• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Is Shinx A Good Partner?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kaddy2009

Is Shinx a good partner? I want to re-start my game, and have my partner be a Shinx (I'll always have Pikachu as my partner), and I just wanted to know if anyone had Shinx as their partner. Also, does Shinx know Discharge (this is why I liked Pikachu the best!)? Thanks in advance!

Mr. Joker

keep calm & carry on
I have one as a partner, it really depends on your style of exploring, the shinx has a good move set and everything.

xdragonx

I'm baaaack. >:]
I had Shinx as my Partner in Sky and I'd say he's excellent! He gets the Egg Move Quick Attack to start off with, which is quite helpful.
And yes, Shinx learns Discharge at level 41, which makes him very efficient for those infamous Monster Houses.
He gets Bite, which can make the foe cringe, and Crunch which can lower Sp. Def. by level-up, as well as Spark and Thunder Fang, which are solid Electric-type moves. On top of that, if Discharge isn't enough, Shinx can learn Thunderbolt from a TM to hit every enemy Pokemon adjacent to it (as well as Shockwave, which attacks long distance in straight lines and has perfect accuracy).
Also, Shinx is part of the Group C IQ group... these Pokemon tend to learn skills that are very useful in combat: Intimidator, Nonsleeper, Extra Striker, and Brick Tough, to name a few.
Based on my experience with him, he's a sturdy, reliable Pokemon. And Discharge makes him a real winner.

So personally, I thought Shinx was a great Partner, plus his little facial expressions that are shown as you progress through the story are pretty cute. (=

Warfare

liverliverliverliver
It's decent because it has range and area moves, but its type coverage isn't something to boast about.

And use the help thread when asking questions similar to these. :ll

Status
Not open for further replies.