• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Is Pokémon Childish?

Is Pokémon Childish?

• Total voters

ParaChomp

be your own guru
Is Pokémon Childish?

(read title)

I still play the games once in a while. It is getting a bit boring but I still draw Pokémon & tune into Serebii.net every once in a while.

(have your say)

Tomato Jr.

these days anything that does not contain excessive amounts of violence, gore and swearing is deemed childish. pokemon is deemed to be childish due to most people remember it from when it was huge ten years ago and not from the games. the games are aimed at 7+ year olds, but there is no reason why adults cannot enjoy them too.

So, to summarise the games aren't but the anime, merchandise etc. is.

-BJ-

What do you think everyone on this Pokemon forum is going to say?

Apollo527

First Gen Trainer
I always felt like pokemon was like the Disney of games. People of all ages love it. If you need proof my dad is 55 and he loves pokemon. It brings back memories for everyone.

King Lawliet

Cero Miedo!
I think everyone on this will say no.
I think pokemon isnt childish but yea the anime does kind of give people that view that it is.
It can and should be enjoyed by everyone of all ages

BCVM22

It's aimed very squarely at boys ages 6-11, but finds purchase with a significant number of other demographics. Simple as that. Make no mistake, though, the primary demographic is the driving one.

CharTang

Boulder Trainer
animals beating the crap out of each other??? whats so childish about that, if anything children should be banned from watching it .... maybe

The Lemonkraken

The Toad Man Shuffle
The animé makes the game series look bad, sadly. Of course Pokémon is not childish, but the animé sort of makes it look kiddish.

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
How about: Who really cares if it is childish or not? Do people really need to feel insecure about this?

Josiah

is your favorite
This thread is just a remake of one that's probably not even two weeks old. Why did you make this a poll and not put in Pokepolls?

mangaeyes

Your on a pokemon fansite and your asking people if they think the game they enjoy playing is childish.

Nice one...

Profesco

gone gently
The anime doesn't make it look bad, just simpler than it actually is.

Hitsugaya

Lone Wolf
The anime started to make it look bad as soon as Hoenn seasons started. The games are a whole different story, though.

Dav

it depends on the way you look at it

yes the tv show and toys are because thats nintendos target

but the games take a lot of work dedication to think up evs and natures then breed ivs.

so its really depends how far you are going to go

i think most people are afraid to give pokemon ago due to the huge childish background it has now.
but to me over the decade pokemon has evolved(yes i said evolved) into one of the best games of all time.
I hav never spent more hours on a game, no other turn based RPG has the level of replay after completion, none hav a well made multiplayer structure

Gengar Fan

Pokemons main target demographic is the youngins, but that doesn't matter, because it's a FACT ALOT of older people are huge fans of the games. Just because somethin is marketed towards a specific demographic, doesn't mean they're the only ones who will enjoy it.

gtab x3

I think it would be both because people that aren't fans say it is childish but other people thet are fans enjoy and watch. mostly it is kinda pointed at younger audiences but their are parts were it can be for older people.

Blue_Lightning8

Moon Prism Power!
This is honestly like the 4th or 5th thread I've seen exactly like this, this month.

But since I didn't answer in any of them, I'd say quite. It's E for everyone though.

NoNamer

the show..
uhhhh.

mario_fan

Kawaiibunkle
the anime makes it look bad not that i dont like the anime its just that i think people think its childish because of the show

Cipher

Nothing to be done
The anime? Yes.
The video-games? No. The term "all ages" really does apply here.

Oh, and anyone who "gets bullied for playing Pokemon" is just being a nerd about it. No sugarcoating that one.