• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Is the comic getting negected?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Clockworkz

SURPRISE BUTTSECKS
I registered here to say that Kirby has no idea how opinion/criticism works.

Wait so if I watch a movie I didn't like, I have no right to say it sucks bad because I never produced a proffesional movie in my life let alone can? Negativity is going to come with some insults, if I say a movie sucks bad and was complete garbage, then I'll say it. If perhaps the movie/comic/whatever was made by a friend of mine, I would probably lower my tone abit, however I do not know who Joe is or Riyu or whoever made the comic. so expect insults if such a poor comic was made on a popular site. The internet is not a pretty place.

The art was below average, and like someone said, poor anatomy and perspective. Though if the comic had good enough writing and punch lines enough to even make me smile, then the art would be acceptable. However all you have is jokes that came from the 5th grade when Pokemon was out and you were wondering: LOL how can a pidgey carry me across several miles?

Serebii is a big and popular site, so don't expect a minimal made comic (with video-game overanalyzing jokes) to impress many people, let alone amuse.
As much as I appreciate people being on my side (and lord knows, I do), the fight had ceased, and Kirby and I both realized our mistakes and have made nice over it.
Don't dig up the past. It's only going to breed drama llamas.

Kirby

ʘ‿ʘ
Staff member
Admin
I registered here to say that Kirby has no idea how opinion/criticism works.

Thanks, but I know how opinions and criticism work :)

Opinion = a personal view of something. I don't like certain types of art, does that make that art bad? Of course not.

Criticism = Pointing out flaws in someone's work so as to help them become better. Most intelligent people do this in a respectful way. Showing respect to the artist goes a lot further than just flat out bashing their art, ever hear of the saying "You attract more flies with honey then vinegar.", because that saying applies here too. You will get someone to listen to you if you say it in a respectful way.

Wait so if I watch a movie I didn't like, I have no right to say it sucks bad because I never produced a proffesional movie in my life let alone can? Negativity is going to come with some insults, if I say a movie sucks bad and was complete garbage, then I'll say it. If perhaps the movie/comic/whatever was made by a friend of mine, I would probably lower my tone abit, however I do not know who Joe is or Riyu or whoever made the comic. so expect insults if such a poor comic was made on a popular site. The internet is not a pretty place.

Except it being a poor comic =/= fact. That's an opinion, people are welcome to their opinions, but don't expect me or anyone else to react in a friendly way when their opinions include bashing something in a disrespectful manner.

Anyone who posts anything to the public should be prepared for insults, I already went over this, but the amount of insults that were being said, especially since a majority were not backed up with reasoning was uncalled for and incredibly immature.

The art was below average, and like someone said, poor anatomy and perspective. Though if the comic had good enough writing and punch lines enough to even make me smile, then the art would be acceptable. However all you have is jokes that came from the 5th grade when Pokemon was out and you were wondering: LOL how can a pidgey carry me across several miles?

All art has flaws, but I'd hardly call it below average. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion, I believe I stated this as well? You yourself stated the internet is not a pretty place, so when my friend is insulted because her art "isn't perfect", don't expect me to react in a kind manner.

Serebii is a big and popular site, so don't expect a minimal made comic (with video-game overanalyzing jokes) to impress many people, let alone amuse.

If you've been around as long as I have (yes, I realize you've just registered to "go after a mod", which is really a petty reason since the "fight" has been over for days now, but that doesn't mean you didn't lurk, you obviously do otherwise you wouldn't have seen this "fight"), then you'll know a lot of people DO attack others based on how popular they are.

I've seen people on DA attack good artists because their art sucks, so it makes them feel good to attack other people. I'm sure you're at least familiar (maybe?) with Hail Nekoyasha, a good artist who draws pretty funny comics?

Her art style is very simple, yet at the same time really good, and her comics are funny too. Yet I've seen people talk crap about her, saying she sucks for no reason whatsoever. That's what I see going on with a lot of the negative feedback here.

Some of it is backed up with ways to improve, but a lot of it is "LOL THIS SUCKS STOP DRAWING GO DIE IN A FIRE JOE SEREBII IS FAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!"

That kind of stuff is uncalled for, I don't see what's so hard to understand about that.

Also, next time you register, please be sure to not resurrect a discussion that ended with an apology on BOTH ends. Thanks.

Kaiserin

please wake up...
...Yeah, this has gone waaaaaaywaywayway off from the original post, and the possibility stands (thanks to Darken for reviving a DEAD ARGUMENT) that it'll dissolve back into a flame war again.

So, closing.

Status
Not open for further replies.