• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Is Ronald McDonald the actual cause of Child hood obesity?

dragoniteKnight

Pose as a team
It's the toys, dammit, the toys. They make you want McDonald's even more, and then there's the clown promoting them. And then there's the parents buying McDonald's every day for their kids, when they could just say no. So Ronald is only part of it.

toys arnt as big of a driving point as they once were, youll never see a pokemon the first movie situation again. come to think of it i cant recall any toys recently causing the parking lot to crowd up like pokemon did to bk.

AnimeAsh2006

~Squirtle Squad!~
I don't think Ronald McDonald, or any fast food corporation at all, is the "cause" of childhood obesity. If your child is complaining that they want a happy meal, and you don't want them to have it, then just say no and deal with their whining. All childhood obesity is caused by is lazy parents who don't want to hear their kids whining. End of story.

Malanu

Est sularus oth mith
]Wow... I can get a 6 pack for about $5 (plus deposit) at 7/11. You kids are lucky I hit the gym every other day & did sit ups at work for like 6 months got up to over 1000 a day and no washboard abs for me! Sucks getting old I tell ya!

ChedWick

]Wow... I can get a 6 pack for about $5 (plus deposit) at 7/11. You kids are lucky I hit the gym every other day & did sit ups at work for like 6 months got up to over 1000 a day and no washboard abs for me! Sucks getting old I tell ya!

Sounds like a pretty fail routine. But truthfully being younger does have a huge advantage as far as keeping in shape, but getting older doesn't mean staying in shape is impossible. I've seen your two before and after images and the progresses was great but the initial fatloss is the easy part. Getting cut and lowering your bf below 15ish % slows down if you've haven't been that way for years. It doesn't help that all these infomercials make it seem like a pound a day is possible or even healthy to lose or that just doing sit-ups will get you a 6pack.

Last edited:

Blackjack the Titan

It’s been a while

You sound like you don't use the methods from Mens' Health magazine.
Or it could be your diet. I heard green tea extract aids in shedding pounds.

Victoria

My my my...
We could all pick on the easy targets which are the fast food suppliers, but you could also quite easily blame the parents. Seeing as this is about 'childhood' obesity, it could be argued that the main cause for this occurring is due to the parents allowing their children to eat whatever junk. There are many factors involved in childhood obesity, but in my opinion the main cause is parents not being strict enough in their input of their child's nutrition.

Malanu

Est sularus oth mith
You sound like you don't use the methods from Mens' Health magazine.
Or it could be your diet. I heard green tea extract aids in shedding pounds.
GTE work good but makes my heart race to much these days so I have shied away from them. The wife wants me around for a few more decades.

alchimiste

I don't think it's McDonald's (or any other fast food chain's) fault. They supply us with unhealthy meals, but ultimately, it is our lifestyles, choices, preferences and (lack of) self control that determine whether or not we indulge in them.

6 years ago I was morbidly obese at 350 lbs... I used to go to McDonald's everyday because my family's lifestyle didn't allow us to actually have home cooked meals and "healthy" food generally took too long to get at a restaurant. I've since then dropped from a size 48 waist to a size 28 and I'm at 175ish lbs. I still live, at the most, 3 blocks away from almost every single fast food chain in existence, but I've changed my lifestyle and haven't set foot in McD in 5 years.

NimhShambler

Some Broke Machine
I have to say, I feel that it is because of the high cost of "good" food, and that children just don't go outisde and play like they did when I was a kid.

When I was a little girl, I used to live on dollar cheeseburgers from Miccy D's. Hell, I still do during the school year (My uni is quite a drive. It is just easier to spend a dollar and get a cheeseburger...and I've actually LOST weight this year. 35 lbs and counting).

The thing is, I always played outside. Sure, I played videogames a lot, too, but those were at night. I was outside all day running around the yard, walking through the woods, ect. I'd come in, get cleaned up, eat a light meal, then play some videogames. I was always the thinnist person in my class.

I think anyone associated with McDondals is the cause.

Sadly, pokemon has been tricked! I don't care if the cards are good or not!

Funny thing is, McD's back in the fifties was actually somewhat bad for your health, not gives you a heart attack on the spot ad though.

Skiks

MUCH RESPECT
I have to say, I feel that it is because of the high cost of "good" food, and that children just don't go outisde and play like they did when I was a kid.
I've actually found cheaper places than McDonalds with better food. It's mostly people are lazy and content with what they get they don't shop around.

Blackjack the Titan

It’s been a while
GTE work good but makes my heart race to much these days so I have shied away from them. The wife wants me around for a few more decades.

Anyone would want their spouse to live long… enough.

Interestingly enough, people can't sue the company, but the company can sue you if you broadcast to not buy their products. It happened to Oprah when she said she wasn't gonna eat another infected burger during the E.Coli meat infection times.
She got sent to court to testify. Luckily the public was there to bail her out if she was sent to jail.
I'm personally angry at fast food companies for making their food so full of sugar, oil, and fat. Cuz that's what makes people want to eat it. It's the Action Replay of restaurants.

LazyDitto

Of course not. People who say this are searching for a scapegoat to ignore their own bad parenting. Kick your kid off of the PC/TV/Video games and put them outside of the house. I bet it takes an hour for the kid to figure out what to do with a stick.

Malanu

Est sularus oth mith
Anyone would want their spouse to live long… enough.*SNIP*
Not everyone wants their spouse to live a long time Geno, just watch court TV! ;)

On topic (sorta) My wife noticed something, our son and other autistic children we know all crave McDonald's chicken nuggets. No idea why, but they all will pass up pizza, burgers, at al for those darn processed chunks of poultry. Your mileage may vary

MGOShockWave

Club Paradise
Not everyone wants their spouse to live a long time Geno, just watch court TV! ;)

On topic (sorta) My wife noticed something, our son and other autistic children we know all crave McDonald's chicken nuggets. No idea why, but they all will pass up pizza, burgers, at al for those darn processed chunks of poultry. Your mileage may vary

that was a nice one :D

ariaswan

Food is the main reason why many children are obese. Regardless of cries that unhealthy food laws are stealing consumers' right to choose and supporting the nanny state attitude, sometimes, the regulations actually work as intended. A study published Monday in Pediatrics notes that strong unhealthy food laws may have a strong connection with lower kid obesity rates.