• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Is Pokémon Go Is Safe?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi guys, I recently started to play Pokémon Go, but I have a doubt if this game is safe. After searching online, I found an article, that discussed it can be hacked. So if anyone suggests any info about this, it will be helpful. Thank you,

Captain Jigglypuff

Leader of Jigglypuff Army
I would think it’s safe as long as you’re watching where you are going and don’t get hit by a car or fall off a cliff. There have been incidents of this happening to people not paying attention to their surroundings while playing Go.

MetaMantis

Offline until Ash vs Leon
Hi guys, I recently started to play Pokémon Go, but I have a doubt if this game is safe. After searching online, I found an article, that discussed it can be hacked. So if anyone suggests any info about this, it will be helpful. Thank you,
Anything can be hacked if you're good at hacking.
I would think it’s safe as long as you’re watching where you are going and don’t get hit by a car or fall off a cliff. There have been incidents of this happening to people not paying attention to their surroundings while playing Go.
Well the game itself doesn't cause harm to people, it's the idiots playing it that make stupid decisions.

Sceptile Leaf Blade

Nighttime Guardian
It's not safe as far as I know. The organisation I work for forbids us from installing the app for security reasons, they shut down our phone remotely if we install it anyway. I'd recommend never installing it on devices that you also use for sensitive stuff like banking apps.

It's not safe as far as I know. The organisation I work for forbids us from installing the app for security reasons, they shut down our phone remotely if we install it anyway. I'd recommend never installing it on devices that you also use for sensitive stuff like banking apps.
Have you installed the game?

Sceptile Leaf Blade

Nighttime Guardian
You shouldn't be using VPN for Go, it violates Niantic's terms of service and you can get banned for it. Same with stuff like streaming services like Netflix or Crunchyroll. VPN providers often make promises about security or being able to access more content, but they won't tell you it can also end up with the termination of the account.

You shouldn't be using VPN for Go, it violates Niantic's terms of service and you can get banned for it. Same with stuff like streaming services like Netflix or Crunchyroll. VPN providers often make promises about security or being able to access more content, but they won't tell you it can also end up with the termination of the account.
Okay, thanks for your kind information.

Captain Jigglypuff

Leader of Jigglypuff Army
I KNEW there was something fishy with those VPN services! I have refused to use one and can’t stand it when YouTubers try to push it on me during the sponsored by portion of their videos.

Palamon

Silence is Purple
Anything can be hacked. As long as you don't download any mods, you'll be completely fine. The game is safe.

Status
Not open for further replies.