• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Is Pokemon encouraging/perpetuating genwunner-ism with recent releases (even if unintentional)?

Explorer7

You're overestimating the influence of that quote. Pokémon has been given flak since the noticeable craze of Pokémon stopped in Gen 3. South Park is a show that makes fun of everything. There are going to be people who buy games regardless of other's opinions. If the fact that Pokemon's impressive economical footing doesn't tell you that, I don't know what will

I'm just saying we have to be careful

BCVM22

I think pokemon is trying to remake Gen 1 at the moment because shows like the simpsons and south park were making fun of pikachu and charizard, so pokemon has to fight back by giving them new more powerful forms to scare off those shows. Therefore I think pokemon is pandering but onl to stand up for itself, you know?

The two couldn't possibly be any less related.

Crimson Majestic

From Dusk to Dawn
Perhaps, since a good amount of fandom loves generation 1. Not to mention Game Freak probably wanted to go back to simpler days to experiment with the capability of the Nintendo Switch, and inclusion of Pokemon Go mechanics.

Personally, I don't have a problem with an updated (and expanded) telling of generation 1 (since I love Kanto), especially from the foundation of Pokemon Yellow. However, my biggest concern, and hopefully exaggerated, is that this will lead future generation games (here's to looking at you 'core' 2019) becoming more like Pokemon Go, and even more forced plot experience than USUM.

BCVM22

It's very much an exaggerated concern. First and most importantly, the 2019 release is a year away from being released - the realities of development dictate that it would be very much impossible for them to change it drastically based on the reception of a game that will not itself release for another two months from right now.

Even putting that aside, everything they've said is that the 2019 release will be more traditional, and if LGP/E are well-received, they will be the progenitors of their own line of games, one that does not dovetail back in to the more traditional core titles.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Denko Sekka said:
I need a break from it all which is why I'm not gonna bother playing Let's Go Pikachu/Eevee.

I've decided to do that as well since I've reached a point where the fixation on Kanto has made me feel apathetic about everything to do with Gen I.