• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Is Oshawott the most popluar starter in the anime since Charizard?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Caseydia

Ace Trainer
Still, some starters are more popular than others and I think that is pretty clear. Charizard especially is head and shoulders above everyone else.

Charizard was never my favorite of any of the starters. They turned him into an escape goat now for whenever a new league comes up that Charizard would be the one to sweep it. That's really sad. There are other pokemon besides it that have done well and are better.

Sceptrigon

Armored Legend
Oshawott does seem to be one of the more popular Pokemon in the Unova Series. Heck, they have usually placed the Water starters (actually, it's only been Piplup and Oshawott, but I've seen them far too many times by now) along with Pikachu for most of the merchandise I've seen, which sometimes associates with the anime. I wouldn't say that one Pokemon is specifically popular than the other, but for Unova, it still feels like Oshawott stands out.

Why? He's probably got a valid point in his bias against it!

My point is valid when you look at it.

If he did, I'd give him credit but his arguments really make no sense. I don't care what he thinks of the season itself but you can obviously hear a clear bias when all his arguments are "PAULS AND PIPLUPS OR NOT POPULORE WEATHER U LIKE IT ARE NOT" And yes, he does talk like that.

Just because you don't like a character doesn't mean they are not popular. And who cares if they are popular? Piplup and Paul have a fanbase even though you are against them. Why should you care? You could hate those characters but you shouldn't get so annoyed when people point out that they do have fans whether you agree that they should have fans or not. And I know it bothers you to hear this but Paul and Piplup have a lot of fans and so does DP. Look at most of the people on this forum. But if you don't like it fine but but you shouldn't state that Paul, Piplup and DP are not popular because that's a clear lie.

Yeah i do talk like that, but you are forgetting the fact everyone is entitle to their own opinions.

I'm looking at this and even I can tell you that all the Kanto starters are still popular today as well as Charizard. Back in Johto, Cyndaquil and Chikorita was pretty popular as well as Torchic, Blaziken and all the Piplup evolutions. Oshawott is popular being Oshawott. And believe it or not, Samurott is more popular than people take credit for.

Heck yeah !!! the Kanto team is still popular because they came first plus they were the very first original pokemon. Most of the starters in the anime are popular, they all have their fans.

oshawotts only more popular to piplup because everyone keeps bashing piplup for no reason.
why the contest? piplup and oshawott should work TOGETHER to make water pokemon more popular instead of fighting over each other

I was surprise how much hate Piplup has gotten in the fan base, Oshawott and Piplup would do fine if they had gotten along more better then fightiing all the time.

Last edited:
Why? He's probably got a valid point in his bias against it!

If he did, I'd give him credit but his arguments really make no sense. I don't care what he thinks of the season itself but you can obviously hear a clear bias when all his arguments are "PAULS AND PIPLUPS OR NOT POPULORE WEATHER U LIKE IT ARE NOT" And yes, he does talk like that.

Just because you don't like a character doesn't mean they are not popular. And who cares if they are popular? Piplup and Paul have a fanbase even though you are against them. Why should you care? You could hate those characters but you shouldn't get so annoyed when people point out that they do have fans whether you agree that they should have fans or not. And I know it bothers you to hear this but Paul and Piplup have a lot of fans and so does DP. Look at most of the people on this forum. But if you don't like it fine but but you shouldn't state that Paul, Piplup and DP are not popular because that's a clear lie.

I'm looking at this and even I can tell you that all the Kanto starters are still popular today as well as Charizard. Back in Johto, Cyndaquil and Chikorita was pretty popular as well as Torchic, Blaziken and all the Piplup evolutions. Oshawott is popular being Oshawott. And believe it or not, Samurott is more popular than people take credit for.

Sereb, you saying that Piplup and Paul are not popular is not an opinion. It's a lie. Sorry.

Well it is your opinion Pokemaniac. I'm not going to make a big deal out of it.

It's just that you have constantly been saying that Paul and Piplup are not fan favorites and you never had any proof to back that up.

I never said Paul and Piplup weren't fan favorties because i know that they are.

So you finally admit that I was right and you were wrong when I said Paul was a fan favorite?

No i not saying that i am wrong or anything like that, i can tell that you like Paul.

This thread isn't about Paul are even Piplup.

We need to stay on topic.

Last edited:
No i not saying that i am wrong or anything like that, i can tell that you like Paul.

In that Trip thread, you clearly stated that Paul was not a fan favorite. In this thread, however, you say he is a fan favorite. Judging from what you are saying in this thread, it seems to me like you admit you were wrong for saying Paul was never a fan favorite.

We need to stay on topic.

You always say this when you realize you lost an argument XD

Last edited:

LizardonX

Banned
I think Paul is overrated and Piplup is the best thing to happen to the anime. But I don't try to pass my opinions off as fact :p

In that Trip thread, you clearly stated that Paul was not a fan favorite. In this thread, however, you say he is a fan favorite. Judging from what you are saying in this thread, it seems to me like you admit you were wrong for saying Paul was never a fan favorite.

That's not what i meant at all and you know it. Paul is your favorite i can see that he is, but Paul isn't overrated as you are trying to make him seem.

PokemonTrainerKaden

Snivy was more popular that Oshawott was!

That's not what i meant at all and you know it. Paul is your favorite i can see that he is, but Paul isn't overrated as you are trying to make him seem.

What did you mean then? In one of the other threads, you said, "Paul is not a fan favorite." In this thread, however, you said that you know he is a fan favorite. Make up your mind for once in your life. This is why no one takes you seriously.

Status
Not open for further replies.