• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Is Ronald McDonald the actual cause of Child hood obesity?

DaAuraWolf

I’m Back...
I know that the title might sound dumb,but I thought it would make a great debate topic.I heard that they are trying to band Ronald McDonald because he was reeling in kids to eat unhealthy food which can cause Childhood obesity.I think this is kinda not the man reason.The main reason is that kids are drawn to toy`s like a moth to a flame.So now,It`s up for debate whether or not Ronald McDonald is the puppet master of childhood obesity or it`s the Happy Meals free toy`s that is the main reason debate begin.

legendarypokemonmaster

It is one cause, but not the root of all obesity.

DJMonty

<--- Currently REing
I agree with legendarypokemonmaster. I remember wanting a McDonalds every day until I got all the toys every time new ones came out until I was 11. I say the free toys are more to blame than Ronald McDonald, but they're both causes.

legendarypokemonmaster

Oh, this is aimed at the clown, not McDonalds...
Yeah, the toys are probably much worse than that psycho clown. My original post was aimed at McDonalds as a whole.

AzureCharizard

Really? Come on now.
I think Mc Donalds is part of the cause, the real cause is fast food chain restaurants. you cant go down a road without seeing one.

Zibdas

not bad
I like the burgers, not the demonic mascot.

HoennMaster

No, it's parents faults for constantly getting McDonalds. Ronald McDonald was far more prominent when I was kid but mom rarely went to McDonalds.

□□□□□

Everyone's doing it!
The Demon Clown would keep me away....
The real cause is the toys, the toys....

CSolarstorm

New spicy version
I think child obesity is caused by general bad eating habits, not just fast food. And it sounds to me as if Ronald McDonald scares children away from McDonalds, so anti-obesity groups should want to keep him.

AwesomeSauce117

Nostalgia Addict
I hate that clown, scared me as a kid. >.<
The toys are a big reason though for obesity

CSolarstorm

New spicy version
The toys don't contribute to obesity. I don't think very many kids eat the toys.

And like Chedwick says, you can always, you know, not eat at McDonalds.

acetrainerdov

ToTW Br0's
I've nevervjad it

Gladys

~Elite~
I heard Ronald McDonald held kids at gunpoint and made them eat Big Macs, all while laughing manically.

Paradoxe

not actually psychic
The reason kids are getting fat is convenience. Would you rather pay about 20 dollars for the ingredients of one meal that takes an hour and 30 minutes to make, or would you rather pay 5 dollars for something you don't have to cook that's ready in seconds? People don't have the "time" these days to make home cooked meals. It's easier to go downtown and grab some burgers.

And don't take Ronald away. Just change him into this. That should keep those dang kids away.

Megaton666

Swampert Trainer
Of course it's not Ronald McDonald's fault? He has 0 calories.

CSolarstorm

New spicy version
The reason kids are getting fat is convenience. Would you rather pay about 20 dollars for the ingredients of one meal that takes an hour and 30 minutes to make, or would you rather pay 5 dollars for something you don't have to cook that's ready in seconds? People don't have the "time" these days to make home cooked meals. It's easier to go downtown and grab some burgers.

And don't take Ronald away. Just change him into this. That should keep those dang kids away.

Pretty insightful, actually. It would be more productive (and democratic) to work on providing a cheaper nutritious alternative than to put all that time into banning McDonalds images and toys.

ScytheSwipe

Its whats for dinner
I think unhealthy food options and lazy parenting is the cause based on observation.