• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Is shuckle worth it?

Is shuckle worth it?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

KingJacko

Is shuckle worth having? As in, does it actually faint pokemon when its not overleveled? And how would you build it? I know it only has like 6 moves on gen 2

Sprinter1988

That depends on how you want to use the Shuckle.

Are you actually considering using it as a pokemon to use throughout the game's story mode? Because if you are then Shuckle really is not worth it. Not even a little bit. The only reason to catch a Shuckle in a play through is if you want to fill your pokedex.

If you know people who want to battle using gen 2 games, Shuckle does have a niche there. It has nothing in the attacking or speed departments, but a truck load of defence and special defence. So basically you use Toxic to badly poison your opponent, then have Protect to prevent damage, Rest to restore health if you do take too much damage and whatever you want in the last slot - Sandstorm, Wrap, Withdraw...

Basically, Shuckle is for stalling, sitting there while Toxic takes down your opponent - usable in competitive play but tedious in the actual game itself.

KingJacko

Thanks for the input, even though you said it wasnt worth it, you kind of sold it to me when you reminded me of the toxic and protect strategy. I really have played a ton of pokemon and im looking for interesting pokemon I havent used before

LadyTriox

I have a boyfriend now; I am his princess❤️
Shuckle has some of the best defences in the game. Get one, train it, battle some friends over wifi cable or something....and watch the fur fly ;3 I've also faced this Pokemon on Pokemon showdown. He's scary. Its a good pokemon to have!

Status
Not open for further replies.