• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Is Riko really the main character of the show?

martianmister

Do you believe that Riko/Liko is the new protagonist of the show? Maybe I'm being cynical, but it's still hard to believe that they do something like casting a girl as the main character, after seeing how they treated most of the previous female cast.

Red and Blue

For now I see no reason to think otherwise. Unlike Roy she even got a brief appearance in the trailer for PM2023.

Morax

King of heroes
Do you believe that Riko/Liko is the new protagonist of the show? Maybe I'm being cynical, but it's still hard to believe that they do something like casting a girl as the main character, after seeing how they treated most of the previous female cast.
Because it’s made for the ‘modern audience’.

Sham

The Guardian of War
Or how about they're both co protagonist that equally get enough shine? I'm being strangely optimistic but it seems like Pokemon is at least trying to get back into the pre XY era of just not force feeding an Eevee on a girl and having her do random activities that doesn't include battling.

Veedramon

I don't think she's the sole main character, but in fact just the one that the writers want to market more at the moment.

I think that both her and Roy will be the co-protagonists, with the more successful one of the 2 continuing on to the next series, while the less successful one gets dropped like a sack of rotten potatoes

Last edited:

Eneci

FrogadierMasterLucas
What gives U the impression she isn‘t?

I mean she and Riko are co protagonists/leads but as far as the little promo we got this gen will mostly be about her story.

Mr.Munchlax

Great Ball Rank Trainer
I hope so, but I have seen other shows where they promote a female as the lead protagonist but then the focus is geared towards a new male character (most likely because people believe that boys are the main demographic & it'll appeal to them more). A good example is the Yo-Kai Watch reboot focusing on Nate & Katie's daughter

Krackochu

Or how about they're both co protagonist that equally get enough shine? I'm being strangely optimistic but it seems like Pokemon is at least trying to get back into the pre XY era of just not force feeding an Eevee on a girl and having her do random activities that doesn't include battling.
We can all dream buddy. We can all dream ✨

SatoSereFan224888

I think Riko will be the main character. I think it’s possible Roy could be her rival.