• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Is Oshawott the most popluar starter in the anime since Charizard?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Buuz

Smash Trainer
It all depends on your own personal preferences. For instance, i prefer Snivy and Tepig instead of Oshawott. That doesn't mean i won't use it though. But i also think about what it will look like after evolving. Serperior and Emboar look pretty awesome. But Samurott? Kinda weird if you ask me.

*yay, just evolved from Cascade trainer to Thunder trainer*

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
No, I think Infernape, Sceptile, and Piplup are more popular than Oshawott imo.

LizardonX

Banned
Americans dont appreciate kawaii pokemon as much as the japanese. the japanese dont appreciate badass pokemn as much as americans.

To me, Oshawott is perhaps the cutest of the starter pokemon IMO.

Brownie

Anti Drew & paul fan
I'm not a Charizard fan, but I don't think anyone could be as popular as him, except for Pikachu.

So Oshawott is definitely not as popular.

Last edited:

LizardonX

Banned
I'm not a Charizard fan, but I don't think anyone could be as popular as him, except for maybe Pikachu.

Piplup is more popular than him and Japan and if the writers didnt use him failing at life for comedy and turned him into a battle machine like Pikachu+a better voice he would be more popular in America too.

Danitsku

I can definitely agree with those that say Oshawott is popular more so in the west. And I'm fine with this. The English dub serves him up as adorable, while Piplup's english dub is downright disgusting.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
No, I think Infernape, Sceptile, and Piplup are more popular than Oshawott imo.

I detect a lie, or at the very least, an exaggeration. Infernape and Sceptile were never on par with Piplup in terms of popularity. If they had been popular from the beginning like the penguin, Ash's Chimchar and Treecko would have evolved a lot sooner in order for the producers of the anime to take advantage of their "popularity." But they didn't, which proves my point about them not being equally as popular and marketable as Piplup. I'd love to discuss which Pokemon is more popular; Oshawott or Piplup, but I'm not in the mood to type up a long research paper on the matter, and I doubt anyone would be interested in it anyway.

Americans dont appreciate kawaii pokemon as much as the japanese. the japanese dont appreciate badass pokemn as much as americans.

You're making generalizations.

To me, Oshawott is perhaps the cutest of the starter pokemon IMO.

Not a single lie was spotted. I think we can all agree that Oshawott is cute and charming, which helps his popularity.

The sheer amount of new Oshawott products released in Japan in the last couple of months confirm that he is in high demand:

[img139]http://blogimg.goo.ne.jp/user_image/5f/42/b589b91b84bf477861b76093e5d3ea7b.jpg[/img139]
[img139]http://blogimg.goo.ne.jp/user_image/08/93/654f89514dbc8610a1a22c1b79fcceea.jpg[/img139]
[img139]http://blogimg.goo.ne.jp/user_image/4a/1e/9288cee1e1a9991b983bf1dae21c3da4.jpg[/img139]
[img139]http://blogimg.goo.ne.jp/user_image/14/4e/a432de1161eec4b2fda93c75c9c53b0a.jpg[/img139]
[img139]http://blogimg.goo.ne.jp/user_image/2e/d4/ec6fc1d71dfc803c1006b94637f33ebd.jpg[/img139][img139]http://blogimg.goo.ne.jp/user_image/27/02/ad7e2775bd16399a2633711cf2de332c.jpg[/img139][img139]http://blogimg.goo.ne.jp/user_image/0e/27/cc5afe42604450ce0a3ebdf2a5369a7c.jpg[/img139]

I'm not a Charizard fan, but I don't think anyone could be as popular as him, except for Pikachu.

Where's the evidence to back-up your claim? I mean it's hard to take your word for it without factual data. I've already made a case for Oshawott's popularity many times, but Charizard's supporters never post their receipts for some reason; it's always just the same thing over and over again; "Charizard was here longer so him >>>>> Oshawott" or "Charizard beat more Pokemon so he's more popular." Things along those lines that don't really support the claims.

I can definitely agree with those that say Oshawott is popular more so in the west.

I'm pretty sure he's more popular in his native Japan. That's where most of the Oshawott merchandise is being released, as I posted before.

Brownie

Anti Drew & paul fan
I'm not even a Charizard supporter, to be honest.

If you're talking about Japan, I guess Oshawott is more popular, being newer and all, but in America, the clear winner is Charizard.

fitzy909

Just another guy
I know everyone love oshawott, but... why? He's cool and all, but i still like some of the other starters more. Chimchar, Bulbasaur, Treecko, they were all better. Im not saying i hate him, but he's not great like everyone seems to think. Give snivy more screen time or Palpitaod, they gave oshawott loads with the whole meloetta thing, so let someone else get the spot. (he also seems to be in a lot of games pokepark 2 and the new mystery dungeon anyone.)

LizardonX

Banned
I know everyone love oshawott, but... why? He's cool and all, but i still like some of the other starters more. Chimchar, Bulbasaur, Treecko, they were all better. Im not saying i hate him, but he's not great like everyone seems to think. Give snivy more screen time or Palpitaod, they gave oshawott loads with the whole meloetta thing, so let someone else get the spot. (he also seems to be in a lot of games pokepark 2 and the new mystery dungeon anyone.)

His design just screams PLUSHIE!

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
Nope Piplup is :3 Other than me being slightly biased, Piplup definitely is definitely more popular than Oshy in JP. They go literally crazy over Piplup: Sing Piplup event anyone? ;)

Wait a minute. How was that event distribution proof that Piplup is more popular than Oshawott? I hope you realize that Nintendo has set up countless event distributions for Pokemon over the years; many for Pokemon that aren't even popular. So using the Sing Piplup event isn't helping your case.

The writers can't just give Oshawott's spot away. He's already popular, so they're just working with that popularity to boost the show's ratings. He's the new star of the show.

Status
Not open for further replies.