• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Is Pokemon Getting Weird?

Status
Not open for further replies.

gliscor&yanmega

I still think it's wierd because of the design of 5th gen pokemon.

Well in the end, in general Pokemon isn't getting any "weirder"(In terms of meaning anything bad). People can still find them weird for whatever reason, so long as they don't try and state it as a fact or anything. Explaining why you think the way you do is always good too.

Moonlight Amaryllis

♪smoke and mirrors♪
Pokemon has always been weird. Why mention it now?

Anyways, I think that Pokemon has been getting weirder, worse, and better. I think the imaginations of the producers have to stretch much farther then a dinosaur with a bulb on his back; they're just trying to be more creative, even if it means creating some rather...fusion-ized 'mons. *coughnewKamiTriocough*

Last edited:

pacman000

On a quest to be the best...
Weirdness is based on a point of reference.

If one's point of reference is the real world, then Pokemon was, is, and will be weird.
If one's point of reference is the old games, the new games are weird.
If one's point of reference is the new games, the old games are weird.

Schade

Metallic Wonder
I will agree that Pokemon is getting Complicated, but not weird

Estellise

peachy

Janovy

Banned
To be honest, there is no definition or explanation of how a Pokémon should look like, a Pokémon is a Pokémon regardless of how it looks.

Is Pokémon getting weird? No. Pokémon has been weird since day 1 - remember Jynx? What the hell is that supposed to be? What is Muk, living mud? Living Magnets? A turtle with a cannon installed in its shell? What? And Porygon? That thing is an artificial creation. A stone snake? A MIME? What the ****? It really sucks that people are being hypocritical when it comes to designs when it's obvious that some designs have been strange since day 1. People are just willing to look past them for the sake of nostalgia and criticize newer generations for similarly ridiculous designs for God knows what reason.

It's kinda sad.

Naamã

To be honest, there is no definition or explanation of how a Pokémon should look like, a Pokémon is a Pokémon regardless of how it looks.

Is Pokémon getting weird? No. Pokémon has been weird since day 1 - remember Jynx? What the hell is that supposed to be? What is Muk, living mud? Living Magnets? A turtle with a cannon installed in its shell? What? And Porygon? That thing is an artificial creation. A stone snake? A MIME? What the ****? It really sucks that people are being hypocritical when it comes to designs when it's obvious that some designs have been strange since day 1. People are just willing to look past them for the sake of nostalgia and criticize newer generations for similarly ridiculous designs for God knows what reason.

It's kinda sad.
There's nothing more to say

Snivy Link

thank you for reading what this thread is REALLY about

Gary Oak!

I got swagger, TM87!
Pokemon has always been weird. Why mention it now?

^What Absol said.

Pokemon was always weird, but the increased complicated-ness in the games actually makes it more fun to play.

abdulmuhsee

Well, the Random Matchup is a bit weird since they censor your pokemons' nicknames, but don't censor whatever the trainer has entered as his/her phrases when you meet them afterwards on Join Avenue.

Yesterday, I played a Random Matchup, and when I talked to the guy afterwards, he said "Nutsack!" Obviously, I wasn't going to invite him to open a shop, so I recommended him instead, and while interacting with the shop, he said "TITTIES!" in all caps.

Yes, my pokemon game has officially had a character that has screamed the word titties in the marketplace. I'm trying to imagine if I was a kid playing with his parent(s) watching.

Status
Not open for further replies.