• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Is Red really the strongest 'Dex Holder?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kitsunetsuki

Guardiana Cristálica
Yes, I think so, but hey, the other Dex Holders are a true competence, too.

Last edited:

Jaroda Girl

Female Super Nerd
I think we all overlook Yellow. She has a gift that makes her pokemon evenly matched to Red's.

Evilchibi_pichu

Entertain me minions
^ I don't think it's really fair to say she's a equal to Red simply because of her gift. Red got there the hard way, Yellow's was easy. It's really a cheap/easy cop-out to make her strong, in my opinion.

I think it's depends on what you call "strong". Would he be able to defeat every other Dex Holder? I say no as he has equals that'll still give him a run for his money. Red is certainly strong, but just a bit better at battling than the others. I can't say he's the strongest due to Green, Sapphire, and Emerald showing they can be just as good.

And I always kinda thought the symbol could have been won by anyone and then added anyways since they were all friends. The manga, to my knowledge, doesn't say who won it exactly, so yeah.

Armored Zangoose

First off, Red was exhausted from fighting Team Rocket, being turned to stone, and then helping fight Guile Hideout.

Second off, it's a tournament. Emerald might not have faced Red. I'd say Green would be the most likely to defeat Red. Green is probably the second strongest, or he and Red are tied. Yeah, I'd say Green defeated Red, and someone else defeated Green.

Also, it would be just stupid if they ended it with Emerald having six symbols and someone else having the last one.

No offence to anyone of Reds lovers but i hate Red he always gets the most attention and everyone think hes the strongest so my answer is No i dont think hes the strongest

1dbad

~The Blizzard Prince
Well, to be completely honest, I always sort of figure that the most popular character in any anime or manga is automatically the strongest. I know it's wrong to assume that but in most cases, it's true. I've seen Red battle in the manga since the original chapters and he seemed to be fairly strong. As the series progressed throughout the years, he proved once again that he was competent enough to be considered the strongest Dex holder. He really does have the the necessary ability, knowledge, and skill to be number one in the manga.

^.^ i say Red is the strongest! Does he have that title of "battler" or something?....i read about it (like how silver has the title/name "trader, Green "evolver"...etc). Over the years time i think he'll be stronger in the manga then when he was in emerald.
Hmm, both of you have very good points. Really a lot of people do in this thread. But before I'd say Red is the strongest I'd want to see him battle against more dexholders than just Green or Emerald, like Ruby, Sapphire, Platinum, HGSS Silver and some of the other dexholders really talented in Pokemon battles. I mean a lot of the dexholders are good, and if they were all really into it, in their best form, and in a free-form match I think quite a few of them would give Red a run for his money. Especially considering all the diversities in types, dexholder skills and their Pokemon levels. But I'd have to see a whole no-rules tourney with Red facing all the dexholders one at a time before I could say 100% for sure whether he's the strongest or not. XD

Dreamingflower

Trying out new games
No offence to anyone of Reds lovers but i hate Red he always gets the most attention and everyone think hes the strongest so my answer is No i dont think hes the strongest

Most attention what do you mean? In the Yellow arc Yellow was the main focus, GSC arc it was Gold with Silver and Crystal who got to be the center of attention. IN RS arc it was Ruby and Sapphire. IN Emerals arc Emerald in DP arc the shinnoh trio, the Platinum arc Platinum and HGSS the johto tri. Red is only the center in his own arcs that's only RGB arc and FRLF arc. I don't know were you get that idea from red having the most attention.

But I'd have to see a whole no-rules tourney with Red facing all the dexholders one at a time before I could say 100% for sure whether he's the strongest or not. XD

OMG that would be Red's dead. He's good in Battle but facing 12 very strong trainers is even too much for him. Especialy since all of them have different way of battling. Green is equal to Red in battling. Sapphire is good in team work and prepares very good against battles. Ruby is strong really strong same for emerald. Platinum will use all her knowledge to win. Mean we know how easy she got those battle frontier symbols. Blue is tricky so she'll distract him and then strickes. Pearl has fast pokemon so that's not easy to handle and with Dia who's a bit slower behind that's a good battle combi. The other's are good too but I am too lazy to write more.

Last edited:

Forretress Fan

Let's Go
Red is the strongest, his skill is Pokemon Battling. He just recovered from being turned into stone and helped battle for the world.

BlitzBlast

Busy with School
While the others probably surpass him in some areas, overall Red is probably the best trainer.

As far as I'm concerned, the fact we never saw the end of the battle means we're allowed to assume whatever we want as to what happened.

I like to think that Emerald got his rear end kicked, but the actual tournament winner gave him the symbol anyways. You know, for the complete set.

