• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Is Ronald McDonald the actual cause of Child hood obesity?

Flamle

Every Weekend....
I forgot he even existed. I only went to McDonalds for the brightly colored toys. I didn't even care about the food. The toys were the real reason for me coming there everyday. Although, I don't know about the other kids. Kids don't just pull money out of their ***, their parents have to buy it for them. Therefore it's their fault.

legendarypokemonmaster

I think we should change this to a discussion about what is the cause of childhood obesity and how to change it.

red fish

A reekfish
watching tv and crap all day will get you fat

Red Raichu Returns

Raichu Enthusiast
I believe its ultimately parents at fault. Kids can look at a clown on tv all they want, but as long as a parent intervenes, there won't be a single fench fry in that kids mouth.

lugia100

Like a boss!
Seems everyone else has summed up what I believe about this topic. It's not as if young children can buy McDonald's freely at any time. They can only have it when their parents buy it for them. If you don't want your child to get fat, then don't feed them McDonalds. I don't care if they're screaming their heads off cracking tantrums on the supermarket floor. Hold your ground, say no and get them away.

Red Raichu Returns

Raichu Enthusiast
Not just McDonald's, fast food in general, there's a kitchen in every house for a reason, quit being lazy and cook for your kids.

Blackjack the Titan

It’s been a while
Not just McDonald's, fast food in general, there's a kitchen in every house for a reason, quit being lazy and cook for your kids.

Cost is another component that adds to obesity. If parents can't pay for certain foods, they just get whatever's on the Dollar Menu. I mean, it only costs a dollar.
Really, the FDA should really do something about the prices of foods. We are forced to purchase unhealthy foods cuz nutrition is costly.

ChedWick

You're exactly correct.

There's a missing factor in that other post.

Eating McDonald products AND watching TV all day makes you fat.

Hello? Real life experience anyone?

You almost had it. You can sit on the couch and eat McDonald every day and still not get fat.

Cost is another component that adds to obesity. If parents can't pay for certain foods, they just get whatever's on the Dollar Menu. I mean, it only costs a dollar.
Really, the FDA should really do something about the prices of foods. We are forced to purchase unhealthy foods cuz nutrition is costly.

Not really. A box of brown rice which can net somewhere around 19 servings is at most 4 bucks (around here anyway). A bag of frozen chicken breasts containing upwards of 12 chicken breasts is I think somewhere around 7. Any number of veggies are pennies on by the serving as well as most condiments. Cut those down to McDonald's size servings and 2 items are a fraction of the cost of 2 items even on the dollar menu. The problem isn't the price. It's education, time, and laziness. No one really knows what healthy is, everyones lives are busy as f*ck now days, and people want everything NOW all the time.

Last edited:

fatyeti4

Master of War
Not really. A box of brown rice which can net somewhere around 19 servings is at most 4 bucks (around here anyway). A bag of frozen chicken breasts containing upwards of 12 chicken breasts is I think somewhere around 7. Any number of veggies are pennies on by the serving as well as most condiments. Cut those down to McDonald's size servings and 2 items are a fraction of the cost of 2 items even on the dollar menu. The problem isn't the price. It's education, time, and laziness. No one really knows what healthy is, everyone lives are busy as f*ck now days, and people want everything NOW all the time.

This ^

I don't think people should be blaming McDonalds for obesity. It's the person's choice to eat McDonalds. And if they don't want to exercise the weight off, then so be it.

rocky505

Ronald is because of rape not obesity. The clown scares me. Everytime my mom goes into town she'll text me and ask if I want anything to eat. And I reply with "Yeah a Salad not from a fast food joint"

There is more to obesity than just fast foods, for example, genetics, eating a balanced diet (eg eating everything in moderation), parental care, the enviroment of which the kid grows up in eg what social-economic class, culture and the food from that culture. Please put more thought into this topic as opposed to;

"I balme da clown lolz"

Takaru

Werk, Werk, Werk
There is more to obesity than just fast foods, for example, genetics.

I agree, there are a many factors to obesity. I was bigger then most kids all the time. My mother cooked for us at home five days a week, and we would each out every other Saturday. My brother, however; is super skinny. Turns out my father was also very thin when he was younger, and my mom was well like me chubbier. I think genetics plays a big role.

That's not the say though that eating fast food every day is healthy or right just because you'll never get fat.

eating a balanced diet (eg eating everything in moderation)

See the way I see it, as a country we tend to take everything to far or not at all. When people hear diet they think waters and crackers. If people actually learn what a balanced diet is and maybe taught it to us at home and school maybe children wouldn't be so clueless about food choices.

parental care, the enviroment of which the kid grows up in eg what social-economic class, culture and the food from that culture.

I think this on trumps all of them though. Mostly parental care. I personally think its impossible to make your children un-aware of fast food. Its everywhere, on signs, commercials, toys, schools, and pretty much any where else. I think a parent just has to educate them on it. You know, not get lazy and say "WHO WANTS PANDA!"

I think children getting fatter is pretty much the country's fault and parents that are too lazy. They just want to blame the fast food companies as a scape-goat. You should see all the legislation the gov't passed for McDonalds. Read Fast Food Nation, its a great book and it has a lot of insight on the whole business of fast food and gov't working together. Pretty much outs every single fast food restaurant.

Except In-N-Out, cause that's just the best. No seriously, if you live in the west coast and want some quality fast food, In-N-Out is the place.

Blackjack the Titan

It’s been a while
I don't think people should be blaming McDonalds for obesity. It's the person's choice to eat McDonalds. And if they don't want to exercise the weight off, then so be it.

This^.
As long as you have good eating habits, you won't become plump.

Blackjack the Titan

It’s been a while
I feel as though people think that the general fast food is unhealthy. Fast food is really just calorie-full, and should really only be consumed by athletes or those who workout alot. However, people have abused it to make it everyday foods. That's the problem.