• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Is Pokemon Go still worth it in 2022?

Palamon

Silence is Purple
I stopped playing Pokemon Go when the pandemic hit. I was wondering if the game is worth getting back into? I've heard a lot of players are unhappy, so I figured I'd ask.

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
I tried getting back into it but the game is very unsatisfactory outside of some events like Community Day

comicstar100

I stopped playing Pokemon Go when the pandemic hit. I was wondering if the game is worth getting back into? I've heard a lot of players are unhappy, so I figured I'd ask.
Depends on what you want to do with the game. Do you want a fun real time location based game? Do you want to pvp against other players? Do you just want to catch pokemon on your phone?

I use it for help completing a pokedex on Pokemon Home between all the other games. Go's entire deal is duplicates for candy, so it helps make getting a living Dex a lot easier.

I also use it to stock pile legendaries and shines for trade. I use an app called poke genie which helps create rooms for raids with multiple players. I usually can't get a group together in real life but thanks to the app I can do tier 5 raids now. Made the entire game so much more enjoyable.

The biggest and best stuff is in the special events. So if you do plan to play I'd say keep up with the news of different events.

Palamon

Silence is Purple
Please specify. That's not enough for me to go off of?

Hmm... from the sounds of it, if the game is back to not being remote, I don't know if I want to go back yet...

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3

Hmm... from the sounds of it, if the game is back to not being remote, I don't know if I want to go back yet...
I suggest playing Pokemon Masters instead. It is a very fun game

Auraninja

Eh, ragazzo!
Eh, Pokemon Go is fun enough. I don't get to do a lot of raids, but it's fun collecting different Pokemon that spawn around me.

It's also one of those games that's infinitely more fun the more time you put towards it.
You are very limited at the beginning, but over time, you rarely run out of Poke Balls and other items.

Akashin

The game can still be played (almost) fully remote. Remote Raid Passes are still a thing (though they axed the discounted cost for them), and there are means of joining Raids remotely; an app somebody mentioned above is one I wasn't aware of, but there are also places online where people will host Raids local to them to invite people to join them remotely. They've also introduced a one-per-day re-usable incense to help with catching Pokemon, if you're in an area where not too many Pokemon naturally spawn. The only thing you'd be missing out on is daily pokestop spins and Gym interactions, which is a fairly big part of it, but not something that ever changed even when the game was remote, either.

I guess it depends what you previously got out of it, and what you would hope to now get out of it. Personally I first got into the game because I like Pokemon and because it was something to do when going on walks, and it hasn't diminished for me in that sense. If something to sink some time into when you're out walking or simply bored is what you want, it's still perfectly fine. I can't really comment on the PVP aspect though, as that's not something I have or plan to get into.

Captain Jigglypuff

*On Vacation. Go Away!*
I mostly play it to get Melmetal to evolve and Gimmighoul Coins and occasionally Pokémon that I managed to Catch in Go that I want in other games.

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
Outside of community days? Very meh tbh.