• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Is Pokemon really aimed just for Children?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pikachu86a

I am 25 years old and i can dont watch the show. I en you to watch it some time and the battle is nice to see.

Dawn and Piplup

Piplup+Pikachu Fan
I think pokemon is mainly aimed at children but it's something all age can enjoy. You get the childish episodes that are fun to watch (can't think of any examples yet) and you get the more dramatic grown up episodes (hunter j, paul and chimchar).

And while you're young you get all exited about battles, when your older you start to.. how should I put this? notice the characters more and see that there is quite a lot of plotline.

And the movies..
Movie 1 was (in my opinion) dedicated for children, a movie young kids would like
but
Zoroark Master of Illusions was a kind of dark movie about a mother and child.

Mirai Mirai

rabid kitten
does pokemon include bloodshed?NO it doesn't.

Well, there are television shows aimed towards teenagers and/or adults that are not based around having blood and/or gore. You can still have a show (or even a book) be for an older audience due to the content matter, what the show is about, etc. An example off the top of my head are shows that tend to air after 8pm, such as comedy shows or drama shows.

Although I do agree that the Pokemon anime's main target is children due to the nature of the show.

Last edited:

Haunter ゴースト

one does not simply stop watching pokemon.

It's very easy to grow older and stray apart from the show, you find new interests and essentially grow up.

Obviously groups of people do still watch the show, such as myself, however during my age from 11 - 14 I stopped watching Pokemon since I got bored of it, I went back to it though after I wanted to see how it had turned out.

Blazethehaze6

Oh no you didn't!
I believe that Pokémon was originally aimed at kids. However, due to its success with the other demographics, Nintendo started aiming Pokémon games and the anime at many different ages of viewers.

I still watch the Original Series on DVD to this day... I'm 16 and I love every second of it.

And you are totally right!

It can be targeted for whoever wants to watch the show. ;p

Wow!! and I LOVE it too! OS forever!!

And you are totally right as well.

I think Pokemon is mainly aimed at children, but that it is also likeable for older people. It's aimed at everybody who likes it, regardless of age. Nobody is ever too old for Pokemon, and there is no law keeping anyone from watching Pokemon. Unfortunately, people get bullied for liking Pokemon at older age...

I was 5 when I got into Pokemon (thanks to the anime), and I'm 16 and I still love the Original Series, Chronicles and Misty's cameo's in AG. Pokemon is my life and I'll never stop liking OLD Pokemon anime (I do dislike DP and BW).

Last edited:

Yeul

Green Eyed Girl
Pokemon's something that kids can enjoy, yet even as you grow up you can still find something entertaining about it. That's nostalgia for you!

Pokemon's something that kids can enjoy, yet even as you grow up you can still find something entertaining about it. That's nostalgia for you!

There is more than just nostalgia!

It's still fun to see OS episodes, and not just because of nostalgia. I also enjoy the humor (Pikachu and ketchup for example, that always remains funny for me, not just nostalgic), I still cry about Butterfree (and that's pure emotion, not nostalgia).

Do you think older fans who like the newer seasons the most only like it because of nostalgia?

Caseydia

Ace Trainer
I always liked Pokemon but it's aimed for anyone. It's an ainme so anyone can watch it. But I believe for me it's due to the fact that Ash is still there is better for me. But if they changed protagnists all the time, then maybe I would have had a pacific choice pick.

Haunter ゴースト

I always liked Pokemon but it's aimed for anyone. It's an ainme so anyone can watch it. But I believe for me it's due to the fact that Ash is still there is better for me. But if they changed protagnists all the time, then maybe I would have had a pacific choice pick.

I agree, since the show started with Ash when I was young, the fact he's still the protagonist helps reassure that the older audience can still stay around, if a new protagonist appeared it would definetly ruin the show imo.

rohit_1997

Wait,what!?
Well, there are television shows aimed towards teenagers and/or adults that are not based around having blood and/or gore. You can still have a show (or even a book) be for an older audience due to the content matter, what the show is about, etc. An example off the top of my head are shows that tend to air after 8pm, such as comedy shows or drama shows.

Although I do agree that the Pokemon anime's main target is children due to the nature of the show.

what do u mean by shows?never heard of comedy or drama anime anywhere.
pokemon doesn't have any over 18 content matter nor does it include bloodshed or gore.
If u watch some anime's like bleach,naruto,dbz etc.they include bloodshed and gore whereas pokemon doesn't
a book can't be compare with anime unless it's manga neither can reality and drama shows be.

It's very easy to grow older and stray apart from the show, you find new interests and essentially grow up.

Obviously groups of people do still watch the show, such as myself, however during my age from 11 - 14 I stopped watching Pokemon since I got bored of it, I went back to it though after I wanted to see how it had turned out.

but still...u did come back

Last edited:

Yeul

Green Eyed Girl

It's still fun to see OS episodes, and not just because of nostalgia. I also enjoy the humor (Pikachu and ketchup for example, that always remains funny for me, not just nostalgic), I still cry about Butterfree (and that's pure emotion, not nostalgia).

Do you think older fans who like the newer seasons the most only like it because of nostalgia?

*rolls eyes*

For you, it's more than nostalgia. And I just plain like the newer seasons for reasons that I shouldn't have to explain.

Blessed

Totally agree with you!! and it could be more than just nostalgia really they got they reasons fo watchin it.

*rolls eyes*

LMAO!

*rolls eyes*

For you, it's more than nostalgia. And I just plain like the newer seasons for reasons that I shouldn't have to explain.

Sorry, I meant something else: how can people see sagas like DP and BW as nostalgia? Sure, there are older fans liking those, but those are too new to be nostalgia. You said "Pokemon's something that kids can enjoy, yet even as you grow up you can still find something entertaining about it. That's nostalgia for you!", so I thought "how will older fans who like the newer series be able to see their favourite sagas as nostalgia?"

Totally agree with you!! and it could be more than just nostalgia really they got they reasons fo watchin it.

LMAO!

Thank you! I guess they have their reasons for it, and it's so annoying that a lot of OS haters say that we are just nostalgia freaks who didn't give newer sagas a fair chance. We OS fans have many reasons to still watch and like Pokemon (and especially OS), and not only nostalgia.

Status
Not open for further replies.