• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Is Pokemon really aimed just for Children?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Earthia100

Children ages 7-12 are the target audience, but it's not like one Saturday morning the SWAT team is going to bust through your windows and place you under arrest. Watching Pokemon is legit for all ages. I'm 13 and I still watch the anime.

team rocket4ever

pokemon is not the point of my children i am now 17 and I watch Pokemon

Jolteon91

iDOLM@STER Fanboy
Children ages 7-12 are the target audience, but it's not like one Saturday morning the SWAT team is going to bust through your windows and place you under arrest. Watching Pokemon is legit for all ages. I'm 13 and I still watch the anime.

You say that like there is a massive difference between being 12 and being 13. I'm 20 and I've been watching the show ever since it started airing way back when, so I'm not going to stop now.

Last edited:

GetOutOfBox

Original Series Fan

You're 13?! Wow, how do you even remember the good ol' days when you were 12?

Ash Ketchum!

Pokemon Trainer
Pokemon is for all ages, although I think the certain parts of the franchise have things aimed at specific demographics, while still maintaining it for children.

Haunter ゴースト

In short:

It's aimed at children roughly aged 7-12.

Does this stop longrunning watchers who were that age when the show first started from watching it? No.

Therefore the show is for everybody.

Caseydia

Ace Trainer
Pokemon is aimed ofr anyone who loves Pokemon. They have grown old men in Japan who have Pikachu dolls in their offices. It's for whoever plays the games or watch the show.

☭Secret_Shocker☭

I think it is, because most kids play and watch it as a kid, and notice how childish it is at times.

KibaLG8

Well-Known Member since the DP Series.
It's generally for children, although anyone can watch it. I think its more acceptable in Japan for any age to like Pokemon.... as for the US, it is for children & people would probably make "WTF" faces to anyone older who still likes it. I'm 20 & I still watch it. Don't plan on stop liking Pokemon either.

Haunter ゴースト

It's generally for children, although anyone can watch it. I think its more acceptable in Japan for any age to like Pokemon.... as for the US, it is for children & people would probably make "WTF" faces to anyone older who still likes it. I'm 20 & I still watch it. Don't plan on stop liking Pokemon either.

Not only the US, just anywhere that isn't Japan infact the UK would probably get an even worser response if people knew older people play it.

It's annoying, im 17 and won't stop liking Pokemon, it's why i've never told anybody I watch it/play the games.

rohit_1997

Wait,what!?
does pokemon include bloodshed?NO it doesn't.
this proves it...No one wants their children to grow violent,do they?
I started watching pokemon when i was 6 and i will watch it forever!!!Even if i need to divorce my future wife for it

MidnightMelody

Hopeful for Gen 8
Its like GTA. The game is aimed for adults but kids play it. So age really doesn't matter. If you like it play it.

xDWarrior

I believe Pokemon is targeted at children. Obviously the creators are very pleased with tons of other people liking it too though

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
It really is aimed at children. But I'd say it's simplicity is also meant to make the series appealing to people outside of the fandom and gather some interest in the games.

silent_control

A good thing is that Pokemon doesn't have any (or has few) love stories. This is quite original because most Anime and movies nowadays revolve around this subject.

It might be interesting to add a little more gore to Pokemon.

Faker500

Trolls aren't funny!
Pokemon is aimed for the majority of the people who can understand it.

Status
Not open for further replies.