1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Is shuckle worth it?

Discussion in 'Pokémon Generation I & II Discussion' started by KingJacko, Apr 17, 2018.

Tags:
?

Is shuckle worth it?

1. yes

75.0%
  2. no

25.0%
  1. KingJacko

KingJacko New Member

Is shuckle worth having? As in, does it actually faint pokemon when its not overleveled? And how would you build it? I know it only has like 6 moves on gen 2

2. Sprinter1988

Sprinter1988 Well-Known Member

That depends on how you want to use the Shuckle.

Are you actually considering using it as a pokemon to use throughout the game's story mode? Because if you are then Shuckle really is not worth it. Not even a little bit. The only reason to catch a Shuckle in a play through is if you want to fill your pokedex.

If you know people who want to battle using gen 2 games, Shuckle does have a niche there. It has nothing in the attacking or speed departments, but a truck load of defence and special defence. So basically you use Toxic to badly poison your opponent, then have Protect to prevent damage, Rest to restore health if you do take too much damage and whatever you want in the last slot - Sandstorm, Wrap, Withdraw...

Basically, Shuckle is for stalling, sitting there while Toxic takes down your opponent - usable in competitive play but tedious in the actual game itself.

3. KingJacko

KingJacko New Member

Thanks for the input, even though you said it wasnt worth it, you kind of sold it to me when you reminded me of the toxic and protect strategy. I really have played a ton of pokemon and im looking for interesting pokemon I havent used before

4. LadyTriox

LadyTriox ~Strange yet lovable corni fangirl~:3

Shuckle has some of the best defences in the game. Get one, train it, battle some friends over wifi cable or something....and watch the fur fly ;3 I've also faced this Pokemon on Pokemon showdown. He's scary. Its a good pokemon to have!

5. raichu27

raichu27 Well-Known Member

Yes, I think Bide, Defense Curl, and Rollout makes a good set for Shuckle.