_no_Ken_tankobon.jpg[/IMG139]

and...

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure
[IMG139]http://images.amazon.com/images/P/4088510704.09._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg[/IMG139]

Jb

Tsun in the streets
I'm not gonna post some long crap post here, so i'll get straight to the point and voice out what I think.

DBZ's fights go up to 10 episodes, more or less, and Naruto's go as far as 3, more or less. The animation, comparably, Naruto's better. As for the storyline, both are reasonably good. But in my opinion, presently, since Naruto isn't done yet, there's no point in comparing it. DBZ was old, and old is gold. But Naruto isn't bad as well. None of them are overrated, if the audience likes it then it is liked, not overrated.

Did u just say naruto insnt overated?

What are u smoking..............

Toki Hakurei

Omae wa mo shindeiru
Did u just say naruto insnt overated?

What are u smoking..............
Quoted for truth.

But I will say some negative criticism on DBZ:

HOW MANY TIMES IS GOKU GONNA KEEP POWERING UP TO DEFEAT [insert enemy's name here]!?

Ash-kid

Ash-kid
Quoted for truth.

But I will say some negative criticism on DBZ:

HOW MANY TIMES IS GOKU GONNA KEEP POWERING UP TO DEFEAT [insert enemy's name here]!?

How much as he can. Goku at least changed his strategy occasionally (Super sayian, Genki ball, Kamehameha, Kaio attack, sun attack) so it's better than Naruto, who used only 2-3 strategies.

Status
Not open for further replies.