• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Is Pokémon shipping still pretty big?

BlueDragonfangirl

I know Ash x Serena is still pretty talked about but not really that active in here these days.

I remember back in the earlier days it was more busy, we had that fun Pokeshipping vs Advancedshipping war thing.

Was Ash x Serena peak and things stopped?

I think some had big stuff still but not as talkative

Ash x Lillie for Sun and Moon was in these forums was not existing, you try to make a thread for a particular pairing and dies the next day.

Or Ash x Luna

I’m surprised Ash x Goh doesn’t have a thread since I read that was the biggest ship of Journey’s. Or Chloe x Go or Ash x Chloe.

Amourshipping is the top dog.

Satoshi & Touko

Peanuts aren't just a nut.
Shipping in Pokemon will always be a big deal. I do agree that overall it's mellowed down a bit (and has pretty much died here on Serebii), but I believe that shipping (discussions, wars, and ESPECIALLY fanfics) will always be a big thing.

Blood Red

【推しの子】
Shipping in the anime has died out a lot, partly due to Amour still being the de facto 'leader' during SM's run, and JN not really doing any ship teasing between...anyone, really. SatoGou isn't really popular outside of fujoshi circles, so it makes sense it's not much talked about here; especially when people know it's got zero chance of ever going canon. In fact, most of the big 'ships' this season are fujo ships, when you look into it.

BlueDragonfangirl

Shipping in the anime has died out a lot, partly due to Amour still being the de facto 'leader' during SM's run, and JN not really doing any ship teasing between...anyone, really. SatoGou isn't really popular outside of fujoshi circles, so it makes sense it's not much talked about here; especially when people know it's got zero chance of ever going canon. In fact, most of the big 'ships' this season are fujo ships, when you look into it.
I’ve seen YouTube people who say other wise about Goh x Ash :p

BlueDragonfangirl

lol YouTubers are weirdos
Yah, I’ve read comments saying if they don’t become a thing at the end of the series they’ll stop watching.

Mistycallsstaryu

I don't think it's that big because most fans know Ash and Misty is the end game of this series.

PokemonKnight

#1 Sylveon Fan
Still going strong in certain places.

I was surprised that AshxLillie wasn't bigger but I guess Amourshipping overshadowed it.

And Journeys has basically nothing.

Dragonsoldier77

Bittersweet Satisfaction
Far more fanart and searches on Pixiv, which is usually a pretty good way to gauge relative popularity.

Hmm, doesn’t ash/lillie have more on both fronts?

Not that it makes much of a difference i guess.