1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Is Pokemon Duel played, or at least acknowledged by anyone here?

Discussion in 'Pokémon Spinoff Discussion' started by Snake, Mar 21, 2018.

1. Snake

Snake Dead Man Illusion

I haven't been in serebii forums in years, please, if I have posted this in the wrong place either move me or delete me but do not ban me, I mean no malice.

Anyway, I have been playing Pokemon Duel (Co-master or whatever) since its launch and while it's closing to the 2nd anniversary, it seems to be on a crash course. Nobody knows it, the devs only address a couple of japanese people (literally) and it seems only the main Serebii site and Reddit are remotely touching the topic. Is there anything here on Duel?

2. Flamer

Flamer Well-Known Member

I started playing it earlier this month. The board game itself is pretty fun, although the app is horrendously clunky. Seems to load literally every time you click a button, leaving the screen unresponsive. Particularly bad if you're on a 3G connection. To be honest, that's the main thing thats put me off playing more. Makes it such a chore to get into a game

Figures look beautiful, and they seem reasonably generous with the free-bees at the start of the game. Got enough free gems or whatever to buy a starter pack, which gave me a reasonable deck to get into some battles. Can see it might become a bit pay-to-win as you get into the more competitive PvP matches, but for me there's enough there to enjoy it casually and just play through the story mode

3. PokeMaster366

PokeMaster366 Well-Known Member

Game is fun enough, but has a lot of mechanics meant to benefit the players who are involved religiously or invest hundreds of dollars at once every month on a technical level. It makes it hard to stay invested for a long period and no good from a competitive standpoint.