• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Is Resurrection REALLY possible?

chuboy

<- It was THIS big!
@ianflowforever: I know that about 5% of this site is made up of Christians, which includes me. I know all of you will disagree with me on this and pound me with reasons why it's wrong and stupid. There are just some things that you cannot prove with science.
You're absolutely right. However, medicine and human biology are both fields of knowledge that are completely based on proven or provable science. The ability to resurrect is clinically impossible when the body has died from massive organ failure as a result of old age or, for example, crucifixion.

RedJirachi

Veteran member
It depends on what death is.If someone has died,and no longer can produce brain activity,then they're dead.Meaning it would be impossible to bring back the mental activity that made them them.Unless you somehow re-connected the synapses in the exact pattern when they were alive,but I don't think it would last long.And if that's actually possible,you would have to quickly download their minds into a computer of sorts to keep them mentally alive.Which you could do to a patient near-death with advanced enough tech so their mind could be downloaded out of their body,to survive at least as a mental state.Then again,would it be the same individual or an identical copy?

Erienne

Anime high :D
Too difficult. I mean, Jesus was "dead" for 3 days, sealed in a cave (or tomb, by this guy named Joseph of Arimathea (sp?) who donated it). He would have died of asphyxiation had normal body activity gone on, and, if you believe the religious iconography...well, actually, probably not. Crucifixion didn't kill by the blood, but by eventual dehydration and starvation--ouch. So it's possible that *if* he had resurrected, the blood loss wouldn't be so severe. But no, medically speaking, you can't bring someone back to life after three days. But, due to the fact he was put in a tomb, chances are after three days his body would not have rotted significantly.

And, to all the naysayers above, everything can be explained by science. Any miracles and occurrences outside the realm of known science are just the "God is in the gaps". Whether there is a God or not, I digress.