Last edited:

Ememew

Emerald Mew
The only problem I see with that scenario is that I doubt Emerald would be willing to accept a Symbol he felt he didn't earn by winning. As proud as he is, and as much as he emphasizes the "rules" being more fun than regular battling (this is a bit of a stretch, but I'm basically trying to say that he would find obtaining the Symbol legitimately through a strict challenge to be preferable to being given a prize he only "technically" qualified for as deemed by other potential winners) makes it seem unlikely that the winner of the tournament was anyone other than Emerald.

Whether this makes him the "strongest" or the strongest in terms of using the Battle Frontier's rules to his advantage is indeed left to the imagination.

BoxedLunch

Someone once told me that, between Red and Emerald, who are usually the two being disputed in terms of who's the strongest Dex Holder, Red would beat Emerald out in the wildness, in an unofficial battle, but Emerald would (and did) beat Red in an official battle, with rules and all that good stuff. Between the two, I must say I have more respect for Emerald's battling style, because the Battle Frontier bouts are much tougher than anything else in-game. Sure, I know PokeSpecial isn't completely "game-like" in its universe, but that's all I have to go on.

Oh, but since Red has more experience than Emerald and has been training for longer, I suppose that could count for something. Maybe Emerald just fluked the hell out, or used cheap methods like Explode, Destiny Bond, etc.. XD

BlitzBlast

Busy with School
Someone once told me that, between Red and Emerald, who are usually the two being disputed in terms of who's the strongest Dex Holder, Red would beat Emerald out in the wildness, in an unofficial battle, but Emerald would (and did) beat Red in an official battle, with rules and all that good stuff.

There are very few rules in official pokemon battles in Special beyond "don't kill anyone".

So yeah.

FireTheAbsolLord

Bad Username
Well, I think that Red is the strongest trainer. Emerald uses pokemon from the battle frontier too, which means he wouldn't be training day after day on a mountain top, or possibly any place else for that matter. Anyway, Red has enough courage to kill
pokemon! Does Emerald? I think not! I've only read the kanto ones by the way, so don't go saying "but (insert name here) killed a pokemon too!" I've just read info of Serebii.

Dreamingflower

Trying out new games
Anyway, Red has enough courage to kill
pokemon!

Red killed a pokemon when and why? You really need to read the manga good Red is the kind of guy that would never want to hurt a pokemon without a reason like battling, but never killing 1 that's more for team rocket or aqua and magma or galactic. Red is against killing pokemon. he never battles a pokemon if that pokemon has a disadvance not in types but more like the pokemon is already hurt from another battle or was already poisened or sick. he mentioned that a lot in the manga that he wants an fair and square battle like when he met Giovanni fir the first time in vol 1 Ithink it was after he battle 2 magmars, in vol 3 the battle in viridian against giovanni and when he fought with mewtwo against giovanni and deoxys. SO I don't think he would be able to kill a pokemon. He does has the courage to hurt himself if it is needed to stop the enemy.

Last edited:

FireTheAbsolLord

Bad Username
Red killed a pokemon when and why? You really need to read the manga good Red is the kind of guy that would never want to hurt a pokemon without a reason like battling, but never killing 1 that's more for team rocket or aqua and magma or galactic. Red is against killing pokemon. he never battles a pokemon if that pokemon has a disadvance not in types but more like the pokemon is already hurt from another battle or was already poisened or sick. he mentioned that a lot in the manga that he wants an fair and square battle like when he met Giovanni fir the first time in vol 1 Ithink it was after he battle 2 magmars, in vol 3 the battle in viridian against giovanni and when he fought with mewtwo against giovanni and deoxys. SO I don't think he would be able to kill a pokemon. He does has the courage to hurt himself if it is needed to stop the enemy.

No! I'm sure Red as killed two pokemon! The graveler from the before fights in Brocks gym and Brock's onyx. The graveler shattered into pieces from falling onto the ground after being hit by an ice beam, and I'm sure it was the graveler who shattered, not the ice. Also Brock's onyx fell into several diffrent pieces from pikachu's thunderbolt. Other then that Red hasn't killed another pokemon. I'm sure there dead because Brock's onyx never appeared again, well atleast from my knowledge. I haven't read part 3 or 6.

auteur

Fossil freak
Brock's Onix appears later on. I'm pretty sure Red didn't kill any Pokémon, but I don't think it really matters. If it did, then the heroes would never be able to defeat the bad guys.

And BTW, I think that Red IS the strongest, but that doesn't mean he can't lose a battle against any other dex holder, since they're quite good too.

Ame Kuudere

I think it's a matter of motivation. Red's usually in these dangerous, dramatic battles that could decide the fate of the world/his general vicinity, and he fights best when he really, really feels that he HAS to win in order to save everyone. I don't really think he'd be as determined to win against Emerald.
Also, just because he's the strongest (well, I think he is) doesn't mean he's undefeatable. Besides, Emerald probably bested him with some tricky tactics, while Red's more of a straightforward battler.

Status
Not open for further replies.