• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Is Pokemon Getting Weird?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schade

Metallic Wonder
It is a bit annoying how complicated things are getting, but it is still exciting to play

Schade

Metallic Wonder
I just think there's so much Wifi-stuff going on.

Hejiru

Rev up those fryers
I think a series about ten-year-olds leaving home to captures fantasy-like monsters with incredible powers in tiny balls and fight with them was weird to begin with.

Kurloz Makara

Red Death
I've never thought of Pokemon as being weird. o.o I think I've been playing too long... XD

No matter what though, I always look forward to what new things Game Freak has in store for us fans!

DMerle

Guess who's back
Obviously they have to take it in new directions, I'm one of those people where even if they totally ruined it with 6th gen It still wouldn't bother me because I can just keep playing the older games, I can understand why some people might not like it though.

Hejiru

Rev up those fryers
Also if he's upset about fusion Pokemon I'd like to direct his attention to Slowbro.

gliscor&yanmega

My cousin got me into Pokemon a year ago and he has been playing since he was 5 years old. Now he's 16 and I'm 13 and he doesn't want to play it anymore because he says it'd ruining his childhood memories since they're "fusing" Pokemon together or whatever is going on with Black Kyurem and White Kyurem. He says he wishes they would just cancel Pokemon so they don't ruin the legacy or whatever. I disagreed but he said that any veteran player like him would agree that they should, so i want to know if what he says is true...anybody?

I've been playing Pokemon since around the time Blue came out in Canada, been playing ever since, and I can easily say he's wrong(About "Any "veteran" player would agree").

More over, Pokemon was weird from the start...I mean seriously...it's not suppose to be some normal thing, there are Animals with magical powers. There was fusion between Pokemon at the first generation anyways(Magneton).

Pokemon shouldn't be cancel, it brings in lots of money, why cancel that? Just because some people don't like the way things are now? That's the same thing for anything that goes on long enough. Pokemon's "legacy" isn't going to be ruined, it's still very popular and will most certainly be for a long time.

It's a game, people shouldn't care about some "legacy", I thought people played video games for entertainment...if you aren't entertain you move onto something else instead of pointlessly complaining about the game.

Pokemon is basically the same as it's always been.

jireh the provider

Video Game Designer
Pokemon is slowly getting less weird. It's turning into more of a conventional RPG as the story gets more detailed and the mechanics get more involved.

I agree with you on its RPG evolution. I can't help but 5th generation is finally catching up 'story wise' like the legend of zelda (I'm looking at ya, Ocarina of time and Majora's Mask). It is THE YEAR when Zelda is 25 and Pokemon is 15 years old. Both american versions released on the same year. And importantly, we know that pokemon was the student of both mario and link. Read more about the friendship (Master and pupil relationship) between Satoshi Tajiri and Shigery Miyamoto (both are game designers)

Don't believe about the comparison? Here are my personal coincidential compares to both titles.
a. The 6 sages that aided link = the 7 sages that aided ghetsis
b. Entralink music = pokemon's way of celebrating zelda's 25th anniversary. Its music is very medieval, fitting for hyrule. heck, it SOUNDS like hyrule.
c. The skull kid = N harmonica. Both were horribly misled.
d. N's Castle = Ganon's Castle. With castlevania puns that "a wild castlevania appeared."
e. On reference to 4th gen, Uxie, Mesprit, and Azelf are pokeversions of the triforce. Wisdom, Courage, and Power respectively.
f. A few 5th gen pokemon can be quite closely pronounced to some zelda monsters.
g. Ghetsis and his clothing = GASP! MAJORA!(commentator flees the scene)
h. If you flip the map of unova 270% east, it surprisingly patterns in someway the world map of majora's mask. Plus a rupee.
i. If you see the trailer in game, is there any other pokemon game that represents an ingame scene on a medieval castle? none; If I recall, personally, it IS another POKEMON'S WAY of celebrating the 25th anniversary of The Legend of Zelda last year.
j. I dunno but I'm guessing Alder would either be like that Gerudo lady you helped, Impa, or Sheik.
k. 5th Gen background music level is par with some of The legend of Zelda's Orchestra Masterpieces, like Route 10, Entralink, Emotion, Village Bridge, White Forest and Black City, Celestial Tower, and the credits music

And really, for the threader, it is natural for it to be weird. like kirby since pokemon is not meant to reflect a certain human culture, but rather an alien culture that is not standard to us humans. yo know the characteristics. Don't blame your bro, human nature diverses

Ausgirl

Pokemon has always been weird, gen 1 examples: Meowth cos he speaks English rather than speaking like other Pokemon, ditto for being the great Pokemon **** who can breed with anything except legends and birds which growl ftw! Anyway I've been playing since RBY, the originals not the remakes, and if anything Pokemon is getting more interesting with more detailed designs and new type combos. I think he's just outgrown the franchise or has given in to those who go on about Pokemon not being cool anymore.

Lord Fighting

Bank Ball Collector
I agree with your cousin tbh. I think that black and white killed pokemon and they really need to stop now before the legacy is ruined. Sinnoh made things slightly complicated but still understandable and reasonable but Unova just took the meaning of complicated to a whole new level.

Ausgirl

I agree with your cousin tbh. I think that black and white killed pokemon and they really need to stop now before the legacy is ruined. Sinnoh made things slightly complicated but still understandable and reasonable but Unova just took the meaning of complicated to a whole new level.

How did sinnoh and unova make things complicated? The game mechanics has basically been the same since Hoenn.

gliscor&yanmega

Well Black and White didn't "kill" Pokemon as it's still going, and lots of people are still interested. And they don't need to stop, you can however stop.

I don't see how Generation 4 or 5 made things any more complicated then they were before, Generation 4 changed the battling system to make it less complicated and make more sense, Generation 5 didn't really do anything other then add upgrades to things and new features that aren't complicated.

You still do the same thing as always, catch, train, battle, deal with villains, become champion. It's pretty straight forward still. Perhaps things are complicated for you for whatever reason, but I haven't seen anyone have any real difficult understanding the basic of the games when they explain it to you at the start all the time.

FireEmblemAddict

運命なんか死人の言い訳だ
I just think there's so much Wifi-stuff going on.

All of that is completely optional.

Pokemon is as simple or as complicated as you want to make it basically.

Sure, the plots have been expanded in recent installments but I consider that to be an exciting change.

Estellise

peachy
Obviously you can't tell a difference between complicated and the same. The game play is practically the same as it was in the 3rd gen! I'm sorry that you can't enjoy the games like the rest of us. Besides have you even seen a Unova Pokemon? How can you call this http://t1.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcSEy0SuFApidYUBBtwKHcINd4zUlcQu6UI-sfgBIB-3wW7MuOlj better than this http://cdn.bulbagarden.net/upload/thumb/0/02/129Magikarp.png/170px-129Magikarp.png?

*IZ*

Well I don't think they should stop making the games, but maybe the anime since every episode is usually the same just with a different pokemon.

MagmaGruntTéa

Girl with the 3DS
Your friend needs to take off the Nostalgia goggle ad step into the real world.

Status
Not open for further replies.