• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Is Pokemon Adventures good as a manga?

Redstar45

The Anime/Special's canon know it all.
I understand being respectful towards their culture but my misspelling Japanese names and terms you aren't doing it a favour, if you aren't Japanese it's okay to use English terms for the stuff, that isn't disrespectful. Incorrectly using Japanese terms could be disrespectful
Hell you say same thing if i used English version too and if i did just used English then i won't be used Blue (M) as He is supposed to be Green Oak or Ash's last names "Ketchum" if Satoshi doesn't used last names in the Japanese version of the anime. And are you fix "My" as any?

Last edited:

Ku-ri-boh

Okay I will be honest. I don't understand what he is saying at all now. Can somebody translate his posts?

Also, I said, and I quote,
if you want to insist in using the japanese names and japanese terms, could you at least be consistent about it and actually spell them right?
It's very clearly a yes or no question. Now answer the question.

Also unlike you I like keeping each of my post on topic, so:

After re-reading some of the recent arcs very quickly, Black and White arc (yes it still counts as "recent" I guess) was actually decent as a manga. I realized that it only got worse near the end and all the way till today's arcs because the writers don't have enough time to cram everything anymore and they somehow think it's still important to feature game stuff. I guessed they have dropped the whole movedex and "must feature every ingame location" gimmick, but still

Redstar45

Okay I will be honest. I don't understand what he is saying at all now. Can somebody translate his posts?

Also, I said, and I quote,

It's very clearly a yes or no question. Now answer the question.

Also unlike you I like keeping each of my post on topic, so:

After re-reading some of the recent arcs very quickly, Black and White arc (yes it still counts as "recent" I guess) was actually decent as a manga. I realized that it only got worse near the end and all the way till today's arcs because the writers don't have enough time to cram everything anymore and they somehow think it's still important to feature game stuff. I guessed they have dropped the whole movedex and "must feature every ingame location" gimmick, but still
Are you serious!? .....all this and you still could not understand me ? .....then what the point of quote me in the first place?

Ku-ri-boh

Answer the question. Yes, or no.

You can use japanese terms, but spell it right and be consistent about it. Can you do that? Yes, you can or no, you can't.

Also stay on topic. This is not the place to throw a tantrum just because someone asked you a genuine question.

Anyway, with how odd SwSh's pacing is with the addition of IoA and CT, I wonder if the writers will be able to implement these into the plot without them feeling very tacked on. This is relevant considering we are discussing about how well this adaptation fares as a manga on its own. No doubt fans will be pleased if IoA and CT are shoehorned in at the end of the arc, but depending on the execution it may feel very weird and anticlimactic considering nothing very big really go on in the DLC (not posting spoilers just in case)

e9310103838

Anyway, with how odd SwSh's pacing is with the addition of IoA and CT, I wonder if the writers will be able to implement these into the plot without them feeling very tacked on. This is relevant considering we are discussing about how well this adaptation fares as a manga on its own. No doubt fans will be pleased if IoA and CT are shoehorned in at the end of the arc, but depending on the execution it may feel very weird and anticlimactic considering nothing very big really go on in the DLC (not posting spoilers just in case)

Obviously DLC has many elements that make it very difficult if DLC is stuffed into SwSh chapter. This is the same with SM/USUM. I'm still waiting to see how they will handle these. And I think Kusaka still tends to have all Pokemon appear. ;)

Redstar45

Obviously DLC has many elements that make it very difficult if DLC is stuffed into SwSh chapter. This is the same with SM/USUM. I'm still waiting to see how they will handle these. And I think Kusaka still tends to have all Pokemon appear. ;)
It might getting nod or two in swsh arc with Mustard and Peon origins

09Murphym

I think that Pokemon adventures is essentially what people feel that the anime should have been like, especially from the view point of using a different cast of heroes and villians each arc instead of using the same characters every time.

Redstar45

I think that Pokemon adventures is essentially what people feel that the anime should have been like, especially from the view point of using a different cast of heroes and villians each arc instead of using the same characters every time.
But change mc is not always praise well ....hell Japanese seem to have mix feeling on subjects.

Redstar45

There are a lot of fans of the anime who feel that Ash should have been retired a while ago.
He should really retire back in Kantou arc .....original series sort dragged him and Kasumi and Takeshi too long into the orange island/ johtou arc

09Murphym

As for the topic, I enjoy how Pokemon adventures remains faithful to the games while also adding it's own twists to the story like how Silver is not just being a jerk for the heck of it but has actual reasons for his behavior during the Johto arc.

Redstar45

As for the topic, I enjoy how Pokemon adventures remains faithful to the games while also adding it's own twists to the story like how Silver is not just being a jerk for the heck of it but has actual reasons for his behavior during the Johto arc.
I glad that you liked it ...