• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Is Pokemon like L-go?

Bluebird55

Mr. Blue Skyyyy
I did that in the title to avoid trouble :).

Anyway, do you think it is by it being that anyone of any age can play it?

The last I heard Pokemon was played by young people in their early teens or earlier.

I'm not asking for your age, I'm just asking if YOU think it's fine if an adult plays it ;186;.

blaze boy

Aka SamuraiDon
The pokémon franchise is aimed at children, although that doesn't mean that adult can't play the game.

AmusedMilk

Oh, hey, Big Zam!
Age is just a number. You can play what you want, I don't care.

DocGoblin

I think people like me, the original generation of children who played Pokemon Red. Green, Blue and/or Yellow play the newer additions from a mix of routine and nostalgia. Pokemon now works on different levels anyway, you have your watery plot for the younger players, and the tactical competitive side for the older players who couldn't give a hoot about the rehashed story and instead focus on the game mechanics.

Necro101

Ya it is why would it not be fine??? So you say because you are more than 18 it is illegal to play Pokemon so you gotta stop??? I think it is fine.

RAWK ON

And Lego isn't not a swear word, nor will you get in trouble for saying it.

Just like the thread title, your post made me LOL so hard!

I think there are some noteworthy similarities. Customizing a Pokémon for battle and building a team are both similar to building something with a set (large) number of pieces. I think both are worthwhile exercises to sharpen the mind, no matter what your age.

TheSirPeras

The end of an era
I think people like me, the original generation of children who played Pokemon Red. Green, Blue and/or Yellow play the newer additions from a mix of routine and nostalgia. Pokemon now works on different levels anyway, you have your watery plot for the younger players, and the tactical competitive side for the older players who couldn't give a hoot about the rehashed story and instead focus on the game mechanics.

totally agree! the only game i missed was the hoenn region games, but a friend gave me ruby :D

Falconx03

Legendary
I think nobody is ever too old for Pokemon. People have the right to like what they like, regardless of their age.

However, I get bullied for being a total Pokemon (anime, games, drawing and figures) addict (I'm 17)...

QFT and I would probably be the one guy that doesn't follow them and would sit down and talk to you about Pokemon.

According to English grammar, won't the isn't and not cancel out to make Lego a swear word?:D

What?

totally agree! the only game i missed was the hoenn region games, but a friend gave me ruby :D

I stopped playing right after Ruby/Sapphire came out so I never played them, only saw my friend play them. I always preferred RBY and GS, not Crystal. I started playing Pokemon again when HGSS came out, I bought HG and had so much fun playing it. Then I got Platinum for Christmas a couple years ago. Bought White day of release and then Black shortly after. Found FRLG and Emerald at my Job in this 3 game case. Still plan to try and get Ruby/Sapphire and Diamond/Pearl as well as SoulSilver.

Razor Xtreme

He means that the post said "Isn't not a swear word" - "Isn't" and "not" being double negatives.

At least I think so..

ParaChomp

be your own guru
If Pokemon were like Lego, Smogon wouldn't exist and we would have the freedom to do whatever. Now, back to Freaky-Forms.

Buchou

filch some swag
Lego as a swear word. This is news to me.

Anyways. Pokemon is aimed mostly at children, but anyone can pick up the franchise and play it.