• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Is the World Tournament still salvageable?

Status
Not open for further replies.

PokeMaster366

Lately, I've been hearing a lot of complaints over the new BW2 and how the World Tournament is just another Don Tournament, but with a different name. During all that chaos, I finally remembered that this is the World Tournament JUNIOR Cup we're talking about, and we haven't even seen the first five episodes of Season 2 yet. Who's to say that we won't have a Senior cup where we get the people we want to see, or even more, the JUNIOR Cup is also serving as just a preliminary tournament where the Top 4 or 2 get to participate in the Senior Cup?

Anyway, you know the drill! Discuss and debate, and try not to kill each other in the process.

Last edited:
and you couldn't ask this in the world tournament thread because?

I am Lu

If there is a "Senior" World Cup Tournament, then I definitely think this whole this would be salvageable. Of course, it also depends on who else would compete in the Senior tournament. If it's just a bunch of more COTDs, then I'd be upset. I'd like to see characters from other regions - Paul from Sinnoh, May from Johto/Hoenn, etc.

Blame it on the overhype. The moment it was annouceed in Black and White 2, people thought all the Gym Leaders, E4 members, and Champoins would be in the game. When it was revealed it was only the Gym leaders, Unova E4, Aand Champoins, people flipped.

Here it's the sane thing, People thought all the gym leaders like Janine having a anime appearence would appear, old characters returning, Bianca and Stephen, but it's just a small cup with trainers we don't even know where they are from, one Kanto, five Unovas, and a Sinnoh.

Maybe so, or maybe not. But the age old saying is...

Take everyone with a grain of salt.

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
This.(charalimit)

Because nobody would've ever listened to his argument, like nobody ever listened to mine and fell to the overhype and are now crying and lashing out like a bunch of babies and pricks...

Yeah... He's looking at it logically, while all the complainers are whining about how it is not what they expected. Well boohoo.. Expect less next time, and think straight.

Serebii

And, as if by magic, the webmaster appeared...
Staff member
Admin
Can we wait for the episodes to air before declaring it needs to be salvaged or that it's a disaster?

PokeMaster366

Can we wait for the episodes to air before declaring it needs to be salvaged or that it's a disaster?

Personally, I would like to do that as well, but I think everyone on here, or most everyone at least, is too enraged right now to think of it in any way other than "This is going to suck completely" without another internet backdraft happening.

Last edited:

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?

You must've seen the mess the forum is in. Everybody is going haywire about Dragonite, and is going through the works with it and nobody is really looking at it objectivily. It's like Togekiss with Dawn, but worse as Dragonite is quite capable without Iris yelling at him at this point. Yet, people think this is a good thing for Iris, or works in her favor while all it does is making her look incompetent in front of the whole world *cough*Drayden*cough*.

Lorde

Let's go to the beach, each.
The whole tournament flopped to be honest. I'm just disappointed in myself for having believed that it would turn out better than previous tournaments. And no, I don't think there will be a Senior World Tournament. I think this is all we're getting until the Pokemon League, which I'm not looking forward to anymore.

Haunter ゴースト

A much better idea instead of the 'Junior World Cup' should have been the 'Gym Trainer World Cup' where the Unova Gym Leaders all enter and any trainer who has gained 8 Badges can enter the Tournament too.

This way I think It'd have been much more worthy of having 'World' in the title.

Encyclopika

The Queen
Since we don't really know what will happen in the World Tourney, it's best leaving discussion in the appropriate thread. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.