• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Is the PokeSPe manga beginning to influence the games?

Latiken

I noticed quite a few things from the games that were first in th manga. Some examples:

-In one chapter, Arbok is shown to cure status by changing the patten on its body. In Generation 3, it got Shed Skin as an ability. Arbok also had the ability to raise its stats the same way, if I rcall correctly. Doesn't that sound a lot like its DW ability (Moxie)...?

-There's a scene where Professor Oak's Kangaskhan beats one of Agatha's Ghost type Pokemon (a Gengar, iirc) with Dizzy Punch. This may have seemed out of the ordinary at the time, but then in the DP games, it got the ability Scrappy.

There are probably a few more examples I can't think of at the moment. What do you think?

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
I noticed quite a few things from the games that were first in th manga. Some examples:

-In one chapter, Arbok is shown to cure status by changing the patten on its body. In Generation 3, it got Shed Skin as an ability. Arbok also had the ability to raise its stats the same way, if I rcall correctly. Doesn't that sound a lot like its DW ability (Moxie)...?

Uh, how is changing the pattern on its skin the same as ripping it off?

-There's a scene where Professor Oak's Kangaskhan beats one of Agatha's Ghost type Pokemon (a Gengar, iirc) with Dizzy Punch. This may have seemed out of the ordinary at the time, but then in the DP games, it got the ability Scrappy.

Probably a coincidence. Pokespe makes mistakes sometimes.

Latiken

Its not, but the effects of the pattern changing are still similar to its abilities.

Honeyichigo

The manliest
They really aren't. I don't think the abilities Arbok ended up with have anything to do with the ones Special gave it. Besides, snakes shed their skin naturally, so Gamefreak would have gotten that ability from Arbok's real-life counterpart regardless of what Special did.

Flintoff Cypress

Premium Ice Cream
Normal types not being effective against Ghost types has been a problem for ages. I'm sure that it's just a coincidence that Kangaskhan got that ability. And everybody else has it covered with the snake crap.

PokeSpe is considered the "defining manga" of the franchise, but it's just that and to say that it influenced anything is just giving it too much credit.

e9310103838

This is certainly some impact from a lot of things (the most obvious example, the projection point of Poke ball......)

But not directly affect.

This is the games has some ideas with reference to SP.

In my opinion, the games on the one hand to introduce the idea of SP, on the other do not care about the development of SP......lol ;424;

ReiZerou

In PokéSpe Normal types can hit Ghost types, Electric can hit Ground, Ground can hit Flying and Psychic can hit Dark, even in the recent chapters. So it's not a mistake, it just hasn't adopted that side of the games and I think it's fine. Sometimes physical attacks counting all types don't hit Ghosts, but just because they are immaterial.

Honeyichigo

The manliest
This is certainly some impact from a lot of things (the most obvious example, the projection point of Poke ball......)

What do you mean by that? If you mean the button on the Pokeball, that was used in the anime before Special started.

The only thing I can come up with is that the gymleaders' role in BW became more important, instead of being useless. That could be inspired by PokeSpecial

That's more a direct result of there being an actual plot for the gym leaders to be involved in.

Honeyichigo

The manliest
I meaning the setting to get Teddiursa and attempt to get Lugia.

This setting introduced in games until BW...... ;245;

I still have no idea what you mean by that. Critical captures?

Honeyichigo

The manliest
I mean this......

View attachment 6278

Sorry poor English...... ;273;

The closest thing I can think of to that in the games is critical captures, and that's more like a Pokeball-throwing version of critical hits. I don't think they got it from Special.

Macromind101

While I do agree with the assumption that they are pure coincidences, I did notice one thing: Blue (the boy) had a Machamp in the RBG arc that he used in his main party and then a decade later in the HGSS games they toss Alakazam from Blue's party and add Machamp. Probably another coincidence but it could be something that the manga could work on if they wanted to.

Macromind101

While I do agree with the assumption that they are pure coincidences, I did notice one thing: Blue (the boy) had a Machamp in the RBG arc that he used in his main party and then a decade later in the HGSS games they toss Alakazam from Blue's party and add Machamp. Probably another coincidence but it could be something that the manga could work on if they wanted to.

e9310103838

I add that the origin of battle subway may refer volume 14.

Although compared with Poke ball, it is not based on. ;013;