1. We have moved to a new forum system. All your posts and data should have transferred over. Welcome, to the new Serebii Forums. Details here
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
    Dismiss Notice
  3. If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders
    Dismiss Notice

Is Specialshipping (Red x Yellow) actually confirmed?

Discussion in 'Pokémon Manga Discussion' started by Macromind101, Nov 30, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Macromind101

Macromind101 Well-Known Member

I read on this one site (a site that I cannot mention on this forum due to certain rules) that Kusaka himself mentioned that Red and Yellow are in a relationship. Is that actually true? Because if it is...first and only shipping in the entire Pokemon franchise that actually happened. XD

2. e9310103838

e9310103838 Well-Known Member

Yes......

but the complete sentences is "Yellow is Red's valentine (?)" lol

This is the first vote in 2005 official announcement. ;025;

3. lolipiece

lolipiece Moderator Staff Member Moderator

Yeah, no. That's not how it works. At all.

There. The answer is "no", then.

4. Platinum fan.

Platinum fan. Enlightenment

What? I never heard about Red and Yellow being a couple. While it's a cute little shipping I don't think it's happened? Has it?

5. e9310103838

Taking into account Red has 19 year old currently,

and we will have a chapter of Red and Pika. (may involve Yellow minor)

This is not impossible, but not yet, right. ;061;

Last edited: Nov 30, 2012
  6. Kimchu

Kimchu Onward!

So, from what I'm gathering from this thread....there's a possible Valentine sidestory starring Red and Pika with SpecialShipping involved?

Hm, I support the ship, so I wouldn't mind it happening. But if SpecialShipping actually does become canon, then I have only one thing to say....

tumblr_m84zyvSShq1rca2oto1_400.jpg

As opposed to the official manga couple Ruby x Sapphire....? Uh, okay then.

7. lolipiece

lolipiece Moderator Staff Member Moderator

No. Can we take this to the Shipping section now?

Shipping talk isn't even allowed here anymore.

8. Weedy Spyze

Weedy Spyze Well-Known Member

Oh lawd no.

9. Zoruagible

Zoruagible Lucario Lover

I don't think it is true. Their Pikachus are though

10. eryyy

eryyy Ace Trainer

This is the first I've heard about that. I'm a hardcore Specialshipper and I've never heard anything about that.

11. e9310103838

But this does exist, as long as you find the link in that year.

And they did give it more flexible. ;188;

12. Brownie

Brownie Anti Drew & paul fan

No, and I hope it never does (though that's not likely). Don't trainers take after their Pokemon, or is that anime only?

13. Dreamingflower

Dreamingflower Trying out new games

They never mention such a thing in Special, so I think it's anime only. Coincidence does exists, but for now the only Special shipping thing Pokespecial has is Yellow's crush on Red.

14. Macromind101

Macromind101 Well-Known Member

Unless you're Gold.

And aside from RubyxSapphire, Kusaka dropped THE most hints of Specialshipping than any other shipping in the manga. For example, the countless times when Yellow's fishing rod got hooked onto Red's pinky, their Pikachu mating, Yellow receiving Red's Pokedex, Red carrying Yellow while being petrified, etc etc. If Yellow and Red appear together one more time in the manga, then I wouldn't be surprised (actually I would bet on) the two ending up as a couple. I know Pokemon Adventures isn't a romantic-themed manga but still there should be at least one couple portrayed among the main characters. It would make the most sense for the most popular shipping to become true if one did.

15. xEryChan

xEryChan Ace Trainer Staff Member Moderator

Shouldn't this be in the shippers community?

As much as I wish it was, it's not. Specialshipping is one-sided on Yellow's part. It's not an actual canon ship. The closest we have is FranticShipping but that's all.

16. Flintoff Cypress

Flintoff Cypress Premium Ice Cream

Geez, not this **** again. I read somewhere that Kusaka had made Specialshipping canon and just shrugged it off as being a statement that was blown out of proportion. Being someone's valentine is not canonized shipping. It's just a polite thing to do.

They're really not a couple. They had (or have) crushes on each other. Big difference between crushes and coupling.

As I've said too many times before: if it's not essential to the plot, shipping doesn't need to be canon. Leave it open ended and let the fans imagine it from there.

Too bad there isn't a specific forum for this stuff. (/sarcasm. Yeah, I'm late to the party on this.)

17. cantavanda

cantavanda Blue Rose Princess

What's shipping? :/

18. Born Better

Born Better God of Lightning

A disease.

19. Kaiserin

Kaiserin please wake up...

Ehhh, most people consider it canon because they mutually confessed love to one another and... more or less had it accepted? Ruby's kind of a snot about it even after the RuSa chapter is over, but there's still romantic tension there, even if they're not officially dating.

With regards to Red/Yellow... it does have a lot of deliberate shipteases, but when it comes to canon, it's only a one-sided crush at best. Shippers gonna ship, though, so I don't think that should stop anyone from liking Specialshipping, or even something that isn't Specialshipping.

20. Vchanfan

Vchanfan Member

Sorry to bring up an old thread, but has anyone figured out if it's true or not?
    If there's a page of the poll, surely someone can translate it and find out.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.